Author Topic: Thunder Medicine Eagle AKA Bethlehem Taylor AKA Sun Eagle Heart  (Read 19613 times)

Offline mysticknt

• I Love YaBB 2!
Bethlehem Taylor (Thunder Medicine Eagle), a Rainbow Elder and Pipe Carrier, and a much respected and well known medicine teacher. "As a Medicine man, I've had to walk the blue road of difficulty and understanding of the west. And, of all the many different spiritual paths that I have walked, the native American path of harmony and balance, love and beauty, is the one that is the most profound and totally humane. And, it is this path that we shall share together."

[Al's note: changed the title of thread.]

http://www.campscene-directory.co.uk/sacredearth/sacredearth1.html
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 11:26:58 am by educatedindian »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Thunder Medicine Eagle
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 12:43:05 pm »
Rainbow Elder?

And a real medicine man doesnt call himself one. No such thing as a pipe carrier either except among Nuagers.

Oh those poor people hanging around in rotting tipis in the damp of Exmoor.

"Sweat lodges are mixed, so for modesty: men wear shorts/bathing trunks, women shorts/Knickers and bra/tank top or sarong. Women on their moon are not excluded."

Im trying to picture those poor women on their period during a sweat, looking silly in sarongs not realizing that's the Other Kind of Indian.

Hope none of those bras have the little bits of metal. Tank tops seem like theyd be really uncomfortable.

"VERY SORRY - No Dogs - NO Drugs"

Sorry Rainbow Family.

Their camp seems to be an incredible hodgepodge feeding off the Green and vegan scenes.
http://www.campscene-directory.co.uk/index.html

Offline ravenhair

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 04:30:15 am »
hello evey one first there are pipe carriers orvile looking hourse happends to be one and my great uncle foolscrow was also a great carrier and advisor for A.I.M saying that if you guys are going to say something to someone at least k now what you your self are talking about thunder medicine eagle is a fraud under investigation by A.I.M for trading indian relics stolen from sacred areas

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 01:55:56 pm »
Hi Ravenhair, welcome and thanks for the information. Anything else you could add would be a help. What was it he'd stolen and from where? When did he steal them?

I've read a couple of statements about the title "pipe carrier" coming from AIM and Lakota leaders, saying it was a title Nuagers slapped on.

http://loveministries.org/Articles/Indian.htm
Vine Deloria, "They insist that they are 'pipe-carriers,' an office that has rather hazy historical and cultural antecedents. No definition is ever given of the exact duties of the 'pipe-carrier,' except that he or she can perform all the ceremonies that a shaman can perform....Now everyone, from movie-stars to gas-station attendants, has claimed to be an authorized 'pipe-carrier.'"

If some Lakota are using it now instead of what they once did, keepers of sacred pipes, that's sad and an example of wasichu influence. Seems like every other Nuager claims to be a "pipe carrier" and that devalues the title, regardless of if Natives imitate Nuagers by using it themselves. Worst case I know of is this.
http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:5DepkpaVPPcJ:64.177.81.3/william-scott-anderson-blue-otter-runningbull.html+false+%22pipe+carrier&hl=en
http://zenpretzeltrick.blogspot.com/2005_02_01_zenpretzeltrick_archive.html

Almost all sources I found on Orville call him elder or medicine person. The only one calling him a pipe keeper was the Nuage/UFO fraud Richard Boylan.

I should thank you though, because doing a search on false pipe carriers has turned up some new names we hadn't spotted before.

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 02:19:44 pm »
thunder medicine eagle is a fraud under investigation by A.I.M for trading indian relics stolen from sacred areas

Hello: the 'Thunder Medicine Eagle' mentioned at the beginning of this thread operates in north Devon, close to my part of the UK. If he's the same person that AIM are investigating, I'd be very interested in learning more about that.

