Author Topic: Eileen Nauman AKA Ai Gvhdi Wa AKA Lindsay McKenna  (Read 13155 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Eileen Nauman AKA Ai Gvhdi Wa AKA Lindsay McKenna
« on: September 03, 2012, 01:26:14 pm »
Mentioned here before.
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3516.0
This is the daugher of the Gents, mentioned in the other thread, though there's some confused claims about Cherokee heritage. G Gent claims to have a father who was one quarter Cherokee, and yet so does Nauman.

Nauman wears three hats, one of astrologer learned from her mother, one as supposed Cherokee traditionalist, and finally as McKenna, Harlequin romance novelist. In spite of her grand claims of 15 million books sold, I only see two romance novels currently sold at amazon, the most recent 20 years old. Mostly she's a Nuage astrologer.

http://www.medicinegarden.com/category/astrology/medical-astrology/   med atrology blog

--------
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/eileen-nauman/18/a94/437

Professional writer since 1980. Have written books for Berkley (Second Chance at Love), Simon & Schuster (Silhouette books), Avon Publishing and presently, Harlequin Books. I write for series (Silhouette Nocturne, Silhouette Romantic Suspense) and mainstream novels for HQN, all part of the umbrella of this publishing house. I am a USA Today Bestselling Author. I have over 15 million books sold and have had foreign editions in twelve different countries of the world. I also write non-fiction and have four books on Homeopathy published, one book on Medical Astrology, and one book on shamanism (Soul Recovery and Extraction/Blue Turtle Publishing) and one book on metaphysics, Path of the Mystic (Light Technology Publishing). I continue to write blogs on things that interest me.

Specialties
lecturer on topics of medical astrology, homeopathy, writing and shamanism around the world.

Experience
Doctor of Homeopathic Medicine
Self-Employed, alternative medicine

1985 – Present (27 years)
I studied homeopath at the National Center for Homeopathy (USA) beginning in 1985. I then garnered a DHM from the United Kingdom and am license to practice homeopathy in the UK. I taught at the The American Medical College of Homeopathy for two years in 1998, Phoenix, Arizona. I have written four books on Homeopathy and many articles and blogs.

writer
Harlequin Books
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Publishing industry
1973 – Present (39 years)
Write under the pseudonym of Lindsay McKenna. Write for Silhouette Nocturne, Silhouette Romantic Suspense and HQN (mass market) presently.

medical astrologer
Medical Astrologer
1970 – Present (42 years)
I was taught astrology by my mother, Ruth Gent, beginning at age 9. I became a professional astrologer in 1965. In 1970 I switched to medical astrology, where I have remained to the present. I've written a book, MEDICAL ASTROLOGY, Blue Turtle Publishing, that has continued from 1980 to the present to be distributed around the world. I continue to lecture around the globe on this topic. I have taught astrologers about this branch of our science. I have a weekly blog on this topic as well. http://medicalastrologybyeileennauman.blogspot.com

Homeopath
1970 – 2011 (41 years)
Author
Harlequin Books
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Publishing industry
1983 – 2010 (27 years)

Teacher
Soul Recovery and Extraction/shamanism technique
1990 – 2007 (17 years)

writer
Avon Publishing Company
Public Company; 11-50 employees; Publishing industry
January 1986 – December 1987 (2 years)
writer at Silhouette, a subsidiary of S & S Simon & Schuster Publishing Company
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Publishing industry 1983 – 1984 (1 year)
writer Berkley Publishing/Second Chance At Love
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Publishing industry 1981 – 1984 (3 years)

Education Medford Senior H.S., Medford, Oregon
H.S., college courses  1960 – 1964

Offline catbus

Re: Eileen Nauman AKA Ai Gvhdi Wa AKA Lindsay McKenna
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 06:32:53 pm »

Specialties
lecturer on topics of medical astrology, homeopathy, writing and shamanism around the world...

