Author Topic: Pablo Russell  (Read 136165 times)

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Pablo Russell
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2007, 05:22:56 pm »

I checked and found several events/seminars by Pablo Russell in different European countries in the near future, like Germany, Denmark, and Czechia. Below are just a few examples:

http://www.artemisia.de/

Sunday, Sept 30 - Monday, Oct 1 - SOLD OUT

Medicine Wheel I - counseling and healing through the sacred circle
For beginners or for those who want to 'brush up'

The term 'the circle' is a possibility to express the relatedness of all things with each other. It is a perspective in which one affirms one's own experience of the physical world, the world of events, of emotions, of thoughts, and of replationships. The Indians called this circle of life 'the medicine wheel'. By explaining the medicine wheel Pablo Russell gives us a deep insight into understanding life and enables practical counceling. He explains the different stages of life of a person (birth, youth, adult, elder person) on the medicine wheel as well as the development of love, of faith, of trust and of sharing within these stages and their deeper meaning in the life of a person. Participants of this seminar will learn to integrate this knowledge into their own lives and start a path of healing. A healing which takes place on all four levels, the emotional, the mental, the physical and the spiritual level.

Pablo Russell is a fullblood Indian of the Blackfoot Tribe in Alberta, Canada. His Indian name is "Shooting in the air". He is an Elder of his tribe, a respected teacher, medicineman, sundancer and sundance leader. Pablo was brought up by his grandparents with the Blood Indians and the traditional and secret knowledge of his tribe was given to him in the direct line. Pablo Russell is an extremely charismatic personality and a great story teller who
touches and opens the hearts of people with his humourous and sensitive ways.

Please bring: As we will organize a sweatlodge in the evening, you will receive a list of things to bring along when you book the event.

Fee: EURO 200 incl. sweatlodge

Medicine Wheel 2 - Medicine Wheel I contd.
Fee: EURO 100

The following is taken from Russell's website; please take due note it's a dot-com offering info in several languages. Most of the information on events, however, seems to be in the Danish language section:

http://www.pablorussell.com/index.php?id=arrangementer

Blackfoot sweatlodge ceremonies, lecture, dance, songs, workshop about the medicine wheel
With this site we will try and gather info on all arrangements of Pablo Russell and the persons he cooperates with and all places he got invited to for leading something in Denmark.

Island of Fyn, Sept 2007:

Sept 8, 2007
Building of a new sweatlodge, followed by a sweatlodge ceremony led by Joe Irmer from Germany.
Read more on sundance leader Joe Irmer at www.duebbekold.de
(Translator's note: one of the things the reader will learn about Irmer is that he has been made a Bishop by the Blackfoot nation, so he now claims to be the highest ranking representative of an indigenous nation in Europe! Irmer claims to have cooperated with Morris Crow, too.)

Sept 18-20
Pablo Russell comes to Strandbo in Svendborg
There will be two days of vision quest, workshop on medicine wheel, lecture, and sweatlodge etc.

Tuesday, 18 - lecture in Arhus
Wednesday, 19 - lecture in Copenhagen
Thursday 20 - sweatlodge
Thursday/Friday 20/21 - 2-day workshop medicine wheel Part 1
Friday 21 - sweatlodge
Sat/Sun 22/23 - 2-day workshop medicine wheel part 2
Sat 22 - sweatlodge
Sat - Mon 22-24 - vision quest
Sun 23 - info for participants of vision quest in 2008
Mon 24 - sweatlodge
More details click here
Register for above arrangements:
Ulla Coco Jensen StrandboKurser a/s
Skårupøre Strandvej 54, 5881 Skårup
www.strandbokurser.dk info@strandbokurser.dk
Telefon: +45 7020 6709 / Mobil:   +45 4063 1042

Sept 18 - 28, Fyn Sweat, 2 day vision quest, medicine wheel contact:
Ulla www.strandbokurser.dk

Sjælland oktober 2007, /v Pablo Russell
18.-31. oktober 2007 Helsinge/København

Planned programme:
Fri Oct 19: Workshop Helsinge:  Small dreamcatchers and sweatlodge ceremony
Time: 2-5 p.m. and 5-11p.n.
Helsinge. Pris: Workshop 250,- ex materialer, inkl. te, kaffe og kage.
Pris: Svedehytte 500,- inkl. aftensmad efter ceremonien.
(Translator's note: these prices in Danish Crowns convert to approx EURO 35 for the workshop and EURO 70 for the sweat)

Sat Oct 20: Workshop Helsinge: Medicine wheel 1 + sweatlodge ceremony
Time: 9.30a.m.-5p.m. and 5-11 p.m.
Price: workshop 500 Crowns incl breakfast,
sweatlodge: 500 Crowns incl meal after the ceremony

Sun Oct 21 - Workshop Copenhagen: Medicine wheel 2
Time: 12-5 p.m.