Thanks

Offline piya

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 05:01:26 pm »
Interesting............, let me know also of the investigation, and see what I can do

Piya
To Old To Die Young

Offline TimberlineWarrior

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 11:35:36 pm »
Difficulty walking the Blue Road. I would imagine so, or at least any walking at all. All my understanding the Blue is the Road after the Red Road. Maybe we should rename him Thunder Medicine Zombie.
It seems quite a busy camp and lots to offer, that would take up a lot of days. There are planning regulations and restrictions on camp sites, commercial ones especially. I wonder if this one complies. Maybe an e-mail to the local authorities would be appropiate. I will take that in hand and keep people informed.
After all I do feel it my duty to let this poor zombie find peace.  hehehe

^..^

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 12:02:00 am »
I have indeed e-mailed the local authorities expressing concern about this camp, not only it's use, but as a camp site itself. I also pointed out that to hold sweat lodges would involve an open fire and open fires are banned on Exmor.
Holding any event in the UK, especially this kind, involves various regulations that we call Health and Safety. For this event there would have to be fire regulations to comply with and also a qualified first aider on hand. Doubtful in both cases, this was pointed out as well as the fact that not long ago there were two deaths (the ones in Australia) from amateurs holding sweat lodges and Devon would not appreciate the publicity this would attract.
I hope mr zombie likes hornets, I think I've just stirred a nest of them up.

^..^

Offline ravenhair

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 05:38:19 am »
hello every one I tried sending everyone orvile looking horse and his meeting he had about the pipe but the message was to long if you need me to send it to you please leave e mail adress and i will.as far as duties to carry a pipe sounds to white to me (duties) its not wether you can carry the pipe its wether the pipe can carry you said a true spiritual leader crow dog my relation.I can not comant to much on the pipe for the pipe is for the people and by the people it is lakota way.I can say that we smoke the pipe so we can go bacik to grand father who ever c
arries the pipe must be humble outside of that who knows but we are no one to try ro figure it out leave that to ther frauds ans shamans like it rolls out so easy out of plastic wanabes fakeians>as far as medicine eagle god what a stupid name there is no word for medicine in any of our languages i cant speak ont to much but i do know that he is a fraud and under investigation for violations of 1999 act of indian relics for sale and sacred items i will post more in it as i learn more ok thank you

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 07:49:35 am »
It looks as if we're not the only ones expressing concern about this. I have already had a reply from the local authorities there and they are now aware that he performs teaching there. To them any form of teaching needs special permits as it becomes a school. The site does not have permission to be a school and unless they can comply will be closed- legally.

^..^

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 08:06:56 am »
i will post more in it as i learn more

Thanks, Ravenhair, much appreciated.

The site does not have permission to be a school and unless they can comply will be closed- legally.

[Cartman]Kick ass![/Cartman]

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
Bethlehem Taylor and "Camp Scene"
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 01:18:36 am »
Does anyone know anything about a Bethlehem Taylor who claims to be a "Medicine Man"..."Pipe Carrier"....and a "Rainbow Elder"??

http://www.campscene-directory.co.uk/index.html

Camp Scene

http://www.campscene-directory.co.uk/advertise.html

Just a little about who runs this...

How To Advertise with Camp Scene Directory
To advertise in next years Camp Scene Directory 2009 or on this web site Please Telephone the Editor Bethlehem Taylor
Tel: 01884 881467
or
Contact the Office:- 3. Rainbows, Stoodleigh, Devon. EX16 9QQ
CAMP SCENE DIRECTORY is a yearly A3 production, published in late February. The deadline for advertising is 31st Jan. The 2008 print run 7500 was distributed by all the advertising camps, New Age Centres, Libraries, Health Food Shops, Bookshops, and alternative venues throughout Britain. and in Europe. Camp scene also takes advertising in all the major new age magazines , spring and summer inviting a SAE for a free copy of the Directory.

Advertisers are also listed on this well known web site with links for display advertisers to their own page advertisement and to their own web site. For an additional cost you can have your web page on this site further developed with pictures, text and links. Please ring for details The Editor Bethlehem Taylor of SACRED EARTH CAMPS has been involved in the running of camps for over 12 years. He can thus offer advice on the promotion of your event.

