Author Topic: New in Ohio  (Read 3394 times)

Offline bigAl

New in Ohio
« on: April 08, 2007, 10:50:14 pm »
Hi everyone.

I just wanted to post my first message here.  Some forums require an introductory post, so this is mine.

I am a white-skinned guy with an interest in many things, including history.  I do have some North American Native blood, but my connection with any of the culture surrounding my great-grandmother was lost when she was removed from her family.  I can not say any more about that other than I would like to know more about her.  Albeit, I would like to know more about most of my relatives.  My studies of the past seem to indicate that the history of the Americas is not what is typically taught in schools.  I feel that the representation of native cultures in the educational systems and media has been mostly biased and, at times, untruthful. 

I am glad to see some discussion exists about understanding the cultures that were here in the Americas prior to European and Christian influences.  I am interested in learning more about some of the topics that are posted in here.  In particular, I am checking out efforts that are being made to support teachings and preserve cultures.

Offline Mo

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: New in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 12:42:34 pm »
welcome. you have come to a good place for your search and will avoid many frauds who only perpetuate the myths and lies. hope you find what you seek.