Sun Oct 21 - Singing and Drumming, Copenhagen
Time: 7-9.30 p.m.
Price: 150 Crowns incl tea/coffee and cake (i.e. EURO 20)

Sat Oct 27 - sweatlodge Helsinge
Time: 5 p.m.
Price: 500 Crowns incl meal after the ceremony

Mon Oct 29 - lecture Frederiksberg
Time: 7-9.30 p.m. Bringing up children as seen from Indian eyes.

Bookings for all arrangements at tel: 48 79 63 03/23 44 72 52 or
mail: zita@tisvilde.

Special arrangement with coaching forum:
Tue Oct 23 - lecture "Insights for your life"
Time: 7-11 p.m.
details at  http://www.coachforum.net/

Wed and Thur Oct 24-25: Workshop Native Laadership
Booking of workshop at  http://www.coachforum.net/

Sat/Sun Oct 27/28 Workshop Natural Coaching
Time 10a.m.-4 p.m.
Booking and detailed info at http://www.coachforum.net/

[...]
During the ceremony, Pablo will pour water onto the stones, drums, burns herbs and sings; some of the songs we will learn to sing with him.

The swetlodge ceremony has got 4 rounds (approx 20 minutes per round), and after most rounds you will be able to go out and cool off. After this, we will smoke the Indian pipe and have a meal, which will strengthen truths and wishes that we found out about during the ceremony.
Pablo is the one who will gather all wishes and the pain realeased in the sweatlodge and who will take them to creator. This is where the healing power of the sweatlodge lies.

Practical information:
When the ceremony starts, Pablo or someone else will explain the ceremony, what you will and will not get during the ceremony.
There are many rituals in connections with the sweatlodge and they will be done in English and Danish.

[...]
Donation of rugs
The sweatlodge will get covered with approx 60 woollen rugs, and you are welcome to donate one or more rugs for the sweatlodge.

http://www.coachforum.net/pablorussell.htm

An insight for your life
With one of the most spiritual inspirators and teachers of Indian life philosophy
Tue Oct 23, 7-10 p.m., Copenhagen

Pablo Russell is an Indian with extraordinary gifts. He explains his own deep spirituality in a very practical and down-to-earth way. Meeting Pablo for many persons will be a trip to forgotten dimensions of their own lives, and
an inspiration to deal with the huge questions life poses.
The arrangement is not-for-profit; any surplus goes to Pablo Russell's work with young drug addicts.
Pablo will speak about the following issues:
- What can you learn from animals and nature
- Life, death and the great circle
- Gain a foothold in our own spirituality
- Find your own task in life
. The Indian medicine wheel
- How you can live here and now
- Find the warrior in yourself
- Leading your life, stress and relations
Pablo is a huge inspiration for everybody, no matter which age or gender. He works as a counsellour and inspirator for both leaders and young persons in Canada and Europe. The lecture is meant for all persons, young and old. Pablo Russell is entertaining and humourous, even when he talks about the great issues in life.
Tue Oct 23, 7-10 p.m.
Price: 150 Crowns

Another site quotes a few examples of the knowledge Russell teaches in Europe:

http://www.ecademy.com/account.php?id=89199

Warriors Wisdom:

The Indians divide people into warriors or victims.

# To be a warrior does not mean that you must be aggressive or violent. It means that you are in balance and cares about your relations.

# A warrior put the winds in motion and starts things. A victim gets blown away by the wind.

# A warrior takes responsibility - for themselves, the family, the tribe, the company, the society. A victim pushes the responsibility away, and blames other people if anything goes wrong.

# A warrior is honest and says things short, sweet and to the point". A victim creates a web of small and big lies around them.

# A warrior respects other people. A victim judges other people.

# A warrior is in balance and follows the ways of love. A victim is stressed, confused and full of fear.

It's a life long education to find the warrior path, but it's worth working on every day!

........by Pablo Russell, a Blackfoot from Alberta, Canada

www.tipi.dk/pdf/pablo_folder_2007_b.pdf

Here we get different prices for events mentioned above, e.g.:
Sep 20-21 Indian Medicine wheel part 1 incl sweatlodge: Crowns 1,450 incl accom and food (i.e. EURO 200)

Offline Jamie Hume

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2007, 05:59:31 pm »
Earth I am not trying to be a 'real' Indian person nor am I intersted in being anyone but myself. I am not native. I am getting the impression that because I do not behave in the manner you see fit, perhaps the simple fact that I am making any statement at all,  nothing I will ever say or do will meet your approval.  Am I wrong? If so I am sorry.

