Author Topic: Kymberlee Ruff  (Read 57710 times)

Offline milehighsalute

Re: Kymberlee Ruff
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2013, 02:03:15 am »
number 5 should be proof enough......to piggyback on that would you call apache elders wrong? how about all apaches as a whole who have no teachings that resemble the BULLSHIT "yraceburu" sells..........its funny how white people would rather learn our culture from another white person pretending to be one of us than an actual skin.....

Epiphany

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2013, 02:01:51 am »
Both of my parents are(were my dad passed) Cherokee. I was born in Arkansas.

Above quote is from KR earlier in thread.

Her father Danny Gene Ruff 1931 Arkansas - 2009 Silverdale, Washington http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2009/aug/31/danny-gene-ruff-78/#axzz2d7TUYSZy

--------
Family in 1940 census

Name:    Dannie Ruff
Estimated Birth Year:    abt 1931
Race:    White
Birthplace:    Arkansas
Marital Status:    Single
Relation to Head of House:    Son
Home in 1940:    Spring, Searcy, Arkansas
Inferred Residence in 1935:    Spring, Searcy, Arkansas
Residence in 1935:    Same House

Household Members:    
Name    Age
S S Ruff    50
Drusilla Ruff    37
--------

Seth S Ruff (KR's paternal grandfather) 1889 - 1974 Arkansas, white in 1920, 1930, 1940 census. His wife Mary Drucilla (Coatney) Ruff 1903 -1985 Arkansas, white in 1910, 1930, 1940 census.

Seth S Ruff's parents Dr Sparkin Pinckney Ruff and Nancy Elizabeth (Taylor) Ruff.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=28384885

Photo of family http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=28384885&PIpi=77582865

KR's father's family is well researched. Maybe there is distant NDN heritage but I haven't found any record of that.

Kymberlee is 1/4 Cherokee Indian. She inherited the lineage of the "Cherokee Dream Walker" from her Cherokee Grandfather.

http://www.sbwellnessdirectory.com/kymberlee-ruff.htm

Epiphany

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2013, 04:20:39 am »
KR's maternal grandfather Arthur Dewey Lewis http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=32890866 Listed white in 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940 census.

Some people claim that there was an unknown "Cherokee Woman" in this family, born 1775. This would be KR's gr gr gr grandmother's generation. But there is no name given, no records, only a few mangled, messed up, unsourced genealogies that are repeated by many online. Other people working on this genealogy say that there is a lot of misinformation out there. No descendents are listed NDN in census.

I haven't found a "great great grandfather John Byron". Other people working on these family lines list a Harvey Byrum  as one of a great great grandfathers. John Byrum his father. No sign of NDN heritage.

Autumn

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2013, 02:35:56 am »
Kymberlee has updated her website.  If this is not profiting from her claims and using them in her therapy practice, then I don't know what is:

Communication Skills for Conflict Resolution
Individual, Couple, Family, and Group Therapy

My specialty is using Peaceful Conflict Resolution skills. I work with individuals, couples, families and various groups. I believe EMPATHY is the key to understanding and resolving all issues. I have been trained in short and long-term psychotherapy. Whether people are related or just work together I believe that everyone is looking for happiness. In over 30 years in private practice I have found that certain techniques using through wisdom and compassion can help ANY relationship combination.

In these challenging times I have a sliding fee scale so hopefully everyone can afford therapy.

I am presently practicing in Santa Barbara, which has more psychotherapists per capita than any other town in the United States! It is wonderful that the people of our town are so committed to working on their issues. It is part of what makes Santa Barbara so special.
Compassionate Psychotherapy

Having studied many different paradigms over the years, I would describe my therapeutic style as Compassionate Psychotherapy with a spiritual emphasis. I was very fortunate to have mentored under the renowned psychologist, Dr. Irwin Bloom, for 17 years, until he passed away. I also studied for 25 years with the empathic Dr. Marshall Rosenberg, who founded the "Center for Non-Violent Communication," both admiring and practicing his tenets of PEACEFUL CONFLICT RESOLUTION.