Medical Astrologer
1970 – Present (42 years)
I was taught astrology by my mother, Ruth Gent, beginning at age 9. I became a professional astrologer in 1965. In 1970 I switched to medical astrology, where I have remained to the present. I've written a book, MEDICAL ASTROLOGY, Blue Turtle Publishing, that has continued from 1980 to the present to be distributed around the world. I continue to lecture around the globe on this topic. I have taught astrologers about this branch of our science. I have a weekly blog on this topic as well. http://medicalastrologybyeileennauman.blogspot.com

She's not just any newage astrologer, she's into 'medical astrology' *roll eyes*. What will these newagers think up next? This is the silliest sounding branch of astrology pseudoscience I have ever heard of.
I don't feel well, look to the stars and pass me the snake oil...

Based on what is on her 'medical astrology' page (Medicine Garden), her ways are all based on the typical newage  mixture: chakra terminology, gem stones, also 'medicine wheel'-based teachings, pseudo-'shamanism', etc.
So if there is supposedly something traditional Cherokee about her practice, I'm not sure what it is.

Her descriptions of a couple of her books are worth noting:

Path of the Mystic by Ai Gvhdi Waya: Our best teachers are inside ourselves. Ai Gvhdi Waya shares her own journey through Native American stories of her discovery -- and how you can access the many teachers, too. Learn how to trust your own knowing and follow your heart. Walk the path of the mystic and understand how you can do that on a daily basis. Being a mystic gives us the opportunity to transform from chrysalis into butterfly. This gift is available to all of us and is revealed in her book

Soul Recovery and Extraction by Ai Gvhdi Waya: Do you need soul recovery? Before you say no, check out the symptoms.... Consider this: if you have been on the receiving end of any type of trauma--be it mental, emotional, physical or spiritual, you have probably lost a piece of your spirit. Soul Recovery is about regaining the fragments of one's energy that has been trapped, lost or stolen either by another person or through trauma. Taking back control of your life is at the heart of this shamanistic healing method. Find out what the SIGNS of soul loss are...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:26:47 pm by catbus »

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 09:56:47 pm »

According to Nauman, Gary Gent is her brother:

http://books.google.de/books?id=7WJ85cPUfVAC&pg=PA389&lpg=PA389&dq=%22eileen+nauman%22+%2B+%22gent%22&source=bl&ots=t159dPb9Je&sig=k_PLIeaj67NRrLNYmulnA-HBMnQ&hl=en#v=onepage&q=%22eileen%20nauman%22%20%2B%20%22gent%22&f=false

From Nauman's book: Homeopathy for Epidemics, p. 389

„Eileen's father was part Eastern Cherokee and a shaman; he trained both Eileen and her brother, Gary Gent, to carry on this family healing tradition.“

Confirmed here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/31457623/30863726-Medical-Astrology-by-Eileen-Nauman

From Nauman's book „Medical Astrology“:

„... my brother, Gary Gent. who is 3 years younger than me...“

Nauman was born in 1946, so G. Gent was born 1949.

There is more info on her family background on Nauman's site, taken from one of Nauman's books, including the story of GG-Ma fled the Trail of Tears:

excerpt:

http://medicinegarden.com/homeopathy/ptsd_4.html

My great-great grandmother was on the 'Trail of Tears' when our Eastern Cherokee nation was forcibly removed from our land in the Carolina's. The trail went up through Tennessee, almost to the Kentucky border. My great-great grandmother escaped at that point and fled into the mountains of Kentucky. Later, she met my great-great grandfather, Elias Gent. They married. My only knowledge of this woman is through my father's sister, Aunt Elena, who is now dead. Before she died, I drove to West Virginia, where she lived, to find out all I could about our Native American heritage.
Aunt Elena said that she remembered her, and that she was small and dark skinned with black, snapping eyes that could make you shake in your boots. My great-great grandmother said little. She never told our family what her real, Cherokee name was because she feared the Army, once they had her real name, would drag her off to the reservation now established in Oklahoma. Aunt Elena knew only two things about her: she was a member of the Wolf Clan and she came from a medicine family. She grew a lot of herbs and knew about them medicinally. Aunt Elena noted that the resulting children and offspring from that side of the family all seem to have a gift, more or less, shared between them. That gift was a psychic or clairvoyant ability as best as my Aunt Elena could describe--but it was something 'more' and she just couldn't adequately put it into words for me. My grandfather (her father) was so overwhelmed with this 'gift' that he considered it a 'curse' and promptly turned to becoming a Methodist minister to counteract, what he interpreted, was the Devil trying to make him go insane.
Of all the children, my father, James Gent, got the bulk of the 'gift-curse' , Aunt Elena noted. He was called the 'Black Sheep' of the family and his father, the Methodist minister, used to beat him unmercifully with a thick, leather strap, because the Devil had a hold on him, too. My father had clairvoyant gifts, there was no doubt, Aunt Elena said--just as she said my great-great grandmother.
Emphasis mine

