Author Topic: campaign american indians are human beings not burgers  (Read 3264 times)

Offline dabosijigwokush

campaign american indians are human beings not burgers
« on: June 18, 2012, 03:57:49 am »
This information campaign was created with the intent to make you all aware of the fact that the General Food Italian Company SpA, which owns the local franchise "Old Wild West", within these offers a different menu representing a real slap to the Native American peoples: the various courses have been "baptized" with names such as "Apache," Navajo "," Comanchee "," Geronimo "," Red Cloud "," Crazy Horse "," Arapaho "" Sitting Bull ".
Not only. In fact, the menu of meat, we find the "Squaw Steak," the cut "Cherokee," the thread "Sioux Beef" chicken breast "Cheyenne chicken" ...
What's more you read this passage of their "Welcome to Old Wild West":

http://www.nativiamericani.it/?p=7587

sign petition

Offline AlessandroItaly

• Indians are people!
    • Nativi Americani.it
Re: campaign american indians are human beings not burgers
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 09:26:59 am »
Thanks for giving notice of our petition, I am a member NAFPS a long time and to clarify who I am and the purpose of our campaign and petition "American Indians are Human beings, not burgers!" I send you this information:

At first I would like to introduce myself..My name is Alessandro Profeti, I live in Italy.
Together with my wife, Bianca Frassi, I am in charge of the Italian Blog “Nativi Americani.it”, www.nativiamericani.it , an Italian blog that has been working for 5 years now, in order to support and spread true, honest, respectful information about Native American People history, culture, daily life, modern issues and struggles.
We especially try to make our readers more and more aware of the stereotypes and exploitation Native people are constantly fighting against.
We hereby submit to you a campaign we have recently started, focusing on an Italian Company that owns a chain of restaurants called OLD WILD WEST.
The Campaign has been entitled “AMERICAN INDIANS ARE HUMAN BEINGS – NOT BURGERS!!”
The campaign has the objective to make the OLD WILD WEST Restaurants change the names of their menus: burgers, steaks, salads, have been named after Native People and Leaders (Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse, Geronimo, Kociss, Red Cloud, Little Wolf ) and Nations (Navajo, Cheyenne, Apache, Arapaho, Sioux).
We thinks it to be highly unrespectful to name food after men who have fought and died defending their own People: this behavior causes more and more stereotypes about Nations and People that deserve respect.
So, hoping not to bother you too much, we submit this campaign to you: if you like, please spread this message among your people, your friends, your relatives.

If you like, you can directly send a message of complain to:
CIGIERRE S.p.A.
Via Antonio Bardelli, 4
33030 Torreano di Martignacco, Udine (UD), Italy.
E-mail: info@cigierre.com   
www.cigierre.com

Please copy to: info@nativiamericani.it

Moreover, at http://www.nativiamericani.it/?p=7587 you can read a PDF document that exactly explains the many other ways you can adhere to the Campaign.
We hope this initiative is one more step to overcome lack of respect and stereotypes against Native American People.
Thanking you for your attention, we send our best regards.

If you can legally pursue this Italian company Cigierre S.p.A. (owner of the franchise restaurants called "Old Wild West" where they are distributed this offensive menù) for copyright infringement as well as racism and derogatory misrepresentation of your race of your people as a dish or flavor or style of cooking without permission, please help us do this! We ask all of you to help us! In every possible way!

Alessandro Profeti, Bianca Frassi, Italy – www.nativiamericani.it

Offline AlessandroItaly

• Indians are people!
    • Nativi Americani.it
Re: campaign american indians are human beings not burgers
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 10:08:57 pm »
Please read this article by Julian Jennings on ICTN on our campaign:

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/ict_sbc/american-indians-are-human-beings-not-burgers