I have been a member of the Therapist professional association - CAMFT - since 1986, and was Vice President of CAMFT-SB, and also Chairman of the Ethics Committee for many years. After leaving the Board to get married I had two sons, who have grown up to become incredible teenagers. Having my own children has deepened my appreciation of the need for positive communication.
Multi-Paradigm Psychotherapy in Santa Barbara

I have worked in the field of Psychology for the past 35 years, and was awarded my B.A. from the University of Hawaii, where I was mentored by the acclaimed professor and author Dr. Anthony Marsella. During those early years I received invaluable experience in psychiatric hospitals, from 1978 to 1988. After moving to the mainland to attend graduate school at California Lutheran University, I got my M.S., and was fortunate enough to intern under some of the brightest minds in psychology.

After opening a private practice in Santa Barbara in 1986, I am happy to say that I am still in the same large, sunny office, which is conveniently located downtown. There is a back door for privacy, which opens to a beautiful garden.

Native American Influences on my Therapy

Both of my parents are part Cherokee Indian and I have embraced my ethnicity more as the years go by. I inherited the lineage of the "Cherokee Dream Walker" from my paternal Grandfather. This gift has helped me greatly over the years in working with other people's dreams.
I love working with dreams and studied Jungian Psychology for many years to better understand how to interpret them.

For 20 years I primarily studied the psychoanalytic approach of "Self-Psychology". I found these beliefs and techniques to be a solid foundation for psychotherapy.

In the past 10 years, I have begun branching out and studying the healing therapy techniques of my ancestors and other Indigenous Tribes. I have apprenticed with several Native American Tribes and also studied "The Dream Time" with an Aborigine Elder. I recently received the great honor of teaching with the "13 Indigenous Grandmothers" at the Center for Sacred Studies.

Christian and Tibetan Influences on my Therapy

Many years ago I volunteered at the Crossroads Christian Counseling Center. During the last ten years I have also begun to investigate the complementary teachings of Tibetan Buddhism and integrating their wisdom into my practice. I have taken many classes and initiations with Tibetan Lamas .This has taught me how to have even deeper empathy and compassion for my patients, and for all beings.

Mental Healing and Counseling Methods

I feel very fortunate to have a career that is more rewarding and meaningful as every year passes. My mentor, Dr. Bloom, always used to say: "I have the greatest job in the world!
If you want to read more about the style of  healing I practice, such as Compassionate Healing, Tibetan and Native Traditions, Family and Marriage Counseling, please Go Back to the main menu now, or contact me at the phone or email below.
(Bolding Mine)

http://www.kymberleeruff.com/

Oh, and then there is this.  She added buttons at the top of her website and two of the buttons are for Native Wisdom and Tibetan Wisdom.

NATIVE AMERICAN COUNSELING WISDOM
Kymberlee Ruff here again. In the last 15 years I have studied extensively the wisdom of the Native Americans and integrated into my practice. My grandfather was Cherokee and I inherited the gift of "Cherokee Dream Walker". I was also adopted into a Hopi family in 2006. I have found the ways of my ancestors to be very helpful. This is a photo of me and Chumash Elder "Fire Keeper" Art Cisneros on Dec. 21, 2012 at a ceremony here in Santa Barbara. Here is an article about the Medicine Wheel and Psychotherapy in  PDF format: Wisdom of the Medicine Wheel

http://www.kymberleeruff.com/nativewisdom.html

TIBETAN BUDDISM AND PSYCHOTHERAPY
This is Kymberlee Ruff again. I have learned SO much from the Tibetans about empathy and compassion. One of my favorite teachers is His Eminence Garchen Rinpoche. We were lucky enough for him to visit Santa Barbara recently. Garchen Rinpoche was imprisoned by the Chinese Government for 20 years and when he was finally released after years of torture, he was even more compassionate than ever.

http://www.kymberleeruff.com/tibetanwisdom.html
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:56:41 am by Autumn »

Offline Odelle

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2013, 06:30:42 pm »
Again??!! smh

thanks for the update, Autumn. The good news is that I see that she is at least not claiming to know a Tibetan prophecy or to speak on behalf of a teacher or lineage. Note that she is now speaking about Garchen Rinpoche, a different lama than the one she was publicly aligning herself with before. I wonder if there's a reason for that?

