General > Non-Frauds

Lakota-Dakota-Nakota

<< < (6/7) > >>

AnnOminous:

--- Quote ---The Assiniboine are Cree people who mixed with Ihunktonwanan people so their language is a mixture of Cree and Dakota.

--- End quote ---

Cree?  This is really indicated in Winter Counts?
Please check your records again.  This is not accurate information

This link might help somewhat:
http://www.sicc.sk.ca/heritage/sils/ourlanguages/ihanktonwan/history/dnl_profile.html

earthw7:
Oh so they are mixed objiway
I knew they were from my nation the Ihunktonwana and they were created in the 1600
when i was in canada at Wahpeton they spoke a cree and mix dakota language
so iam wrong

they are chipasioux ;D ;D ;D

So at Fort Peck they speak a objiway mixed dakota langauge??

AnnOminous:

--- Quote from: earthw7 on July 20, 2011, 10:35:16 pm ---Oh so they are mixed objiway
I knew they were from my nation the Ihunktonwana and they were created in the 1600
when i was in canada at Wahpeton they spoke a cree and mix dakota language
so iam wrong

they are chipasioux ;D ;D ;D

So at Fort Peck they speak a objiway mixed dakota langauge??

--- End quote ---
No, earth, that's not what I'm saying at all.  They are not mixed anything.  Like any other Nation, whether patrilineal or matrilineal, there were marriages and alliances made with those from other Tribes, just like in yours.  They weren't "created" in the 1600s; their Creation Story goes back as far as yours.  And mine.  If you re-read your very first post in this thread that you started, you will find the answers to your questions.

Please, let's not continue to take this subject in a disrespectful direction.

earthw7:
I meant no disrepect only trying to learn,
it gets confusing because different people tell you different
things.
I guees i am misunderstanding you thats all,
I would like to learn what the creation stories is for your people?
The stories as to why your people are called the Stoney Sioux, there are
so many stories out there i would like to know which one is true.
I was told that the lanuage is mixed with cree but your saying its objiway which
are two different langauges and of course the Nakota.
My sister lives in Fort Peck we are Ihunktonwana, She is always saying that
the people speak a mixed language
I am here to learn ;D

AnnOminous:

--- Quote from: earthw7 on July 24, 2011, 08:35:14 pm ---I meant no disrepect only trying to learn,
it gets confusing because different people tell you different
things.
I guees i am misunderstanding you thats all,
I would like to learn what the creation stories is for your people?
The stories as to why your people are called the Stoney Sioux, there are
so many stories out there i would like to know which one is true.
I was told that the lanuage is mixed with cree but your saying its objiway which
are two different langauges and of course the Nakota.
My sister lives in Fort Peck we are Ihunktonwana, She is always saying that
the people speak a mixed language
I am here to learn ;D

--- End quote ---
earth, it is difficult to pick up from your posts that you are wanting to learn when you continue to make erroneous statements.  I understand that your sister is not the authority, nor should she be quoted as such.  The two reservations in the US--Fort Peck and Fort Belknap-- are both shared reservations.  In Canada there are eight Nakoda-Sioux reserves, each a distinct sovereign Nation.  However, they all speak Nakoda, as you state in your first paragraph.  Apparently Assiniboines south of the border speak a different language (Assiniboin) than in Canada (Stoney) but they are both Nakoda languages.  Nakoda sounds nothing like Lakota but they are both, together with Dakota, in the Siouan language family.  So I hope we have that straight now.

I never said, or implied, they were my people.

I never said, or implied, their language was mixed with Ojibwe.

The fact that you are again stating they speak a mixed language is offensive and erroneous.  The Algonkian-speaking Nations (Cree, Ojibwe and Blackfoot) were, in fact, traditional enemies of the Nakoda Sioux.

It seems like you are making statements to somehow make Assiniboins less "Sioux" than Lakotas.  I hope I am misunderstanding your intentions in this regard.

I do not discuss Creation Stories on the internet, which should be no surprise. 

If you are interested in learning more, I recommend a book written by (now crossed) Chief John Snow called "These Mountains Are Our Sacred Places:  The Story of the Stoney People."  John was a well-respected Chief of the Stoney Nation for over 30 years.

I don't believe I have anything else to say on this matter.  I hope I have added some clarity to a thread that was started initially to add clarification on another matter.  Further queries regarding the Nakoda would be best handled by communicating with each particular Nation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version