Author Topic: Southern Cherokee Nation of KY?  (Read 116743 times)

Re: Southern Cherokee Nation of KY?
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2007, 02:04:41 am »
Thanks for the info, debbieredbear!  I appreciate the correction.

Buffaloheart

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2007, 02:09:40 am »
Somehow I don't think Metis people would take too kindly to buffalo heart's (mis)use of their name!
[/quote]

The members of MNS have banded together with a desire to honor and respect our unique mixed-blood heritage. We often call ourselves "southern" Metis in an effort to distinguish ourselves from the Red River Metis of Canada as well as other Canadian Metis --- and in recognition of the distinctive history of mixed blood natives south of the Canadian border.

Our members have come together to share and preserve the history and heritage of our unique cultures -- a true melting pot -- and to prepare a path for future generations. The MNS is a gathering of Metis (mixed bloods) who benefit through the sharing of our individual experiences. We are a "family" composed of the people who didn't exist in either the white or native world and who are often identifed as "the people who own themselves." We have pride in our heritage and in ourselves, thus we are proud mixed bloods: Metis, Mestizo, Mulatto, Melungeon, and/or Bemdineek, breeds, et cetera. Our common denominator is our aboriginal heritage and culture which expands beyond international boundaries. We support each other as we share family stories, cultural traditions and spiritual beliefs that encompasses all parts of our ancestry.

I am also a member of the Metis Nation of the South and the Melungeon Heritage Assoc. Is this also going to be an issue?

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2007, 02:26:31 am »
On the contrary, I think that explains a lot.  Let me guess, a lot of "Southern Cherokee" are also "Melungeon."

I like how you continue to ignore the salient questions posed by Weheli and lostcherokee.  Classy. 

Buffaloheart

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2007, 02:35:23 am »
Just me as far as I know. Are Metis and Melungeons now under attack!

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2007, 02:43:22 am »
You going to answer Weheli's or lostcherokee's questions?

Buffaloheart

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2007, 02:52:16 am »
I think you should answer them. You seem to be the resident expert on all aboriginal cultures to include definitions. 

weheli

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2007, 03:18:16 am »
BH,
The question I spoke in post#70 wre actually directed at you. I do not understand why you refuse to answer just ONE. Do you not know the answer?
Coming from this Southern Cherokee nation and "the "tribe" stating how they know there tradition's ect. Why are you hesitant oginali?

nv wa do hi ya da
                                                                          Weheli

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2007, 03:19:03 am »
True Metis are not under attack. And for your info, their are Metis south of the Canadian border. They are in Montana, North Dakota and some around the great lakes. A mixed blood is not neccessarily a Metis. Someone who is not Metis, but mixed blood, and calls themselves Metis, is a poser. My husband's father was a Metis from Turtle Mountain rez, ND. He is descended on that side from the Red River people. Me, I am mixed blood and do not feel the need to make myself into something I am not.

Buffaloheart

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2007, 03:32:48 am »
Do you have tribal affiliation?

weheli

« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2007, 03:34:56 am »
 ??? Your point is????
                               Weheli

Buffaloheart

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2007, 03:49:10 am »
Red Bear, This is a nice Metis discusion group and open to the public. You just might like it.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southernmetis/

Buffaloheart

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2007, 04:37:02 am »
BH,
The question I spoke in post#70 wre actually directed at you. I do not understand why you refuse to answer just ONE. Do you not know the answer?
Coming from this Southern Cherokee nation and "the "tribe" stating how they know there tradition's ect. Why are you hesitant oginali?

nv wa do hi ya da
                                                                          Weheli

It was addressed to Lost Cherokee, but I do not have to prove up to be Cherokee. My dad taught me that I am. What you are asking me to do goes against my instincts. I am sorry.

Offline lostcherokee

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2007, 06:55:07 am »
Buffaloheart,
I end up in western ky 2 or 3 times a year
  so if youre offer still stands i would love to visit and look around some...

Offline lostcherokee

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2007, 07:09:15 am »
BH
I have noticed that on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_Watie
It looks like some of youre group has edited the info on there and put youre website link on there
thats one way to get youre name out there.
And i have a question for you i know youre web site is different from the southern cherokee nation of Ok.
you have the same flags and a few other things the same but all the way at the bottom is the copyrights
theres is from 1999 to 2004  i think and yours is from 2004 to present
dont you think its just a little bit odd that SCN of ky picks up from when they stop
and that i have seen you do not have any history before that on the internet that is

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2007, 04:22:36 pm »
BH,

I am unenrolled Kiowa. And thanks but no thanks for the southern "metis" link. I am on a few real Metis sites and also general yahoo discussion sites that have many mixed blood and full blood people on them.