I suspect that she is now being careful not to represent herself as having a formal connection to any specific Tibetan Buddhist organization, lineage or teaching because people contacted her about it. Has anyone called her out on the Native American stuff yet? I think an email addressing the parts Autumn bolded would probably be enough for her to change the site.
:>

Offline irasna

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2014, 06:03:48 pm »
Good Afternoon,
I have heard unfortunate news that Hopi Elder Grandfather Martin was in the hospital in recent weeks.  He's very, very old now and I've met him twice, the last time in November 2011 when I drove down to see him and he showed nothing but great kindness towards me.
I'm not Hopi, I'm not Native American but just someone who is deeply concerned for him and hoping to find out if there has been any further news or developments.
Someone posted the information on a Yahoo! thread:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RUMORMILLNEWS/conversations/topics/64775

and I have no idea how valid it is, but they are calling for donations for GM so that he at least has a bed. I have no hesitation in helping him but I would like to know if these channels are legitimate.
Thank you,

Autumn

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2014, 10:26:38 pm »
Good Afternoon,
I have heard unfortunate news that Hopi Elder Grandfather Martin was in the hospital in recent weeks.  He's very, very old now and I've met him twice, the last time in November 2011 when I drove down to see him and he showed nothing but great kindness towards me.
I'm not Hopi, I'm not Native American but just someone who is deeply concerned for him and hoping to find out if there has been any further news or developments.
Someone posted the information on a Yahoo! thread:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RUMORMILLNEWS/conversations/topics/64775

and I have no idea how valid it is, but they are calling for donations for GM so that he at least has a bed. I have no hesitation in helping him but I would like to know if these channels are legitimate.
Thank you,

irasna, the link you posted above is dated over a year ago and the person who wrote it is discussed here on this thread:  http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3574.0

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2014, 12:33:11 am »
Since it was Ruff who issued that call, I merged it into the thread on her.

I wouldn't trust anything Ruff says, given her long history of lying. Keep in mind much of what she claims about Martin comes from what she says her dreams told her.

On top of that, the other sources make this even more dubious. Prophecykeepers is a clearing house for frauds, run by Wm Anderson, a white Mormon involved with at least half a dozen fraud groups passing as Cherokee tribes. And the yahoo group is all Nuagers, keeping their group hidden to keep out critics.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2017, 09:25:19 pm »
Ruff lost her license in CA. The state board put her on probation and fined her. Not for her falsehoods, her fakelore, or her abusing Native elders. She cheated and abused a client for over a decade and broke confidentiality. 23 pg doc attached, the most relevant parts quoted.

---------
BEFORE THE BOARD OF BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
In the Matter of the Accusation Against:
KYMBERLEE RUFF 1035-A De La Vina Street Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist License No. LMFf 21817
Respondent. Case No. 2002016000264 OAH No. 2016120055
DECISION AND ORDER
The attached Stipulated Settlement and Disciplinary Order is hereby adopted by the Board
of Behavioral Sciences, Department of Consumer Affairs, as its Decision in this matter.
This Decision shall become effective on Aug 9 2017....

IT IS HEREBY STIPULATED AND AGREED by and between the parties to the aboveentitled
proceedings that the following matters are true....
DISCIPLINARY ORDER
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist License No.
LMFT 21817 issued to Respondent Kymberlee Ruff is revoked. The revocation is stayed and
Respondent is placed on five (5) years probation with the following terms and conditions.
Probation shall continue on the same terms and conditions if Respondent is granted another
registration or license regulated by the Board.
1. Psychological/ Psychiatric Evaluation
Within 90 days of the effective date of this decision, and on a periodic basis thereafter as
may be required by the Board or its designee, respondent shall complete a psychological or
psychiatric evaluation by such licensed psychologists or psychiatrists as are appointed by the
Board....
2. Psychotherapy
Respondent shall participate in ongoing psychotherapy with a California licensed mental
health professional who has been approved by the Board....Counseling shall be at
least once a week unless otherwise determined by the Board....
3. Supervised Practice
....Supervision shall consist of at least one (1) hour per
week in individual face to face meetings. The supervisor shall not be the respondent's therapist.
4. Education
Respondent shall take and successfully complete the equivalency of two (2) semester or
three (3) quarter units in each of the following areas: (i) Boundaries, (ii) Client Confidentiality,
and (iii) Record Keeping....
 5. Law and Ethics Course
Respondent shall take and successfully complete the equivalency of two semester units in
law and ethics....
6. Obey All Laws
Respondent shall obey all federal, state and local laws....respondent shall submit
fingerprints through the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation within 30 days
of the effective date of the decision...
7. File Quarterly Reports
Respondent shall submit quarterly reports, to the Board....
8. Comply with Probation Program
Respondent shall comply with the probation program established by the Board...
21. Cost Recovery
Respondent shall pay the Board $8,728.10 as and for the reasonable costs of the
investigation and prosecution of Case No. 2002016000264....

