Author Topic: wynoochee sundance  (Read 17750 times)

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
Re: wynoochee sundance
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 01:43:42 am »
The Chips are from Wamblee. Outside of Kyle is where Grandpa Fools Crow lived as well as Vernal Cross

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 01:15:11 pm »
both are dead now
In Spirit

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 01:17:08 pm »
all non-natives can not have a pipes and can not dance in a sun dance according to the Keeper of the pipe
In Spirit

Offline AnnOminous

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 08:46:11 pm »
all non-natives can not have a pipes and can not dance in a sun dance according to the Keeper of the pipe

My response to this claim is here: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4720.0

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 03:42:52 am »
when we are talking about the Chipp they are apart the Lakota
In Spirit

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2015, 05:49:36 pm »
I have never heard of the Chipps family being involved with this sundance.

Offline ska

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 01:57:29 am »
Hi Debbie,

I think the confusion, and the inclusion of the Chipps, occurred when someone claimed that the Chipps were from around Kyle, as you mentioned the people who started the Wynoochee "sundance" were from around Kyle.

As Cetan pointed out, the Chipps are not from Kyle.  Neither is Kenny Farmer.

Also, in response to the person claiming that a lot of frauds come from Kyle - so do a lot of wonderful people who speak their language and practice their Lakota way of life.  I don't think it is fair to cast aspersions on the whole community. 

ska

Offline Bears Ghost

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 10:48:41 am »
Please understand that I meant no disrespect to the community in Kyle, and I wholeheartedly apologize if I've offened anyone unintentionally.  My relatives there told me that the whole Pine Ridge area is having trouble with people of questionable morals taking advantage of locals and non-native visitors. I simply asked if the well documented frauds and abusers from the Chips family were from there. As my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be. I hope to find more information on the qualifications of those who supposedly gave permission/trained this person running the ceremony.

Offline ska

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2015, 01:31:06 pm »
Kenny Farmer has been doing his thing in Washington for years.  He was also involved with the "sundance" that took place at Mount Hood.  He is currently listed as the Community President for Butte Creek, Rosebud reservation and his address is listed in Wood, SD, where he also had a sundance. 

http://www.rosebudsiouxtribe-nsn.gov/government/members/community-presidents

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 02:21:48 pm »
Yes a lot of wonderful people in Kyle and the Chipps (Godfrey and Charles) as far as i knew did not live there full time but their relatives do today. There is a lot of abuse going on everywhere but there are still real traditions happening among the people, We still have not figured out how to handle this in a good way. We do have the declaration made by the people but many don't want to follow it due to money. This was made by the Lakota/Dakota/Cheyenne people. As pointed out this relates only to our people.
How do we separate the abuse from what is real, and the abuse, plus all the abuser who make up lies to protect the abuse. sometimes it is like going in circles, but we must still stand up and say it is wrong.
In Spirit

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2015, 04:15:23 pm »
Kenny Farmer has been doing his thing in Washington for years.  He was also involved with the "sundance" that took place at Mount Hood.  He is currently listed as the Community President for Butte Creek, Rosebud reservation and his address is listed in Wood, SD, where he also had a sundance. 

http://www.rosebudsiouxtribe-nsn.gov/government/members/community-presidents

I know a lot of NDNs who danced at Mt. Hood. Most were good people. I also know that Mary Grimes/Thunder danced there. I heard mostly good things about it, though, until a few not so good people got involved.

Offline Sparks

Re: Wynoochee sundance
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2019, 01:38:05 am »
New thread recently, essentially about the same topic and persons as the present thread:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=5402.0

[Northwest Indian Treatment Center - Jojo/Kenny Farmer/Raymond "Cooney" Johns)