Author Topic: Shane Knox AKA Shadowhawk (was Shaman developing a modern edge)  (Read 46910 times)

Offline shadowhawk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Shaman: developing a modern edge
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2005, 05:21:33 am »

Offline shadowhawk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2005, 05:21:39 am »

Offline shadowhawk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2005, 05:21:58 am »

Offline shadowhawk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2005, 05:22:23 am »

Offline shadowhawk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2005, 05:23:16 am »

Offline shadowhawk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2005, 05:23:26 am »

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2005, 11:21:06 am »
http://www.shamanshadow.com

(Seven times)

What did you hope to achieve by that, Shane? Your website and phone number are at the beginning of this discussion. I'm sure future readers of this thread will form the appropriate opinion of your behaviour.

Moderators: can we move this thread to the 'Frauds' section?

Offline JosephSWM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2005, 11:49:02 am »
It would seem to me that we are being used here for whatever the reason, the motivation.  Who knows how many people Mr.Knox has refered to this site. This thread has been viewed 394 times. A bit excessive I would think.

Shadow

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2005, 02:37:05 pm »
i didn't go to nafps to read anyone. i have yet to perform a reading for anyone in that hate group, nor will i. i went there because i was informed that i had been posted on this site without having been contacted by the organization first. once i arrived at the site i found some of my copyrighted information posted without my permission, as well as, unfounded attacks and criticizms. why would one need to read a group of people when their malicious intent in so obvious? nafps did not contact me in anyway. their "sandbagging" techniques speak for themselves as they obviously lack the maturity to contact me directly.

this is an indication of just how noble their cause is here.  any group with integrity would have contacted me first.  this group however did not do that.  they broke the law by posting copyrighted materials and spoke out against me without ever having researched me or my activities.  they have now taken their attacks to my personal website and have even attempted to contact some of my clients and "tribe" members.  again, never having put that same effort into contacting me first.  

take a long look at what these people say, then go to my site.  you will find a marked difference.  i welcome all paths to spirit.  i do not require that others meet my personal criteria, as these individuals would attempt to do.  

the simple truth is that i am recieving many hits each day from this site to mine and the response has been overwhelmingly favorable.  although i don't like the tactics exhibited here i suppose i should be thankful for the exposure.  

shadowhawk

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2005, 03:29:54 pm »
Joseph could be right. Shane Knox could be simply trying to use this to rake in more cash, more gullible marks for his fraud business.

Another possibility is that we landed in the middle of a "witch war", a dispute between factions in their local pagan community. It does seem like a local pagan has been reposting items from NAFPS to Shadowfraud's site.

You must've done something to tick off your fellow Springfield pagans, Knox.

Or you could be spamming your own site to try and make yourself look like a martyr and drum up some more cash and support and entice more of the gullible into your pseudo-tribe/cult.

Plus Knox has been caught in a pretty flagrant lie. I wrote to him after he first came to this site.

Knox, your knowledge of copyright law is almost as pitiful as your claim to be a shame-on. We and anyone else can quote from your site freely under the Fair Use laws, and there's nothing you can do about it.

And we can talk about you whenever and however we please.

I'll be talking to our admin about moving this thread to Frauds. Knox may have started off as a victim, but he resembles a cult leader more than anything now, doing everything he can to control every aspect of his cult's thoughts and actions.

Offline shadowhawk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2005, 04:06:33 pm »
well, that tells me what i needed to know.  thank you.  i had suspected that it was a "witch war" as you have so aptly put it.  i think i know the source of it all on a local level.  

thanks for helping me to track it all down.  that was my only real intention here.  

shadowhawk

Offline shadowhawk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2005, 04:38:47 pm »
i find it hard to imagine that i had to go to such lengths to find out how all this happened.  i had suspected a local witch of being the source of the complaints about me.  ironically, she is put out with me because i refuse to work with her because she lacks integrity and a true sense of spirituality.

had you all approached this differently you would have found that i agree with you.  by your criteria i am not a medicine man or shaman. however, you must realize that your criteria is not the only one that exists.  

i am recognized by my "modern day tribe", as defined by my website.  the pipe i carry was given to me by a lakota.  if that was not his right then your issue would be with him.  i do not claim that it is one of the "official sacred pipes".  i do however stand by the fact that it is sacred to me.  i came by my path honestly.  when i was fourteen i did not ask for credentials from barb.  i took her at her word. at that point in my life it would have been disrespectful to do otherwise.  i have dedicated my life to my work and my spiritual path.  i never claim to be a native american, nor do i offer native american traditional rituals or practices.  i offer the traditions that i have established and that were handed down to me by those that have taught and helped me on my personal journey.  

