Author Topic: Shamanic Planet  (Read 12467 times)

Offline jennywren

Shamanic Planet
« on: April 12, 2008, 05:44:01 pm »
Hi

I am in the UK, and have recently joined a group used to promote events of any mystical/pagan or alternative nature.

There have been a number of workshops advertised, but this one took my eye, and I thought you might be interested in making a few inquiries.

I have no connection with the group or person, but I do have an issue with people 'stealing' a false identity or heritage and using it to make money.  This person may well be genuine, but I thought you guys as experts might be able to verify this.  The link to the website is:

http://www.shamanicplanet.com/about.html

BB
Jenny Wren

Offline wolfhawaii

Re: Shamanic Planet
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 06:31:24 pm »
I only looked at the front page of the site, but i saw enough....The Cherokee band she claims to be of is not a recognized tribe, i am not even sure if it exists at all, maybe it is new (?!) I will look into this more as i am able, but I think it is safe to say that this woman is another example of why we do what we do. Rajneesh was a red dot Indian exploiter of the worst kind; when the cops in Oregon raided his ranch, they seized (seems like it was over a hundred) Cadillacs in his personal collection (going from memory alone, someone can check me if needed).
http://www.virginia.edu/uvatoday/newsRelease.php?id=1928
here is a link listing some more of these "Wind Clan" people; btw,Wind Clan is another name for Twister or longhair, just not used much. These folks are unlikely to know their clan if they have one.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 06:59:58 pm by wolfhawaii »

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 06:36:54 pm »
I did a quick research and from what I saw, I'd rather recommend to stay away from 'shamanic planet'. O'Sullivan's teacher is Eliana Harvey/Shamanka who in turn claims some of the worst frauds as her teachers.

http://www.healthypages.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=42367

24th May 2007, 05:25 PM            #1
seersha

Default Ceremonial Fire-Geronimo's Ashes
Hi I have just returned from a magical trip to the States. I had the great honour of being adopted by a Cherokee clan-The Wind Clan- Children of the First People. My full medicine name is now Swift Horse Blue Water Spirit Woman.

I was also given the great honour and responsiblilty to bring back some ashes from the ceremonial fire. You might ask why these are so special?

During the Clan Gathering there was a day of ceremony. At the begining of ceremony the Chief, Bluewolf Kicking Bear, poured some ashes from a vase into the newly lit ceremonial fire.
As he did this he told us that he'd been given these ashes by Talking Bird-clan medicine man-who'd been given them by Five Horses-another clan's medicine man who'd been given them by Rainbow Eagle-an Apache Chief-who'd been given them by a relative of Geronimo who said they came from Geronimo's last ceremonial fire before he died at the beginging of the 20th century.

Everytime a ceremonial fire is lit ashes from the previous fire are added, so these ashes have a direct link to Geronimo.On the evening of the ceremonies Talking Bird-who is an ordained minister of the Native American Church-gave me some ashes form the fire and requested that I bring them back to England and share them with those on the Path. He said it felt appropriate as it is the 400th anniversary of English settlers arriving in Virginia and it is a closing of the circle!

So I am inviting anyone who is interested to a Ceremonial Fire Gathering on sat 23rd June.

I have been given permission to run a women's tobacco ceremony too.
Is there anyone who is a pipe carrier who would like to do a Men's Pipe Ceremony?

I won't post my address but anyone who is interested I live in Kent and you can email me

According to info on her site, O'Suillivan cooperates with Shamanka:
http://www.shamanka.com/practitioner.htm

Here's the biographical info on Eliana Harvey, as copied from her site:

Eliana Harvey
Founder of ShamankaEliana Harvey
Eliana is known as a gifted Shamanka, Medicine Woman and Healer.  She is considered to be the leading teacher of women’s Shamanism and the recovering of the Feminine Principle.  She founded her training school twenty years ago, beginning with the Mystical Journey and followed by the Wise Woman workshops for six years.  The Shamanka School of Women’s Shamanism was established ten years ago.

Eliana has a Celtic inheritance, she was steeped in Celtic lore from childhood.  Her father was a noted pioneer of osteopathy in the UK, and was also a medical ‘psychic’, her mother was a healer and early Bach Flower practitioner.

