Author Topic: Revisions to Post  (Read 8991 times)

Autumn

Revisions to Post
« on: November 25, 2014, 02:43:16 am »
Has something happened to the revision function?

I just tried to revise a post by adding to it and, instead of adding to the post, it created a new post and copied the old post.  That seems like a waste of space to me and it is not how it used to be.  Maybe something happened to the settings during the downtime we had a short while back?

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Revisions to Post
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 08:12:32 pm »
There are limited options in what functions we can make accessible to all members. We recently had to disable the "Modify" function for everyone but the mod/admin team because too many frauds were using it to delete incriminating content. The way the software works here doesn't allow for a lot of fine-tuning in individual settings, so we had to go with what worked best for the primary purposes of the board.

Autumn

Re: Revisions to Post
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 01:33:13 am »
There are limited options in what functions we can make accessible to all members. We recently had to disable the "Modify" function for everyone but the mod/admin team because too many frauds were using it to delete incriminating content. The way the software works here doesn't allow for a lot of fine-tuning in individual settings, so we had to go with what worked best for the primary purposes of the board.

Thanks for clarifying that.  I was confused about what was happening.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:00:14 pm by NAFPS Housekeeping »