what i practice is drawn from many cultures and religions and i do this because it is the burden that spirit has placed on me.  

if you had taken the time to ask the reporter that wrote the article about me you would have found out that i made it quite clear that i was recognized by no official tribe or native organization and that they would find what i do to be unacceptable.  not being native american i am not bound by native american standards or authority.  

what i do is no reflection of any one people, nor is it a claim to have sacred knowledge from any tribe, save my the one of my own creation in this modern age.  

it saddens me that i have had to resort to such tactics to find out what is really going on here.  the local faction that is upset with me will be addressed.  as for the rest, i hope that you will see the truth, which is that this entire situation has gotten blown way out of proportion.  

i do not need to "rake in the cash" from this site.  i have read for people for twenty-five years and have no fear of that stopping.  it is because of my gift that i do this work.  i defy you to find anyone that has ever been turned away due to money.  just as i defy you to find anyone that will validate that i have done any of the things you claim i have done that take away from true native americans in any way.  i claim no tradition, save my own.  i claim no identity save that which has been given to me by my family, friends, clients and "tribe".  

i will continue to do my work.  i will continue to walk my path.  it is my hope that we can all find some sense of common ground instead of perpetuating the negativity that is stemming from one troubled witch.

shadowhawk

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2005, 05:14:42 pm »
when i was fourteen i did not ask for credentials from barb.  i took her at her word. at that point in my life it would have been disrespectful to do otherwise.

You are no longer fourteen. Grow up.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2005, 11:40:20 pm »
Knox, either your short term memory is terrible, or you just don't bother to read before you keep exploding in anger half-cocked.

Because one of the first posts in this thread is me posting my letter to the Religion Editor of the Springfield paper. Unlike you, I do my research, and I take great care to know what I'm talking and consider carefully what to do.

Like Barnaby said, you don't seem to have matured at all since you were 14. You don't have the maturity to drive, much less be a guide to anyone on their spiritual path. You live in your la la fantasyland where white suburbanites can call themselves a "tribe" and not expect to get laughed at.

A lot of this debate has turned on what to call yourself. You say you're not Native?

Fine. Quit using Native cultures (or the Faux version of them you keep falling for) to give legitimacy to what you do and claim.

It's simple. Strike all claims of having learned from Natives or Native culture on your site and call yourself what you are: A Pagan, one influenced by the Pseudo-Shamanism movement, which is itself made up of disrespectful frauds like Michael Harner. (Harner is a pariah to both Natives and among his former profession of anthropology, in case you didn't know.)

For your own good as well as those of your own pseudo-tribe, why not learn from ACCURATE and respectful sources? Most of the whites at NAFPS are either pagans themselves or former Nuagers who learned the hard way. And they'd be first to tell you it's better to know the truth than to live a lie.

THEY are the ones who've debated you most often and most vigorously in case you hadn't noticed.

If you want common ground, to me seeking out the truth should be that common ground.

Why not find out the TRUTH about "Barb"? Call up the Lumbee tribe, or take Joseph up on his offer and and get in touch with the many Lumbee he knows.

Why not find out the TRUTH about your ALLEGED Lakota who gave you the pipe? I suspect that like "Barb", he's not who he claims to be.

You're right, I do have far more of a beef with this alleged Lakota who deceived you. And I'm interested in knowing more about him.

I also hope you'll consider reading accurate and respectful sources on your REAL heritage, which you said was Cherokee. To me, THAT is your real tribe, and you should honor your ancestors by learning about them.

Offline JosephSWM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2005, 09:07:14 pm »
I think the last count is 565 views for this thread. That's ridiculous. Mr. Knox is using this forum and I agree with Al that this should be moved to frauds now. Then maybe Mr. Knox will be quiet.

I have kept my comments to a minimum on this thread. It seems like everytime he says something someone feels the need to respond to him and that in turn gives him the opportunity to continue to try to back out of the situation by making up more stories.

For Mr. Knox's information, check the little box at the bottom of a posting page that says to notify you by e-mail if there are replies. That way one does not have to keep looking to see if there is something new all day long.