Author Topic: Santee of South Carolina??  (Read 42901 times)

Offline milehighsalute

Re: Santee of South Carolina??
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2014, 06:12:02 am »
i contend that though some people may be PODIAs....are they in any way right to call themselves ndn?

if a great great great great great grandmother was a cherokee princess....or a lenape princess....or a mexika princess but you, your parents, grandparents or anyone else in your family tree that you know doesnt know shit about being native, and in turn you dont know shit........can you call yourself an ndn? my opinion is NO!!!!

too much disconnection.........will the said tribe your princess ancestor desnded from recognize you, claim you?.......NO........so there waccamaws, santees, washitas, yamasees whatever wannabe tribe provides the next best thing.......a buncha likeminded twinks.....they will accept the PODIA.....hell they will accept a non-PODIA too.....they provide that sanctuary that nurses the delusions of those who hate thier black or white skin...

there is no way a PODIA who had a distant ndn ancestor going back to the 1700s......1600s or whatever has any business identifying as us........even if he/she really do descend from pocahantas

Offline a robinson

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 02:57:26 pm »
No
we are not relative
no we have not had people in the east  (Earth 7)

In his book, "Mitakuye Oyasin" page 61, Dr. A.C. Ross (Santee Sioux) states, "The anthropology of the Dakota people determined that they were located in North Carolina about 1400 A.D.

Why not call the Santee Sioux tribal office in Nebrasksa and ask to hear their Origination story. Then take a trip down there and look at the mural of their migration on the wall of the tribal offices.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2014, 05:46:09 pm »
No
we are not relative

In his book, "Mitakuye Oyasin" page 61, Dr. A.C. Ross (Santee Sioux) states, "The anthropology of the Dakota people determined that they were located in North Carolina about 1400 A.D.

Why not call the Santee Sioux tribal office in Nebrasksa and ask to hear their Origination story. Then take a trip down there and look at the mural of their migration on the wall of the tribal offices.

I know Chuck Ross and had the pleasure of many conversation with him, Indian country is small we all know each other, I can tell you after many years of research Chuck was quoting what the books wrote at that time, since then we have been putting together our winter counts and doing our own history, as far as calling the Tribal office it would be the same as calling mine you will talk with secretary who dont know their whole history, I would if you could provide some evidence different then what we have put together for the Lakota-Dakota-Nakota people, i would be willing to listen, I know that we were in the Mississippi valley in 900 so are you saying we then traveled east then to the west or you say a band of our people traveled east or was it was family that travel east? Then could you tell me which band of the Isanti were in the east? I know the whole nation was not there. I have the archaeological dwelling of our people in Michigan in 1400, provide the information i am willing to listen and add it to our information if there is eveidence. Plus what are the names of the people?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:48:57 pm by earthw7 »
In Spirit

Autumn

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 06:13:03 pm »
No
we are not relative

From a 2013 interview with Dr. Ross:

Starting in 1962 is when my quest began. See later I learned that with that first vision of that giant serpent laying across the road that was what metaphysics calls kundalini. It was an opening of my chakras. It was an awakening of my psychic abilities so that I could receive information. And that started in 1962, when I was in Germany. That’s when the quest started. When I was in Germany I came across these German hobbyists who study Native Americans. They learn the language, they make old traditional outfits, they make them the old way, they learn how to dance and sing, and they have sweat lodges. Everything.

Later I visited one of their tepee villages. They allowed no electricity, no radio. Everything in the village had to be like it was 200 years ago. It just brought flashbacks of how we must have lived way, way back.

The book Mitakuye Oyasin deals with Dakota/Lakota mythology regarding the Pleiades, stories of a great flood, how life emerged from red clay, and how all of these things, not only among Native Americans, but cultures all over the world have stories that are remarkably similar. And in rereading your book again I was fascinated to read about the creation myths of many different people and of how animals were created before man, how it often seems to follow that pattern, and then in the Cayce readings man was created from animal endocrine systems which I didn’t realize.

When I graduated college I went down on the Navajo reservation and taught for five years and while I was down there I married a Hopi girl, so I visited the Hopi reservation every weekend. That’s how I got to know about the Hopis. And as you know, in my book, the main stories are Lakota stories, but they’re intertwined with the Hopi and the Navajo. Then those three are intertwined with other religious philosophies over the world.