TREATMENT OF PATIENT J.H
7. Respondent saw and treated Patient J.H. from approximately August 2002 until
September 2014. For the first several years, from approximately August 2002 through 2006,
Respondent treated J.H. one to four times per week. J.H. made little to no progress during the
initial years oftreatment. Instead ofterminating the relationship and referring J .H. to another
therapist or program, Respondent continued to treat J.H. when she lacked the knowledge and skill
to competently do so. In fact, from approximately 2007 through 2014, Respondent treated J.H.
two to three times per day, five to seven days per week
. Throughout their relationship,
Respondent also called and sent emails, voicemails, and text messages to J.H. on an increasing
basis, sometimes more than once per day, and many ofwhich were totally unrelated to J .H.'s
treatment. Respondent's treatment plan and frequent contact with J.H. created an intense
dependency with respect to J.H. and blurred the boundaries between Respondent and J.H.
8. At various times throughout the course oftreatment, Respondent purportedly
diagnosed J.H. with multiple conditions, including, but not limited to, generalized anxiety disorder,
paranoid delusional disorder with querulous paranoia, litigious paranoia, persecutory delusional
disorder, erotomanic delusions, stalking syndrome, autistic spectrum disorder, Asperger's
syndrome, paranoid personality disorder with narcissistic and borderline features, and borderline
syndrome. However, Respondent lacked the knowledge and skill that was required to diagnose

J .H. in a proper and timely manner. Respondent also failed to accurately assess the
appropriateness ofher treatment plan and the level oftreatment that was actually needed....
plan to J .H. The plan also failed to include any referrals to other providers or treatment programs.
Since Respondent already fostered a long and harmful relationship oftotal dependency with J.H.,
her actions were or would have likely been experienced as a traumatic abandonment by J.H.
Indeed, shortly after receiving the termination plan, J.H. made suicidal threats to Respondent and
Respondent failed to assess J.H. for her level ofthreat and offer appropriate support and referrals....
After learning in September 2014 ofJ.H.'s changing
finances and inability to pay for ongoing therapy, Respondent abruptly introduced a termination
plan to J .H.
The plan also failed to include any referrals to other providers or treatment programs.
Since Respondent already fostered a long and hannful relationship oftotal dependency with J.H.,
her actions were or would have likely been experienced as a traumatic abandonment by J.H.
Indeed, shortly after receiving the termination plan, J.H. made suicidal threats to Respondent and
Respondent failed to assess J.H. for her level ofthreat and offer appropriate support and referrals.

10. Respondent failed to maintain client confidences. For example, Respondent disclosed
information about other clients to J.H., and mentioned some by name; Respondent disclosed
information about J.H. to third parties, and mentioned J.H. by name; Respondent videotaped and
audio taped sessions with J .H. and shared copies ofthose recordings with third parties; and
Respondent drafted a detailed treatment summary about J.H., which contained personal details
about J.H., her family, and their finances, and shared the summary with third parties.
Respondent
was not authorized to release her clients' information in any ofthese instances.
11. Respondent failed to maintain and retain client records. Although Respondent only
stopped treating J.H. in or around September 2014, Respondent destroyed J.H.'s entire treatment
file, which consisted ofthousands ofpages ofnotes, before the end ofDecember 2014.

Offline James1

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2017, 05:57:05 pm »
Educatedindian,

Thank you for posting this following my contacting you.

