Author Topic: Spirits for Sale in NYC  (Read 11013 times)

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
Spirits for Sale in NYC
« on: February 14, 2009, 05:36:22 pm »
I am VERY pleased to inform you that our film "Spirits for Sale" has been selected for New York Filmfestival, 19th - 26th March.

It´s a festival which is visited by loads of people including many people from the filmindustry and from different TV-Channels. Hopefully someone will want to air it!

So the message that "NA spirituality" is not for sale will now hit New York! :)

I don´t know what date it will be screened, but as soon as I know I will forward the information and also give you the address.

Offline Emmia

Re: Spirits for Sale in NYC
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:58:46 pm »
Congrats Annika!!
Sounds really interesting, i wish you all the luck!

Trevlig helg!

Mia

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 11:58:08 pm »
Excellent! Let us know as soon as you know the screening date. I am on the East Coast, and have friends in New York who would love to attend. Hopefully we can help publicize this.

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 08:13:00 pm »
The film schedule is up now - and our film will be screened Friday 26th March in the afternoon.

All the info is here:  http://www.nyfilmvideo.com/

The organisers have asked us to come over to present the film ourselves.
I am applying for fundings from the Film Institute - I´d LOVE to go to NYC! :) Also, it would be much easier to market and sell the film being there in person, of course. But unless someone puts up the money, we just can´t make it.

But anyhow - I hope some of you can go and see "Spirits for Sale". And it would sure be good to have some Native people there!!!

(By the way, just learned that Smithsonian have had the film for quite a while, they passed the DVD on to some Sami people since "they thought it was great". I don´t know how it landed with Smithsonian - guess it was some of my Lakota or Blackfoot friends who fixed it  ;) - but it made me really happy. The message gets around!)