NAFPS Archives > Archive No. 1

NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN: British who once did "Native American teaching"

<< < (3/3)

educatedindian:
Moving the thread. I should also post my responses to Massey. Two emails.

-------------------

Hello,
I don't believe we've ever had someone who had done harmful acts come forward and apologize.
I do see that the false versions of ceremonies you once did are no longer on your site. I commend you for your honesty and ethics.
I strongly encourage you to come to the forum and make these statements yourself. However, if you are unwilling, may I repost your email below? [Note that email was posted above.]
I'd also appreciate you telling us about your experience with the frauds like Rutherford you trained under. What made you think they were authentic?

-------------------

Hello,
Looking over your materials, what you offered claimed to be a medicine wheel ceremony. Technically this is not a Native ceremony, but a Nuage ceremony widely falsely claimed to be Native. Medicine wheels are simply calendars used by a few tribes, but a notorious fraud named Charles Storm AKA Hyemheyosts spread a number of false ideas about them.

Just so you realize ,Storm was a German-American who falsely claimed to be Cheyenne. He was denounced by the Cheyenne nation and his publisher apologized, relabeled the book as fiction, and paid reparations to the tribe. Storm himself, according to a member of his inner circle who contacted me, formed a cult and abused a number of the children of the cult members before disappearing, current whereabouts unknown.

Incidentally, your wife still has some compliments about fraud Leo Rutherford on her site, and indicates she is still in frequent contact with him.

What Rutherford does is not only offensive, it's extremely dangerous to those gullible enough to fall for him. He offers swealodges when he definitely is not trained in how to do them. It is quite easy to burn or scald someone in a sweatlodge, and this frequently happens in Nuage or "shamanism" imitations of the ceremony. Sometimes people die in false versions of sweatlodges, as just happened recently at Sedona.

Rutherford also offers ayahuasca ceremony for profit. Again, in addition to being offensive, this is dangerous. Outsiders don't know how to properly mix the drug, and it is only supposed to be taken by the most mentally stable practitioners, not by the curious, thrill seekers, and certainly not for tourists. Both physical and psychological damage can result.

If you go to the thread, you will see that we in NAFPS are in agreement that your thread should be moved out of Frauds. We don't delete threads. We will place your thread in Archives and mark it No Longer a Matter of Concern.

There are other comments there you may wish to read, advice and concern. And your phone number was posted. That was an oversight and will be deleted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version