Nauman also keeps a blog for her deceased mother, Ruth Gent, who co-authored several books with her. From what Nauman writes in this blog, her mother also seems to have been into native spirituality:

Nauman maintains a blog for her deceased mother, Ruth Gent, who co-authored several of Nauman's books:

http://ruthgent.blogspot.de/2008/02/ruths-touching-your-life.html

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 10:35:13 pm »

Nauman seems a dyed-in-the-wool Nuager and esoteric. Besides selling ndn spirituality and claiming Cherokee descent, she is a homeopath and astrologer, i.e. she covers quite some range of pseudo-medicine and pseudo-science.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Nauman,_Eileen

... born on 24 May 1946 at 11:08 ...

American humanist astrologer who taught astrology at Kent State University and writing at Akron University. She is the author of "American Book of Medical Astrology," 1982, as well as some 50 romance novels, under several different names, and writes for many publications.
She led a homeopathy group in Sedona entitled "Friends With Aya" in 1992. Since then, she has received her degree in homeopathy(DHM(UK),EMT-B) and her last two books have been about home treatments for plague and menopause. She also is the creator of the Matrix Health Writer Report for Matrix Software.

Well, so Kent State does have a somewhat bad name for everybody old enough to remember the end of the 1960ies, but I doubt whether a state-run university ever did offer a course in astrology. We may assume Nauman rather intends to polish her merits.

But - home treatments for plague ? I beg yours?

Nauman also writes a blog titled „Health and Medical“, with the subtitles „Healthcare Products, Private Healthcare, Medical Healthcare, Private Medical Healthcare, Healthcare Cover, Private Medical Insurance, Private Health Insurance, Health Insurance, Health care, Medical Insurance“

http://medicalastrologybyeileennauman.blogspot.de/

She also runs an „Astrology News Service“:

http://astrologynewsservice.com/tag/eileen-nauman/

Here is another CV for Nauman:

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/169264.Eileen_Nauman

About this author

Eileen Nauman, D.H.M. (UK), EMT-B, a classically trained homeopath for over 30 years, was trained by the President of the British Institute of Homeopathy, a consultant to The Royal Family. In addition to being on the faculty of that institute, she is also on the core faculty of the Desert Institute of Classical Homeopathy in Phoenix, Arizona.

Moderator and owner of The Medicine Garden, an internet web site that includes alternative medicine and an active mailing list, she teaches beginning homeopathy to people who want to use this medicine to help themselves, their families, and their pets.

Eileen has lectured around the world on various topics, including alternative medicine techniques, clasical homeopathy, emergency medicine, and flower and gem essences, as well as other forms of energy medicine. She is the author of more than sixty books.

Please do have a look at the first quote: That text says, Nauman received her 'degree' in homeopathy after 1992. 30 years? Not according to what my maths teacher told me.

Although her DOB of 1946 and several photos online showing an elderly person with grey hair, the photo on this site shows a much younger person:

http://www.lighttechnology.com/authors/waya-ai-gvhdi-eileen-nauman

Born in an Eastern Cherokee household, member of the Wolf Clan, with a father who was one-quarter blood, Ai Gvhdi Waya (Eileen Nauman) was trained, beginning at the age of nine, in the medicine path. She is the author of Soul Recovery and Extraction, the shamanic process she was taught since childhood.