The personal quest for Eliana began with Yoga which she has practiced and taught all her adult life.  Apart from her original training in Acupressure and Chinese Medicine, she is also an initiate of the Western Sufi Healing Order with Hazrat Inayat Khan.  However thirty years ago the Shamanic Path then became her major quest, beginning with Harley Swiftdeer of the Deer Tribe.  Brooke Medicine Eagle, the Crow Blackfoot Medicine Woman, gave her permission to pass on some of her ceremonies.  Her other significant teachers have been Arwen Dreamwalker, Victor Sanchez from the Toltec tradition, Marilyn Tunneshende, from the Castaneda and curendera path, and O’Shinnah the Cherokee crystal healing medicine woman.  Eliana was honoured by John Twobirds, a Native Elder medicine man, who initiated her as a ceremonial pipe carrier and sweat lodge leader.

More recently Eliana has explored the Inka Traditions where she found a number of teachers including Inti Cesar Malasquz and Dr Alberto Villoldo of the Four Winds Society.  She has found this Andean cosmology to be a deeply feminine way of life and spirit.

The teachers listed by Harvey read like a who-is-who of frauds: Harley Regan/Swiftdeer, Brooke Medicine Eagle, Arwen Dreamwalker, Victor Sanchez, Marilyn Tunneshende, Carlos Castaneda, O'Shinna Fast Wolf, Alberto Villoldo all got threads here at NAFPS.    

Here's the price tags of Shamanka:
http://www.shamanka.com/brochure.htm

I wish to apply for ………….place on the Shamanka Healing Training with Eliana Harvey. Dates and Details Here
I enclose a non- returnable deposit of £225*/ the full fee of £900 per person [delete as appropriate]
which I understand will be refunded if my application is not successful.
*[The remaining balance for Shamanka Healing is £675 which is due before the start of the first weekend of the course, see below for other possibilities in exceptional circumstances.]

I wish to apply for …………place on the Luminous Warrior with Eliana Harvey.
Dates and Details Here
I enclose a non returnable deposit of £150/ the full fee of £625 per person [delete as appropriate].

I wish to apply for …………place on the Way of the Shamanka with Eliana Harvey. Dates and Details Here
I enclose the full fee of £125.

I wish to apply for …………place on The Magical Woman with Eliana Harvey. Dates and Details Here
I enclose a non returnable deposit of £75 / the full fee of £225 f0r four days [delete as appropriate].

I wish to apply for …………place on the Windows of Light with Sue Corben. Dates and Details Here
I enclose a non returnable deposit of £75/the full fee of £125 for two days.

I wish to apply for ............place on the Munai Ki with Eliana Harvey. Dates and Details Here
I enclose the full fee of £175 for three days.

I wish to apply for............place on the Feathered Serpent with Eliana Harvey. Dates and Details Here
I enclose the full fee of £125 for two days.

On O'Sullivan's site, as well as on the Shamanka-site, a person by the name of Ken Littlefish Durrant/Durant is mentioned as a teacher of sweats:

http://www.geocities.com/dont_pay_to_pray/list.html
They list Ken(neth) Littlefish Durant aka Kanucas Littlefish for claiming to be an Anishnabe medicine man.

Offline bls926

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 03:23:18 am »
During the Clan Gathering there was a day of ceremony. At the begining of ceremony the Chief, Bluewolf Kicking Bear, poured some ashes from a vase into the newly lit ceremonial fire.
As he did this he told us that he'd been given these ashes by Talking Bird-clan medicine man-who'd been given them by Five Horses-another clan's medicine man who'd been given them by Rainbow Eagle-an Apache Chief-who'd been given them by a relative of Geronimo who said they came from Geronimo's last ceremonial fire before he died at the beginging of the 20th century.
Why would ashes from Geronimo's last ceremonial fire be important to a Cherokee? They wouldn't.

Offline wolfhawaii

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 08:28:33 am »
Why would ashes from Geronimo's last ceremonial fire be important to a Cherokee? They wouldn't.

Not unless it was from the fire Wes Studi used when he played Geronimo :)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 05:44:27 pm »
Ceremonial fire? Which kind of ceremony? The most common is during a girl's puberty rite, and then it sure wouldn't have been for Geronimo. I suppose he could've been taking part, but most of the responsibility for the whole ceremony would've been with female relatives of the girl. Some people would regard someone saving the ashes from a ceremony (esp if you weren't of the family and friends) as being part of witchcraft. And you sure wouldn't brag about it like it made you special.

Been trying to find this Wind Clan and not having much luck. Here's the only thing I could find. You can't make something up this strange.