I have also met people that hate 'white people'...I term of convenience...that hate white people so much that when they meet a real person, they try to badger them into proving that they are worthy of their hatred and distain because they cannot except anyone who would challenge that perception they want so badly to hold on to.

Some people need to hate. Some people find strength and power in hatred.

Peace to you Earth. I am just a human being. I suspect you know darned well I was not bragging. Besides, what I said is not untypical of the way of speaking here in Blood Tribe Territory. I didn't plan it consciously to look a certain way! People sometimes have to refer to their experience. Have you seen me flinging my 'Indian name' around? No, I have been referring to myself only in so far as I have to to autheniticate my statements. You however, say little or nothing of who you are. That is fine. I am simply drawing a comparrison within this dialogue. However, people here say who they are. That is the 'Indian way' here.

I am not a perfect human being, but I think I carry myself resonably well overall. I can always grow and learn to do better I'm sure. No one here has ever told me I had to be perfect.

Peace, peace, peace.

Offline Jamie Hume

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2007, 06:04:02 pm »
Regarding Websites!

I have not spent my time looking up Pablo Russel on websites. This is still a relatively new journey through cyber space for me. I will definatly have a look now!

Thank you for telling me.

Thank you.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2007, 06:27:14 pm »
Earth I am not trying to be a 'real' Indian person nor am I intersted in being anyone but myself. I am not native. I am getting the impression that because I do not behave in the manner you see fit, perhaps the simple fact that I am making any statement at all,  nothing I will ever say or do will meet your approval.  Am I wrong? If so I am sorry.

I have also met people that hate 'white people'...I term of convenience...that hate white people so much that when they meet a real person, they try to badger them into proving that they are worthy of their hatred and distain because they cannot except anyone who would challenge that perception they want so badly to hold on to.

Some people need to hate. Some people find strength and power in hatred.

Peace to you Earth. I am just a human being. I suspect you know darned well I was not bragging. Besides, what I said is not untypical of the way of speaking here in Blood Tribe Territory. I didn't plan it consciously to look a certain way! People sometimes have to refer to their experience. Have you seen me flinging my 'Indian name' around? No, I have been referring to myself only in so far as I have to to autheniticate my statements. You however, say little or nothing of who you are. That is fine. I am simply drawing a comparrison within this dialogue. However, people here say who they are. That is the 'Indian way' here.

I am not a perfect human being, but I think I carry myself resonably well overall. I can always grow and learn to do better I'm sure. No one here has ever told me I had to be perfect.

Peace, peace, peace.

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1291.0

If you want more information my name is LaDonna Brave Bull
I am enrolled member of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe
my husband is enrolled member of the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
I don't hate white people. in fact many are good friend of mine.
This is what I wrote!

WOW!
I am a pipe carrier with seven years of piercing scars on my arms and hands. I do not take these accusations lightly. If they 'are' true, I consider the implications very serious and appaulogise on my part for all inappropriate actions that have occured associated with our Sundance.
This is why I OBJECT TO OUR PEOPLE MARRYING NON NATIVE
THEY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR OUR TRADITIONS.
Any real indian person would never make these kind of bragging, demeaning statements.
What are the Native people doing in Europe when there own people need help?

There are things a person should NEVER NEVER put on the Internet. I don't care if your red/black/yellow or white. Never put information on ceremonies on line. Do not brag about what you did in ceremonies. I am a pipe carrier with seven years of piercing scars on my arms and hands. It is a private thing between god and you not the internet.
It opens you up to abuse of our culture which is not yours.
In Spirit

me.um.ndn

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2007, 11:49:45 pm »
there is no such thing as med... wheel in blackfoot cult..
or mother earth....
and as far as a bufflo in the storm
well thats a old germany concept only old bull in the storm
plus pabalo talk more about his C/C alter boy days then any thing native
shots in the air didn't even go through a naming cer... to get his name tranfered
Hi jamie, how can you use your X-husbands name when you ran away with his right hand man
j.j if the blackfoot elders teachings' ment so much, why couldn't you stay 2 more day for you elders funeral
stefan you seen how indians take people up to the mountain, all with kindness and all you can do is find how us natives did not dwell on minor errors that happen but focused more on the porpuse of the trip to the mountain

angelo

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2007, 04:42:08 pm »
i am glad somebody speak out the truth about those fake .moneyadiccted twinkie
p.russell .

