General > Frauds

Heyoka Magazine & John Lekay

(1/16) > >>

tachia:
i found aspects of this distrubing .. check it out .. dig around in the site a bit .. let me know what you think ..

http://www.heyokamagazine.com/index.htm
click the picture to enter the site

Barnaby_McEwan:
What a strange site.

[Barnaby's note: Lekay's address and phone number, retrieved via whois, removed because it's no longer available via whois. I told Lekay via PM I'd remove it when he amended his site's whois info. He claimed that we were harassing him by posting information he had negligently made public when he registered his domain.]

--- Quote ---John LeKay, born 1961 in London, England, privately educated, began his career as a painter and filmmaker; worked at Pinewood film studios and a circus, later turned to making sculpture in the early 80s and is considered to be one of the most innovative and influential artists of his time, referred to as a sculptural alchemist.
--- End quote ---

http://www.johnlekay.com/John%20Website%20Files/johnweb.BIO-1.Htm

One thing I find disturbing is that Lekay promotes (with an extremely tasteless photo) Kevin Annett, whose name will be known to many in connection with the campaigns for justice for the victims of the residential schools in Canada.

educatedindian:
Promoting Suzanne Depree/"Looking Back Woman," Pete V Catches, ajnd David Swallows. We have a thread about Depree that will interest you, including what a lot of big names say about her getting virtually every fact wrong.

Most of this magazine is non-Native artists promoting environmental causes for Natives, but I have no idea what promoting the phony claims of Dupree and her trashing Looking Horse has to do with that.

tachia:

--- Quote from: educatedindian on January 30, 2007, 03:29:22 pm ---Promoting Suzanne Depree/"Looking Back Woman," Pete V Catches, ajnd David Swallows. We have a thread about Depree that will interest you, including what a lot of big names say about her getting virtually every fact wrong.

Most of this magazine is non-Native artists promoting environmental causes for Natives, but I have no idea what promoting the phony claims of Dupree and her trashing Looking Horse has to do with that.

--- End quote ---

that is what first caught my attention .. huge promotion of dupree .. and if you dig in the previous issues there is also promotion of "rolling thunder" and a few others that seemed 'wrong' but that i did not know of personally .. .. the mag seems to promote some dubious people and questionable "things" ..

Marlon:

Yes it is disturbing. Totally agree with you and feel the same way about most of what I read and see on the site. Especially about the environment in South Dakota and what Kevin Annett has told me regarding the situation in Canada. He asked me to post the "tasteless" photo by the way.  Also what Bob Robideau told me about Ana Mae. Yes its very disturbing.

http://www.heyokamagazine.com/HEYOKA.7.PAINTINGS.RobertRobideau.

Most people have no idea about any of this. Fortunately this site reaches millions every month or so all over the world.

My question to you is do you mean that since I'm a white guy doing this, you find it disturbing?

In response to "Most of this magazine is non-Native artists promoting environmental causes for Natives, but I have no idea what promoting the phony claims of Dupree and her trashing Looking Horse has to do with that".

Yes that's absolutely correct, it is mostly about the environment, but its not just about the environment even though Defenders of the Black Hills and the Silkwood project issues is a priority.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and view. People make claims and allegations all the time. people criticize, invalidate and "Trash" people all the time based on conjecture, intuition, speculation, hearsay, gossip and third party information. Most of the time its not always on fact, logic, reason or truth. 

I am in no way implying she has done this or am defending her claims, (justified or "phoney" )or am criticizing her either.  Not am I promoting her or anyne else.  I am not anyone PR person.

The interview with Looking Back Woman is about her claims about the Canupa her father Calvin Dupree gave her. There is no doubt this is Fools Crows ceremonial Sundance Canunpa. No one disputes this. Even the people you cited. I know since I as privy to this feed you posted and much much more for many months.

She answered most of my questions. I think her position is crystal clear.  My intention was to find out exactly what this is, who she is and what this issue is about. This is impossible to know from just an interview. I still don't know the answers and much of this is still surrounded in mystery.

From what I have been told by various medicine people and elders, Lakota, Cree, Navajo, Apache, Cherekee, all canupa are sacred. I don't think that is the question.

As far as Rolling Thunder is concerned I have read all the negative commentary about him. I never net him but know others that knew him very well and lived with him.

I still find him interesting for many reasons.  That's why I posted the old interview from the 70s.

As far as plastic medicine men and shamans and wanna be new medicine men or new age white guys doing sweat lodges, what else is new. Freud runs in every culture. The world is riddled with cults and all this nonsense and con artists. if you want to know my views on all this stuff, they are similar to this mans.

http://www.heyokamagazine.com/HEYOKA.6.PHILOS.UG.Khrishnamurti.htm

Anyone who claims they are enlightened in my book they are not. Anyone who calls them selves holy they are not. As far as being sacred, we all are. Everything is. At a subatomic level feces and a diamond is the same thing. That makes you or I or anyone else no better than feces on that level including all these so called holy people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version