It has to be noted that clan membership in the Cherokee nation is inherited from the maternal side. So whatever clan her father may or may not have belonged to, this does not make her a member of any clan.

Books mentioned on this site:
Path of the Mystic
Soul Recovery and Extraction
The New Age Primer

http://www.lighttechnology.com/authors/nauman-eileen

There is another author's CV under the name of „Nauman, Eileen“, showing the same photo as the one above, mentioning different books:
Homeopathy for epidemics
Medical Astrology

And now her CV:

Dr. Eileen Naumann, DHM, DIHom (UK) is a classically trained homeopath who has practiced for twenty-five years. She works at the Blue Heron Foundation Clinic in Chinle, Arizona, on the Navajo Reservation. A graduate of the British Institute of Homeopathy in London, she is also a member of their faculty. She is an Adjunct Professor of holistic medicine at the Union Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio, where she works with doctoral candidates interested in pursuing an alternative, or holistic, doctoral degrees. She lectures and gives workshops around the world on homeopathy, alternative medicine, medical astrology, and Native American healing techniques. She is responsible for creating four homeopathic study groups in Ohio and Arizona.

Same again, although she's getting somewhat more modest and only claims 25 years of practice.

Blue Heron Foundation Clinic, Chinle Arizona

Nothing re such a clinic to be found online except for sites mentioning Nauman....
There is a Blue Heron Foundation, however, doing fund raising for orphaned and abandoned children in Romania, situated in Beverly Hills and several other cities.

British Institute of Homeopathy, London
There also is a US-based „British Institute of Homeopathy“ which is a branch of the London institute. Searching the London Institute's site for Nauman brought no result, other than that they seem to use some of her books as teaching material.

Union Institute, Cincinnati Ohio

There is a Union Institute & University, with a caption „Why Union“ which explains:

Union Institute & University is one of only 10 colleges and universities that form the Fraternal Order of Police University (FOPU).

No Nauman mentioned on the Faculty Staff site:
http://www.myunion.edu/about/faces-of-distinction/faculty/index.html

Seems that the Cincinnati branch only offers a doctoral course in Psychology:

http://www.myunion.edu/academics/psyd/index.html

Union Institute & University’s Doctor of Psychology Program (Psy.D.) offers a concentration in clinical psychology, following a practitioner-scholar model. The program’s distributed learning model makes it accessible to working adults who need to balance career, family, and other responsibilities.

What I did not see at this institute's website was any course in 'holistic' and/or 'alternative' medicine.

Searching for „Union Institute“ and „Eileen Nauman“, Google presents 95 results, most of which repeat information provided by Nauman herself, or taken from her books.

Desert Institute of Classical Homeopathy in Phoenix, Arizona

Seems google cannot find a site for this institute. However, I found another person claiming to be its director:

http://universitynaturalmedicine.org/college-natural-medicine/faculty/

Dr. Todd Rowe, MD, MD (H), CCH, DHT
Dr. Todd Rowe has practiced homeopathic medicine for 20 years. He earned his doctorate of Medicine at Rush Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, and completed his psychiatric training at the University of Vermont. He graduated from the Hahnemann College of Homeopathy in Albany, California, and is a licensed homeopathic physician in Arizona. Dr. Rowe teaches extensively and has written several books on classical homeopathic education including Homeopathic Methodology and the Homeopathic Journey. He is the past-president of the National Center for Homeopathy and serves on the Board of Directors for the Council for Homeopathic Education. He is the director of the Desert Institute of Classical Homeopathy, director of the Desert Institute School of Classical Homeopathy and director of the Society for the Establishment of Research in Classical Homeopathy.

So Nauman is not only selling ndn spirituality and pseudo-medicine, she brushes up her CVs with claims that do not quite hold water.

I recommend moving her to Frauds.

Offline Sparks

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 11:25:43 am »