WARNING: If you're offended by graphic nudity and sex acts don't click the link.

http://www.smutvibes.com/cute_gina
"Forest_Spirit says:
Hey sexy.In all honesty I am a master story teller of my
>>>>>wind clan cherokee ancestors and would love to talk to you and tell you some beautifull sexual stories while you bring sacred pleasure upon yourself.I know that sounds a wee bit dirty but I mean it in the most sacred sense.One Love"

The Shamanic Planet blog also mentions one of their gatherings. Removing voodoo curses and discovering your power animals...I think we can safely say they're not exactly traditional.

-------------------------------
http://www.shamanicplanet.com/blog1/
Wind Clan gathering in the States (Virginia, USA)
May 1st, 2007
I had quite a visit to the US these past 9 days. I’m still in the states, set to return tomorrow, and I find myself processing quite alot of information! I was invited to the gathering of the Wind Clan by Chief Bluewolf Kicking Bear about a month and a half ago. Never did I think (at the time) that I would actually come! And yet, here I am, having added to my life experience almost 10 days of very unique interactions, ceremonies, new relationships, shared love, gifts, insights…

The actual gathering took place near Crewe, Virginia - a small town in mid-virginia, located on the eastern coast of the United States…I arrived a few days early and was met at the Airport by River Two Horses.  He took me to the land where the Gathering was happening and introduced me to the ‘Family’.  I met Chief Bluewolf Kicking Bear-the Clan Chief. I stayed with Star Pony and Shadow Walker who welcomed me into their home with open arms and hearts.

People began arriving from all over the Country-smiling-glad to be ‘home’. We were immensely lucky when Little Tiger-Jan Seiden arrived on the Friday to entertain and thrill us with her amazing flute playing.  She took us with her music far away and called the rain and made us laugh when it fell so hard!

On Saturday morning the Heart Beat drum began to beat and a day of Ceremony started in the dawn light.  I felt so immensely honoured to be there….so lucky.  When my turn came to beat the drum it was almost impossible to do so as I couldn’t see for the tears falling from my eyes.  I was surrounded by love and the warmth of a family I didn’t know I had until a few weeks before.  It felt so right to be there. During one ceremony the Chief added to my  name -which was already Swift Horse- Blue Water Spirit Woman because I’d flown across the ocean to be there!

I was fortunate enough to spend some time with Talking Bird the Medicine Man and he shared with me stories of the Trail of Tears. On my part I  took many clan members on vision journeys to meet loved ones gone before, discover Power Animals and even remove a Voodoo curse!  The time passed so fast and before I knew it I was driving back to Washington DC to catch my flight home.

And here I am now finally finishing this post-back  in the UK- my heart full of joy and a little sadness too-happy to be back with my husband and sons and looking forward to next years Gathering!
------------------

This may be Chief Bluewolf.
http://family.webshots.com/photo/2023760480028874088MjnZjT

And other members.
http://family.webshots.com/album/547476730xAcUAM

The one calling himself Shadow Walker probably has the most "interesting" history. But it's very possible there is more than one person claiming to be a Cherokee leader calling himself by that name.

http://books.google.com/books?id=4xP5A4r9FBQC&pg=PA220&lpg=PA220&dq=cherokee+%22shadow+walker&source=web&ots=eYe-TPbxhB&sig=tU2qYerCcCd6YpSsZhFPJQB8Dz8&hl=en

Bluehawk Sander or Sanders was someone I remember from an older version of NAFPS, sometimes claiming to be Cherokee, sometimes Navajo, running a small cult called the Bird Clan for tyhe United Cherokee in Ohio whose members issued lots of violent threats when challenged. Claimed to be a Sundance leader and have "security" for his group who were ex SEALs and Army Rangers.

