Author Topic: Wakiyan Ka Wakizi "Thunder Lance"  (Read 19320 times)

Offline bls926

Re: Wakiyan Ka Wakizi "Thunder Lance"
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 05:04:45 am »
One more thread from the Woodland Indians Forum

WAKIYAN KA WAKIZI, "Thunder Lance"
http://woodlandindians.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6962

This is a discussion about Wakiyan Ka Wakizi. Hoping that someone here may see something we might have overlooked. Also, please help get the word out about this organization. He claims to be writing grants for Native American projects. That's questionable. I would hate to see anyone give money to this group.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 03:23:18 pm »
Reposting what you said on Woodlands because it's probably the most important information I've seen about them.

-------------------------

bls926
Administrator

Posts: 9446 Re: WAKIYAN KA WAKIZI, "Thunder Lance"Quoted from Animals and Anomalies, Prophecy and Miracles, pg 16

wakiyankawakizi wrote:
Who is supporting me?
David Swallow Jr. I am writting grants to start a Native American run Youth summer camp for the children that where dislocated by the big land grab in the late 70's.
Gary Is on our board representing the Lakota people. Mary Johnson is my friend also!
Nyla, Davids wife and his whole family they call me Uncle!
All of Davids Sun Dancers.
Beu Littlesky is also very close friend and his whole family.
The list is too long to share! 

So why do you NEED to know this stuff??? It really is none of your business!!!

I work behind the scenes as a grant writter for many people. I support many people!

Bls: I spoke with David Swallow this morning. He does not support wakiyankawakizi. He told me that he knows Robert Steck, but is not involved with anything he is doing in Pennsylvania. Swallow confirmed that Steck had stayed with them during the summer of 2008, while his truck was being worked on, after Hawk had returned home. While in Pine Ridge, Steck taught some of the youth wilderness survival skills. That's the extent of it. Said that Steck has stayed in contact with him, calls a couple times a month; but he was not aware of any organization or program Steck had started. I let Swallow know about the Thunder Lance website, as well as the things Steck had posted on Woodland.

wakiyankawakizi wrote:
bls926 wrote

You know, it's sad that we understand that sundance is sacred and it isn't even our culture. Robert, you've been out to Pine Ridge, participated in the Medicine Wheel Sundance; but here you are, talking about it on the internet. Arvol Looking Horse is right. Whites should not be allowed to participate in ceremony, especially this one. I have Lakota and Dakota friends that would have your head for what you've done.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I have the backing of the Lakota people!!!! My mission is that I write grants to help the people. ProBonno!!!!We are raising money right now to bring Arvol to SW Pa. i will hand him my head if he so wants it!!!

Bls: Robert Steck/wakiyankawakizi does not have the backing of the Lakota people. Arvol Looking Horse is not planning to come to Pennsylvania. This was confirmed by Paula via e-mail on Friday.

Steck has been proven to be a liar, lying not only to us but to the people in South Dakota. Apparently thinking he could cause more problems for Hawk, Steck called out there Friday and said that Hawk was saying that Arvol Looking Horse was coming to Nemacolin. First tried to say that it was posted on the Buffalo Messengers website, then recanted and said Hawk was telling everyone. Arvol, Paula, and others out there now know the truth.

Offline flyaway

• "Your mind is your strongest weapon"
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 08:43:30 pm »
I did email Trey Mathen manger of Woodland Resorts, they are the one with the Buffalo and the "Thunder Lance" group is using this on their site. There is also a woodland indian forum that this group warns against posting on.

This is a new group, started early this year. I could not see where they are charging, BUT it is only a matter of time. This man does not claim to be NDN but is going to teach etc.???? I hope the links work and please forgive my spelling.

"wykinyan posted bs on here"
http://woodlandindians.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6953

http://wakiyankawakizi.org/Up_Coming_Events.html

http://wakiyankawakizi.org/Board_of_Directors.html

http://photos.wakiyankawakizi.org/GalleryFilmstrip.aspx?gallery=261793

I fixed the links, flyaway.

Yes, Steck did post BS on the Woodland Indians Forum, more than anyone knows. He made several inappropriate posts that had to be deleted. He gave details about the 2008 Medicine Wheel Sundance. Several of us tried to tell him that he shouldn't talk about sundance on the internet; he continued to post. He gave details about a healing sweat lodge. Again we told him the internet was not the place to discuss these things. He posted a personal e-mail, including full names, e-mail addresses, home addresses, and phone numbers, without the person's consent. This wasn't someone who was being accused of fraud or exploitation; it was a private individual who had every expectation of privacy. The e-mail was deleted. These are the reasons Steck feels that we are angry, hateful, racists who discriminated against him. He has his statement about the Woodland Forum on his website. Flyaway gave the link.

Anyone wanting to read what actually happened, in painful detail, can check out the Woodland Indians Forum.

