General > Frauds

Robert Russell Cayc Jones AKA Sidian Jones AKA Morning Star

<< < (12/12)

Sparks:

--- Quote from: verity on July 19, 2021, 02:00:45 am ---Sidian Jones runs this https://www.facebook.com/VoiceOfRollingThunder

--- Quote ---Official page for Rolling Thunder, managed by his grandson Sidian Jones. RT was an inter-tribal medicine man/shaman/teacher. Order the book today
--- End quote ---

The second book he wrote with Stanley Krippner is "The Shamanic Powers of Rolling Thunder: As Experienced by Alberto Villoldo, John Perry Barlow, Larry Dossey, and Others:.

I've looked over a sample. Sidian Jones is determined to portray his grandfather as a medicine man and a charismatic miracle worker.
--- End quote ---

(My boldings above.) By now Rolling Thunder has been mentioned 40 times in this thread (including quotes).

The two latest topics on the mentioned Facebook page criticises two of the sources of this Wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_Thunder_(person) [Recently linked to (but not commented or quoted) by Mooseman,]

--- Quote ---Rolling Thunder (birth name: John Walter Pope, 1916–1997) was a hippie spiritual leader who self-identified as a Native American medicine man. He was raised in Oklahoma and later moved to Nevada.[3][better source needed] He has been considered an example of a plastic medicine man.
[…]
Controversy
Rolling Thunder's given name was John Pope, not Rolling Thunder.[4] Rolling Thunder appears in taped interviews with John Trudell and Michael Chosa in which he describes the contemporary treatment of Native Americans.[5] At times he claimed to be part Cherokee,[4] at other times Hopi, and at other times Shoshone and that he could represent the Western Shoshone Nation.[6] He never provided proof of any Native heritage, nor have any Native people claimed him. He has been cited as an example of a plastic medicine man.[7][8][9] Rolling Thunder is mentioned in a number of books on the New Age, 60's counterculture, cultural appropriation, cultural imperialism, and neoshamanism.[10][11]
--- End quote ---

Sparks:

--- Quote from: Mooseman on July 20, 2021, 01:23:22 am ---I joined the Facebook page for this site and I can’t see all the comments so I’m guessing some of the accounts I have blocked so I’m  thinking it is Sidiot or his followers making comments in that group also.
--- End quote ---

My bolding. What’s the URL for the Facebook Page (?) or Group you are referring to here?

Mooseman:
I’m confused as to why you didn’t ask this question on the forum?

You have just been sent a personal message by Sparks on NAFPS Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

I noticed you were active today reading your messages. I hope you will reply to my question four months ago. I want to learn more mostly because I have friends who believe ”Rolling Thunder” was an authentic ”shaman":

Quote from: Sparks on July 21, 2021, 03:02:14 am

Quote from: Mooseman on July 20, 2021, 02:23:22 am

Sparks:

--- Quote from: Mooseman on November 20, 2021, 08:13:14 pm ---I’m confused as to why you didn’t ask this question on the forum?
--- End quote ---

I did ask the question here in the NAFPS forum, this thread, four months ago.

Now you are quoting my recent PM, which points to this thread. That makes me confused!

Mooseman:
If you have friends that think he is a shaman I would suggest pointing them here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version