The Red Nation Inc bunch of frauds has a member going by that name. Again, we don't know if they're the same person.
http://www.rednation.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=232

There's also a Nuager's homepage who claims to know a Shadow Walker who is a "Cherokee shaman".
http://www.eaglespiritministry.com/teaching/ash/ash.htm

Also a flute maker.
http://www.whitebearflute.com/aboutus.html

And Wm Anderson's Amonsoquath Cherokee claim that a shadow walker is someone evil and deceptive. (Who else would know better?)
http://amonsoquathbandofcherokee.org/shadowwalker.html

Finally, found this account of a protest against Bluehawk Sanders Shadow Walker

----------------------------------

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/NATIVE-AMERICAN-NEWS/2002-08/1029124272

BrightStar9136@aol.com
Subject: [NATIVE-AMERICAN-NEWS] Blue Fraud protest report
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 23:51:19 EDT

----- Original Message ----- From: <A HREF="mailto:heavens_operator412@yahoo.com">heavens_operator412</A>
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2002 10:48 PM
Subject: [native_american_awearness] Blue Fraud protest report

August 11, 2002

Friends,

Yesterday and today we protested the fraud perpetuated by a man going
by "Chief Bluehawks Shadow Walker Sander" and tried to educate his
workshop attendees about him. Yesterday's protest at the Amethyst
Book Store location (11916 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45249;
513-677-0220; <A HREF="mailto:amethystbooks@msn.com">amethystbooks@msn.com</A> amethystbooks @ msn.com ) was
uneventful other than the owners of the store coming out to speak
with us. One owner invited us into the workshop for free, as if the
fee was the only objection, but we would not waste our time to listen
to the fraud giving fraudulent lessons on Native spirituality.

(PLEASE NOTE: The week before both protests, we informed the city
police and checked with them to ensure that we would not be on
private property.)

Today, we protested at the Holiday Inn (3855 Hauck Rd, Cincinnati, OH
45241 513-563-8330 fax: 513-563-9679). While several people stopped
and asked us what we were protesting and took the letter and brochure
from us, the protest was generally uneventful until two employees
from Holiday Inn approached us and told us that they had received
complaints about us and that, because we were on private property, we
had to move.

We tried to explain that we had checked with the police prior to
going and that---- but we were interrupted and told to move again.

We moved.

And then we called our contact with the Sharonville police department
and told him what had happened.

He came to the Holiday Inn and spoke with the employees who had told
us to move. In fact, as soon as he pulled in and got out to talk
with us, they came out of the hotel, indicating that they had been
watching.

The police officer informed them that we were legal and within our
rights to stand where we had been standing, as that was the public
right of way and we were not interfering with the flow of traffic.
In essence, we had been harassed, and used the police to deal with
our harassers.

We moved back to our original location.

Finally, a young woman pulled into the parking lot, got out of the
car and asked us about what we were protesting. When we told her,
she became upset about being taken in by the fraud and asked us if we
had gotten the man's flyers and information that were inside the
hotel. She offered to go in and get them for us.

Two of the protestors followed shortly after she went in and together
they gathered the information that is attached. This information is
enough to dispel any doubts about the fraudulent "Native American
spirituality" being peddled by this man and any doubts about who he
is (not). The two protestors left our plastic shaman brochure and a
letter from the Policy Analyst for the Cherokee Nation in Oklahoma on
his table.

As we left, we also placed these two documents on his car, something
we were prevented from doing yesterday. He has now been put on
notice that the Native American community and its supporters know of
him and the fraud he is perpetuating.

Please distribute the attached information as widely as possible so
that others are aware of this fraud.

NOTE: The contact information for Amethyst Book Store and Holiday
Inn is purposefully included. Please send them a polite and
educating note about why we protested the man and his workshops (not
necessarily the business itself). Send us a copy of all
correspondence. There is no e-mail available for Holiday Inn, but
there is a fax number. Snail mail works well, too.

To contact the fraud himself and educate him about how the Native
community and supporters feel about his exploitation of Native
spirituality as New Age mishmash and to ask him to stop: Dr.
L.M. "Bluehawks" Sander, P.O. Box 122, Mossville, IL 61552, phone:
309-579-8202, e-mail: bluehawks48@hotmail.com

(We do not know where the "Dr." comes in!)

Again, please send a copy of any and all correspondence to us at
aimsupport@earthlink.net aimsupport @ earthlink.net

===================

PROTEST OF FRAUDULENT TEACHINGS AND RELIGIOUS AND CULTURAL GENOCIDE

When: August 10, 2002, 8:00 a.m. and August 11, 1:30 p.m.

Where: Amethyst Books and Gifts, 11916 Montgomery Road, Symmes
Township, Exit #19 off I-71

And Holiday Inn, Exit #46, Mason Sharonville, off I-275
West

PURPOSE: To protest and refute the fraudulent claims of a man who
calls himself "Chief BlueHawks Sanders, Chief of the United Cherokee
of Ohio of the Bird Clan for the State of Illinois." This man is a
fraud and is performing a "workshop" called "Native Earth
Spirituality." Sanders is charging a fee of $60-70 for teaching so-
called Native American spiritual lessons.