From the office he runs a help and information line to help direct people to a camp suitable for their interests.
Invitations to advertise in the 2009 publication, a Newsletter Booking Forms and Rate Cards are distributed in late November
Please ring now on 01884 881467 or e-mail on bethlehem@campscene-directory.co.uk to ensure you are on the mailing list.

When camp organisers think of promoting their event - CAMP SCENE DIRECTORY is their FIRST CHOICE

http://www.campscene-directory.co.uk/sacredearth/sacredearth1.html

Each Camp has a different theme with teachings and activities to match and will include:-

A sweat lodge.
Workshops in Tipi(a Rainbow Medicine Lodge)
Pipe and other Ceremonies
Medicine Walks in the Wild Woods
Sacred Sweat Lodge Ceremony
Council Fires
Sacred Path Teachings
Dance
Chanting and Drumming
Story Telling
Star Gazing

Camps co-ordinated by Bethlehem Taylor (Sun Eagle Heart), a Rainbow Elder and Pipe Carrier, and a much respected and well known medicine teacher. "As a Medicine man, I've had to walk the black road of difficulty and understanding of the west. And, of all the many different spiritual paths that I have walked, the Native American path of harmony and balance, love and beauty, is the one that is the most profound and totally humane. And, it is this path that we shall explore together."

http://www.campscene-directory.co.uk/sacredearth/sacredearthmedwheel.html

Welcome to the Wisdom Teachings of the Medicine Wheel Way.
The spiritual tradition of the Native North American Indian.
It is good to remember that this way of human emancipation, is in its essence a mystic heart path and comes from a nomadic, oral culture. Thus, there are few books on the subject.

As a spiritual path it is very simple, practical and earth loving, but also highly sophisticated and deeply mystical. The medicine wheel acts as a map, so that on our journey of discovery, we don't get lost in some 'ego' back alley.

As a spiritual path of personal growth and progression, it has to be lived. And, as we do so, the wheel will turn, as the seasons turn and reveal to us DIRECTLY, its teachings, wisdoms and sacred powers, aiding us on our adventure of liberation.

The medicine wheel way is the love song of the Earth and the Sky, a medicine song of harmony in creation, enabling us to walk tall in the spirit and in beauty upon the good red road of unity. HO!

The following diagrams may help to explain the first teaching wheels of wisdom. There are seven wheels in total, here are just the first two.

There are no leaders in Unity

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
Re: Thunder Medicine Eagle AKA Bethlehem Taylor AKA Sun Eagle Heart
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 05:37:14 pm »
I appreciate....sorry I didnt realize there was already a thread already here
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 05:39:01 pm by Tsisqua »
There are no leaders in Unity

Sad-Old-Druid

Re: Thunder Medicine Eagle AKA Bethlehem Taylor AKA Sun Eagle Heart
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 10:29:34 am »
He first came to the attention of this forum in 2004 (see ‘Frauds in the UK’, started by TimberlineWarrior, 12 November 2004).

I saw BT’s flyers last year (2011), and he’s still doing it (2012), only more so. Last week he posted flyers around town, one of which was in the window of the laundrette.

Text reads:

--------------------------------------------------------------

SWEAT LODGES
                                  IN
                            TOTNES

[graphic: hoop]

Traditional 4-round (INIPI)
           Sweat Lodge Ceremony with prayers
      to the sacred powers of the four directions
                Starting Saturday May 19th
                             (monthly)

with
            Bethlehem Taylor (Sun Eagle Heart)
           Sweat Lodge Leader  •  Rainbow Elder
          Pipe Carrier  •  Healer and Medicine Man

To book/enquiries: 01803 840 989

Lodge limit of 12  •  Cost £60, concessions £50
                    First-timers welcome

--------------------------------------------------------------

Totnes, Devon, UK.
Some serious education required in this town.

Taylor’s website:

http://www.sacred-earth-camps.co.uk

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:39:28 pm by Sad-Old-Druid »