I have attached the entire document, which, by the way is a matter of public record. I am willing to reveal that I am the client,
J.S. referred to in the Document the BBS acknowledged Kym's original Breach of my Confidentiality in 1989. I was a therapist at the time, and her fabricated and defamatory stories about me as her client (claiming a Tarasoff situation), to cover her Breach, the BBSE used against me as a therapist and took away my licence. Obviously, without investigating her statements or false police report, they had no way of knowing she had lied to them. However, now, today, 27 years to the day since that betrayal, and bungling, the truth prevails, I have prevailed, and justice has prevailed.

Part of the recent fraud Kym committed was to post a picture of herself and my friend, Art Cisneros, a Chumash Elder, on her website. It was removed at Art's request, however, the BBS was alerted first, and ruled the fraud.

I can tell you I suffered years of Kym's continued lies about me, in my own community. However, I was fortunate to have a loving and supporting community of friends and associates whose testimony was given, heard and acknowledged, and absolutely countered years of lies. Now I'm free. Today is, ironically the 27 year anniversary of when my life as I knew it at that time ended. And the beautiful, loving life I have now, began. It truly is the Hero's Journey. Let us celebrate love, and courage, community, and the matrix from which we come, and return, Mother Earth, my connection, our connection; the Great Mother.

Offline Sparks

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2017, 12:21:28 am »
Ruff lost her license in CA. The state board put her on probation and fined her.
KYMBERLEE RUFF 1035-A De La Vina Street Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist License No. LMFf 21817
Respondent. Case No. 2002016000264 OAH No. 2016120055
DECISION AND ORDER
The attached Stipulated Settlement and Disciplinary Order is hereby adopted by the Board
of Behavioral Sciences, Department of Consumer Affairs, as its Decision in this matter.
This Decision shall become effective on Aug 9 2017....
[…]
DISCIPLINARY ORDER
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist License No.
LMFT 21817 issued to Respondent Kymberlee Ruff is revoked.
The revocation is stayed and
Respondent is placed on five (5) years probation with the following terms and conditions.

My emphasis in above quote. So she lost her License No. LMFT 21817 as of August 9, 2017. Her website does not reflect that fact as of today, almost six weeks later:

Licensed Psychoterapist
Since 1986

I had to enter the text in that quote manually, because most of the front page is a PNG file shown below. (I have archived it with today's date to my Mac in case it disappears from the Internet.)

Shouldn't this be reported to the proper authority in CA?

Piff

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2017, 02:20:23 am »
Kymberlee Sue Ruff, LMFT 21817

Complaints can be done here online: https://www.breeze.ca.gov/datamart/complaint.do?applicationId=1

For the board choice, choose California Board of Behavioral Sciences

Piff

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2017, 02:29:36 am »
Actually that online complaint system does not look helpful.

The license look up is here: https://www.breeze.ca.gov/datamart/mainMenu.do;jsessionid=C_yIYABrk1ri_wuPjEHGH2BYOFY-RKQwYTTHVZXw.dca-fp-98-o-01

Offline Sparks

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2017, 03:01:49 am »
Kymberlee Sue Ruff, LMFT 21817

Complaints can be done here online: https://www.breeze.ca.gov/datamart/complaint.do?applicationId=1

For the board choice, choose California Board of Behavioral Sciences

I managed to file a complaint about her website claiming she is still a Licensed Psychotherapist. I just skipped all questions that were not applicable and clicked "Next". The lookup system inside there filled in her complete name and address as soon as I entered the license number. I gave them her site's URL and also added (as an attachment) the PNG file shown in my preceding post.

Completed
Your complaint has been submitted. If you have questions or would like to follow-up on the status of your complaint, you can access the Board/Bureau/Committee's contact information via their website (List of DCA Board/Bureau/Committee Websites). Press "Return" to return to the DCA BreEZe Home Page.

Offline Sparks

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2017, 03:15:00 am »
I managed to file a complaint about her website claiming she is still a Licensed Psychotherapist.
[.…]
I gave them her site's URL and also added (as an attachment) the PNG file shown in my preceding post.

I also told them that the reason for my complaint is that her License No. LMFT 21817 was revoked as of August 9, 2017.

I look forward to check if Ms. Ruff's website changes in the near future.