Author Topic: Rachel Hayward (student of Mark Robert Lumaye)  (Read 4313 times)

Epiphany

Rachel Hayward (student of Mark Robert Lumaye)
« on: December 04, 2012, 01:24:31 am »
 Rachel Hayward, student of Mark Robert Lumaye AKA Shaman Swadwa AKA Gothi Thorbjorn (Central Oregon Coast) http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3822.0

August 2012 LinkedIn bio:

Rachel Hayward's Education
Shaman Swadwa Medicine Woman, Traditional Path
2009 – 2013 (expected)
Apprenticeship with traditional Tsinuk (Chinook) Shaman in traditional Tsinuk Medicine Woman path. I am an enrolled member in the Tsinuk tribe, and look to bring back this sacred path.

December 2012 LinkedIn:

Thornbjorn the Dane
Traditional Path

2009 – 2013 (expected)

Apprenticeship with traditional Shaman in traditional Norse Gythja path. Specialty - earth medicines, shamanic healing, sound healing.

I am an enrolled member in the Tsinuk Native American tribe, and spent three years learning the traditional Medicine Woman path before embarking on the Norse spiritual path.

Beyond Words publishing http://www.beyondword.com/about/people bio:

Rachel Hayward, MDiv, travels from Newberg to work on our multi-media projects and assist with a variety of important tasks in the office. She received her Masters in Divinity and Interfaith Studies in 2006 and was initiated into the Hungarian Basci shamanic tradition in 2005. She also founded a shamanic sound healing troupe named Shemaya. This gives her a unique understanding of the mind-body-spirit genre. Rachel enjoys reading books about the shamanic traditions and how it is converging with science today, and she is also a huge Harry Potter fan. She even owns her own robe and has a wand her father made. Rachel enjoys hiking in the wilds, learning the traditional acoustic drum set and other funky instruments, and being a mom.

Favorite Books: The Education of Little Tree, by Forrest Carter; The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint Exupéry

Offline tsalagi43

Re: Rachel Hayward (student of Mark Robert Lumaye)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 05:56:49 am »
This name is not familiar.  I was a volunteer with the tribe for several years.  I can call and check.

Epiphany

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 04:58:52 pm »
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rachel-hayward/3b/648/5a2

No longer any references to apprenticeship with shaman/gothi or claims of being an "enrolled member in the Tsinuk tribe" on her LinkedIn profile overview.

Offline tsalagi43

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 01:31:44 am »
I did check, and apparently, she is enrolled.  Don't know if they'll take any steps as to her or the 'sham-man'.  He was told unequivocally, DO NOT CLAIM TO BE A CHINOOK SHAMAN.  He has never been able to prove he is Chinook, and was told actions would be taken if he kept claiming to be a Chinook shaman, so instead, he just left the area and kept doing it.
I wonder if she got sick of his arrogance, too?