The book, Mitakuye Oyasin (We are all related) is in the 21st printing with over 100,000 copies sold. It won the top 50 New Books Award in 1992 at Frankfurt, Germany (the world’s largest book fair). It contains the real history of America based on the oral history of 33 different tribes.

http://one-vibration.com/group/thegospeloftheredman/forum/topics/sundance-chief-and-award-winning-author-ehanamani-dr-a-c-ross#.VJBsfcnAtht

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 06:55:58 pm »
yes Chuck he is from Flandreau South Dakota he wrote i believe about four books he studied Jung and
the left brain and right brain way of thinking.
In Spirit

Autumn

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 08:04:30 pm »
yes Chuck he is from Flandreau South Dakota he wrote i believe about four books he studied Jung and
the left brain and right brain way of thinking.

Thank you, Earth.  I have no doubt he is a very educated person and highly qualified.  I did not make myself clear in my prior post.  I just wondered if he was a good person to quote regarding the topic of this thread, whether the Santee were in North Carolina?

He has been a speaker for the Star Knowledge Conferences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mFLBrL_gAE

A thread on this forum regarding Loren Zephier of the Star Knowledge Conferences:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2897.msg33688#msg33688

Autumn

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2014, 01:23:40 am »
Lol. So a group of Germans do it and they're cool"
But if I do it I'm a wannabe ..? Just did some more reading here ...so pls pardon my line of questioning here..
A man travels to Germany and sees the age resurrected in Europe and the natives are a "study" and what this man Sees provokes thought .....but my mind and heart are moved by what I've learned and I'm condemned by the same people that I'm learning from. Yes I'm a mixture of european. African and quite possibly native (still a mystery) and I'm still getting that same "vibe" that nobody really wants anything to do with African Americans period ...but a full blooded Masai warrior from Kenya can Sundance in south Dakota  but an African american will catch hell for trying..pay me no mind here. But I'm not afraid to talk about what may be the underlying issue here ....anybody coming out of the southeast gets blasted for loving native culture and spirituality by people way on the other side of the country ..who don't really know how the other half is living ..my sons mother left flathead to visit my grandparents in new York one time and never went back

antiunilateral43, you misunderstood what I was trying to point out in my post.  I was not saying that it was right for someone to get inspiration from what we would call "Pretendians" on this forum, but that the author who was quoted as saying the Santees were in North Carolina in 1400 was maybe not the right person to be quoting.  He actually is NDN and had gotten away from his culture due to the fact that he had been raised in a Christian boarding school.  His meeting with the Germans made him realize how little he knew about his culture and inspired him to go home and study his culture, but that does not make what the German hobbyists are doing right.

IMHO, I realize you are in pain and the way you describe your disconnection is painful to hear, but it seems to me that the people on this forum have gone out of their way to help you (and, yes, guide you).  Piff warned you about falling for teachers who may not be looking out for your best interest and Earth has told you that you need to find your healing within.  There are wise words from people who know what they are talking about.  Just my humble opinion, again, but I think you need to slow down and spend some time reading the threads on this forum so that you will get a sense of what this forum is about and see how exploiters take advantage of people just like you.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2014, 01:46:54 am »
Since antiunilateral's tangent devolved into a discussion of one person's genealogy and desire to learn ceremony, I've moved that tangent to etc: antiunilateral43, African-American genealogy (tangent from Santee of So. Carolina?)  http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4529.0
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:49:36 pm by Kathryn »

Offline antiunilateral43

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2014, 02:18:01 am »
No
we are not relative

I did in fact call tribal historian in niobrara and he did say that the Carolinas were ancestral homelands at one time. Someone from within the forum did pose a very good question : had they been of the same peoples why didn't they come home ?? But from what I learned about the 38 brothers hung in mankato .. Santee being pushed this way is kinda recent when u think in terms of time. The year I heard was 1867.  A woman states  " when we were brought here from the east our first homes were in the stockade in Minnesota " so where from the east was she talking about ??
The mystery deepens and again I have to admit that both arguments are pretty sound. There's proof somewhere ...
And in the event my grandmother was actually telling the truth about Rachel. There's gotta be proof of that somewhere too ..someone actually suggested I dig by way of probate records to come to a conclusion about her blood.. Another way I've been considering is thru DNA testing to come to a conclusion

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2014, 03:12:33 pm »
chuck is a very good friend of mine......he performed my initiation ceremony to powwow arena along with john emhoolah for me and my brother when we were kids.....we know him as "uncle chuck"........small world

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2014, 05:30:46 pm »
No
we are not relative