The "United Cherokee of Ohio" is not a legitimate tribe or band. The
title of "Chief" is meaningless in this context.

It is our desire to educate people about the fraud perpetuated by
Sanders to prevent innocent persons from being defrauded of time,
money, and emotional involvement.

"Cherokee medicine people and spiritual leaders are known to the
Cherokee people and do not practice medicine for a fee nor
sell 'shamanic' lessons to any one," writes Dr. Richard Allen, Policy
Analyst for the Cherokee Nation. "They do not advertise their
services through any form of media.. Traditional Cherokee healers
and spiritual leaders provide their services to the Cherokee
people.. Our traditional Cherokee healers and spiritual leaders are
humble people and would not present themselves as such nor 'hang out
a shingle' so to speak.. It is the recognition of the Cherokee people
that validates that these persons as medicine people and healers, not
self-proclamation."

Sanders capitalizes on American Indian spirituality by selling
lessons to non-Indians. Sanders sells a mishmash of so-called Native
American spirituality. As Dr. Allen wrote, "Cherokee medicine
people . certainly would not mix their spirituality or medicine with
that of other nations. Cherokee medicine and spiritual practices do
not include tarot cards, palmistry, psychic readings or sweatlodge
ceremonies. One may assume that anyone claiming to be a
Cherokee "shaman, spiritual healer, or pipe-carrier" is equivalent to
a modern day medicine show and snake-oil vendor."

An American Indian medicine person would not offer to "teach" non-
Indian people about Native spirituality in a lecture/seminar/workshop
nor charge money for conducting a traditional ceremony. Native
American spirituality is not for sale.

=======================

----- Original Message -----
To: amethystbooks@msn.com
Cc: aimsupport@earthlink.net
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 12:25 PM
Subject: Native Earth Spirituality Workshop

Tracey Salzl and Phyllis C. Hurley, Owners Amethyst Books:

You are hosting the following workshop as advertised:

Native Earth Spirituallity Workshop Chief BlueHawks Sander - Chief of
the United Cherokee of Ohio of the Bird Clan for the State of
Illinois is offering a seminar of uplifting words and knowledge on
the indigenous path. He has degrees in Metaphysics, Parapsychology,
Theology and Hypnotherapy. Chief BlueHawks teachings include a
variety of ancient ways, visualization techniques and knowing who we
were in a past life. He offers ways to help you achieve inner peace.
This workshop will teach you how to communicate with the earth and
things of the earth, how to maintain proper balance, knowing your
animal and spirit guides, how to journey and seek a vision, and how
to find a teacher.

I am informing you that there are just three legitimate Cherokee
entities in the United States recognized by the federal government
through a government to government relationship based on treaties,
legislative acts and executive orders of the President. These three
Cherokee entities and elected leaders are:

Chad Smith, Principal Chief, Cherokee Nation, P.O. Box 948,
Tahlequah, Oklahoma 74465

Dallas Proctor, Principal Chief, United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee
Indians, P.O. Box 189, Park Hill, Oklahoma 76451

Leon Jones, Principal Chief, Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians, P.O.
Box 455, Cherokee, North Carolina 28719

Each of these three legitimate Cherokee tribal governments have a
well-documented history and recognize each other as relatives. There
is no legitimate Cherokee entity such as advertized above as the
United Cherokee of Ohio and certainly no Cherokee Bird Clan in the
state of Illinois. A Cherokee medicine person would not consider
selling our spirituality in the form of teachings to non-Indian
people.

To authenticate my email, you may visit our website at:
<A HREF="http://www.cherokee.org/">http://www.cherokee.org/</A>;

Sincerely,

Dr. Richard L. Allen, Policy Analyst

Cherokee Nation

Offline Kevin

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 04:29:53 pm »
"..Chief BlueHawks Sander - Chief of
the United Cherokee of Ohio of the Bird Clan for the State of
Illinois is offering a seminar of uplifting words and knowledge on
the indigenous path."  -  now that would make a good skit title for a Saturday Night Live comedy routine, I don't know why they don't parody some of these quacks.

I just sent an email to Sat. Night Live requesting they do a parody on these buffoons - ya' never know what will happen, it could be  good if they were to do one
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 04:48:35 pm by Kevin »