Animals and Anomalies, Prophecy and Miracles (starting w/ post #340)
http://woodlandindians.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3019&p=14

Are Sweat Lodges Safe?
http://woodlandindians.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6953

Been off forum for a while, thanks bls for fixing this, yes I read his BS on the woodlandindian forum.
Walk with the Sun; Dance with the Moon; Sing with the Stars; But always...Run with the Wind. -
Snow Owl, Nevada. December 8, 2001

Offline bls926

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 06:21:37 am »
Below is my 11/8/09 post, as it appears on Woodland Indians Forum. It may be easier to see exactly what I said and what Robert Steck (wakiyankawakizi) said this way.

Quoted from Animals and Anomalies, Prophecy and Miracles, pg 16

Quote from: wakiyankawakizi
Who is supporting me?
David Swallow Jr. I am writting grants to start a Native American run Youth summer camp for the children that where dislocated by the big land grab in the late 70's.
Gary Is on our board representing the Lakota people. Mary Johnson is my friend also!
Nyla, Davids wife and his whole family they call me Uncle!
All of Davids Sun Dancers.
Beu Littlesky is also very close friend and his whole family.
The list is too long to share! 

So why do you NEED to know this stuff??? It really is none of your business!!!

I work behind the scenes as a grant writter for many people. I support many people!
I spoke with David Swallow this morning. He does not support wakiyankawakizi. He told me that he knows Robert Steck, but is not involved with anything he is doing in Pennsylvania. Swallow confirmed that Steck had stayed with them during the summer of 2008, while his truck was being worked on, after Hawk had returned home. While in Pine Ridge, Steck taught some of the youth wilderness survival skills. That's the extent of it. Said that Steck has stayed in contact with him, calls a couple times a month; but he was not aware of any organization or program Steck had started. I let Swallow know about the Thunder Lance website, as well as the things Steck had posted on Woodland.

Quote from: wakiyankawakizi
bls926 wrote

You know, it's sad that we understand that sundance is sacred and it isn't even our culture. Robert, you've been out to Pine Ridge, participated in the Medicine Wheel Sundance; but here you are, talking about it on the internet. Arvol Looking Horse is right. Whites should not be allowed to participate in ceremony, especially this one. I have Lakota and Dakota friends that would have your head for what you've done.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I have the backing of the Lakota people!!!! My mission is that I write grants to help the people. ProBonno!!!!We are raising money right now to bring Arvol to SW Pa. i will hand him my head if he so wants it!!!
Robert Steck/wakiyankawakizi does not have the backing of the Lakota people. Arvol Looking Horse is not planning to come to Pennsylvania. This was confirmed by Paula via e-mail on Friday.

Steck has been proven to be a liar, lying not only to us but to the people in South Dakota. Apparently thinking he could cause more problems for Hawk, Steck called out there Friday and said that Hawk was saying that Arvol Looking Horse was coming to Nemacolin. First tried to say that it was posted on the Buffalo Messengers website, then recanted and said Hawk was telling everyone. Arvol, Paula, and others out there now know the truth.

I spoke with Duane Martin, Strong Heart Warriors Society, this evening. He and Mary Johnson are in Pennsylvania. He is now aware of what Robert Steck is doing.

I don't think Steck realizes how small Indian Country really is. Guess he thought he could tell us whatever he wanted and we'd believe it. Say whatever he wanted and get away with it. Probably didn't think I'd get on the phone or write to people I know in South Dakota.

Offline bls926

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 06:35:47 am »
Yes, it didn't take long for most of us to put Wakiyan Ka Wakizi in the fraud category. After talking with several people in South Dakota, I was definitely convinced. I was really interested to know what y'all thought. Was wanting to see if there was additional information about this group, something we may have overlooked or something someone may have heard or experienced first-hand. Would still appreciate input.

They are not a 501c3, even though they claim to be on their website. The public should be cautioned about donating money to or promoting this organization.

Offline hawkgoodfire

• Buffalo Messengers
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 10:08:17 pm »
insanity personified just called...again. According to his latest rant, he and BLS have been working together for weeks now. Now "they have me". Oh joy, I am so looking forward to this next round of bull. This is a thread about this wacko. This is the stuff this wacko does. According to him, he is "the savior of the indian people" here in Pa. I submit...not.

Offline bls926

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 01:08:38 am »
insanity personified just called...again. According to his latest rant, he and BLS have been working together for weeks now. Now "they have me". Oh joy, I am so looking forward to this next round of bull. This is a thread about this wacko. This is the stuff this wacko does. According to him, he is "the savior of the indian people" here in Pa. I submit...not.

Steck and BLS "have been working together for weeks"?? He must mean some other BLS cause this one sure as hell hasn't been working with him. Does anything in this thread or the one over on Woodland look like I've been working with Steck? Not by a long shot. I work to expose frauds; I don't work with them.

Offline hawkgoodfire

• Buffalo Messengers
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 04:00:00 am »

Steck and BLS "have been working together for weeks"?? He must mean some other BLS cause this one sure as hell hasn't been working with him. Does anything in this thread or the one over on Woodland look like I've been working with Steck? Not by a long shot. I work to expose frauds; I don't work with them.

No doubt. Just a heads up as to what our favorite looney tune is up to now.