I did in fact call tribal historian in niobrara and he did say that the Carolinas were ancestral homelands at one time. Someone from within the forum did pose a very good question : had they been of the same peoples why didn't they come home ?? But from what I learned about the 38 brothers hung in mankato .. Santee being pushed this way is kinda recent when u think in terms of time. The year I heard was 1867.  A woman states  " when we were brought here from the east our first homes were in the stockade in Minnesota " so where from the east was she talking about ??
The mystery deepens and again I have to admit that both arguments are pretty sound. There's proof somewhere ...
And in the event my grandmother was actually telling the truth about Rachel. There's gotta be proof of that somewhere too ..someone actually suggested I dig by way of probate records to come to a conclusion about her blood.. Another way I've been considering is thru DNA testing to come to a conclusion
I think your mixing things up yes MY RELATIVES were hung at Manikota or as we say MAKA To, The hanging was in to 1863 they were being pushed from our homes is the eastern side of Minnesota and Wisconsin, if you know our history we lived in the Mille lac area which is on the Wisconsin and Minnesota border. the settlers moved into the Minnesota river valley and moved the tribe further south until the stood up to fight back. We know our history. The Isanti did not come to Nebraska until after they let them out of prison i know there history   
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:49:41 pm by earthw7 »
In Spirit

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 02:52:06 pm »
chuck is a very good friend of mine......he performed my initiation ceremony to powwow arena along with john emhoolah for me and my brother when we were kids.....we know him as "uncle chuck"........small world

I have known Chuck Ross since 1980 when he lived on the rock
In Spirit

Offline a robinson

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 09:01:15 pm »

I know Chuck Ross and had the pleasure of many conversation with him, Indian country is small we all know each other, I can tell you after many years of research Chuck was quoting what the books wrote at that time, since then we have been putting together our winter counts and doing our own history, as far as calling the Tribal office it would be the same as calling mine you will talk with secretary who dont know their whole history, I would if you could provide some evidence different then what we have put together for the Lakota-Dakota-Nakota people, i would be willing to listen, I know that we were in the Mississippi valley in 900 so are you saying we then traveled east then to the west or you say a band of our people traveled east or was it was family that travel east? Then could you tell me which band of the Isanti were in the east? I know the whole nation was not there. I have the archaeological dwelling of our people in Michigan in 1400, provide the information i am willing to listen and add it to our information if there is eveidence. Plus what are the names of the people?

Hello Earth 7,

What I suggested about calling the Tribal offices, even if it was an office worker answering the phone they would still likely to be able to give an interpretation of the migration mural on the wall of the tribal offices or put one in touch with some one who could. I have no evidence other than what I have read in Dr. Ross's book and what I have been told by other Santee Sioux tribal members. I am not "saying" anything other than what I quoted from his book. I am not a tribal historian, nor am I an anthropologist.

I  met Chuck back about 1989 when his first book was published. We met at a pow wow. I'm sure all who know him here know him better than I. I have talked to him only a few times both in person and on the phone but that was over 20 years ago. My husband and I talked to him about his book, prophecies, history etc. We found we had mutual friends and acquaintances among the Santee people as well as similar life experiences on my husbands side. I found that my birthday was about 2 weeks before his, so we're both a couple of oldsters.

I have only read his first book, sad to say but I'm sure more information has been uncovered and updated in the last 25 years. What was interesting to us was at about the same time we met Chuck and discussed origins of our peoples in particular the Santee and where they came from before arriving on the shore of this continent, we met a Native woman from the West Coast (Chumash) who spoke of her tribes migration and arrival on this continent. Each spoke of where they say they were as a people before that. Each story matched but from opposite costs. We have talked to Elders from the "Americas", North, South and Central  all have similar stories. Back about that time we met and listened to a Mayan Elder speak his peoples creation story, it took 4 days. So many stories very similar going back so far.

What I'm curious about is that those of you that know Chuck and respect him, don't seem to prescribe to his universal findings. Just how far does We are all related go, in your views. I am a woman, born on my reservation in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan 74 years ago. Raised here until the Government moved me. Returned after a life away from here.

By the way, we have remnants of the "Sioux' moving through here many years ago. My younger sister married a man who's father was  a Standing Rock tribal member, he had married a woman from our tribe and stayed here. My people have been here a long time but we know there were others here long ago before us.

I see that Chuck Ross has spoken at the Star Knowledge conferences but I don't think he can be compared to the Zephiers. We have ran across Mr. Golden Eagle a time or two starting when he put up that sundance/carnival at Yankton a couple of decades ago. I don't know why people get involved with him.

My interest, at this time was only about the origination of tribes not about someone trying to prove their ancient ancestry.

Thank you.

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 11:24:21 pm »
cool.....he moved back and forth between there and denver frequently....recently he just moved back up there so you may run into him.....he poke a eulogy for my mother a a few months ago

a 2 years ago he held the sundance commemorating the return of pe 'sla

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 11:28:22 pm »
anyways....which other eastern siouan tribes have sketchy history?? the hawaila-saponi seem kinda legit.....but they do seem to tolerate alot of hobbyists

and before i go off on a hobbyist rant.....i think we all know that a hobbyist is just a step away from a fraudulent twinkie