Offline Kantuta

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2007, 12:28:34 pm »
Hi there,

interesting to read all your posts. I know very little about North American native traditions but he seems pretty fraudulent to me. It makes me angry and I can only imagine how I would feel if I was Blackfoot.

To all of you defending him, why don't you ask him to go online and defend himself?

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2007, 10:15:33 am »
I noticed that the sites for the upcoming events with Pablo in Denmark says that he gives his part of the profit to the young Native drugaddicts that he is working with in Alberta, Canada.

I hope this is true!!  On the other hand, being involved with the selling of ceremonies and giving the money to charity - it´s like dancing with the devil.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2007, 03:26:50 pm »
very true
In Spirit

Offline sam

pablo russsell
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2009, 01:12:35 pm »
Hello my name is Sam
i was in denmark in a Sweatlodge lead by Pablo Russell
i got told he will have a Sundance in Canada and is looking for support there
from people
so i wanna know is his sundance a propper one or does he have any rigths too it?
i dont wanna run in any danger and i heard from some people he just steal away a sundance
i dont know where to research and after i read all the things here maybe its better to stand away

Offline Emmia

Re: pablo russsell
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2009, 08:35:22 pm »
Hello Sam,
my name is Mia and I'm one of your neighbours, from Sweden.
I'll let the other ones in here give you all the information that you need, they have the knowledge.

As an outsider I can only say one thing, the big clue is that he led a sweatlodge in Europe.
Usually I go by what someone who comes over here to Europe does when he/she gets here.
That is usually a sign of what kind of person they are.

In my opinion all kinds of cermonies belong in the culture they were made for/created in, not on the other side of the big pond.

Take care,

Mia

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
Re: pablo russsell
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2009, 01:33:38 am »
I knew the name was familiar; there was a thread on him a few years ago
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=574.0;all

Offline sam

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2009, 08:14:27 am »
Thank you for the information
iwas also looking in the internet on pablorussell.com there is a man from switzerland who is making a fast for preperation for the sundance in canada .
but like i sad i stand away from it its too strange,
sam

Offline Emmia

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2009, 09:22:42 pm »
I checked out the Pablo Russell site a bit more. There's even a copy of that site in Danish with a Danish domain, so there must be some money in it.

I translated some of the Dansih info to send to a Canadian friend of mine, then I thought I could just as well post it here as well.

Take care,

Mia

Fee/donation
The events are not for profit, we are a big group of volonters that work a lot of hours to make this succeed.
Costs for tickets etc and a fitting compensation for the sweat leader means that we expect a donation of the size mentioned at each event.

It also says that if you have problems paying the named sum, contact one of them for a payment plan/deal.

I can understand the fact that an organizing group has costs so they will definitely charge something but looking at the info below it’s obvious
that it’s something they do all the time. Besides this Pablo there’s a Swiss guy who does sweats and he does the same thing.

In the Danish version of the below text it says like in my translation below.
14.03-15.03.09 Denmark Sjælland

Blackfoot singing class and sweatlodge by Stefan Koble
Program Sjælland Denmark By Stefan Kobler
14-03 2009 15.00 - 17.30 Black foot singing and drumming
14-03 2009 18.00-20.00 Blackfoot Sundancemeeting

15-03 2009 11.00 - ca 17.00 Black foot Sweat lodge

Stefan Kobler from Switzerland, who will be leading the sweatlodge cermoni, is adpted into the blackfoot Indian Pablo Russells family.
He has been to Denmark many times before, where he leads sweats on Sydfyn and on Helsinge.
Stefan is a sundancer with the Lakota Indians in South Dakota but is today strongly connected to the Blackfoot people in Alberta Canada, where he is one of the 29 leaders of the sundance.

News

13.03 - 15.03.2009 Germany

Sweat lodge, Medicin wheel Workshop, Seminar By Pablo
13 - 15 Marts 2009 Germany

Sweat lodge etc. by Pablo Russell

13.03.2009 19.00 Seminar: "The Gift of the Buffalo" € 25,- Seminarcenter Wrage
14.03.2009 14.00 Workshop Medicin wheel, € 80,-. Sorbas Garden
15.03.2009 12.00 Sweat lodge, Arpshof, , € 60,-  www.arpshof.de

News

07.08.09 herbcamp Canada

by Pablo Russell
7-08 2009 Canada
The herbcamp will take place from the 7 of august (arrival date )to the 17 of august (Departure date).

You will put up a tipi where you will sleep the whole week and Pablo will teach you about where the tipi comes from. In the evenings there will be story telling by elders in the tipi around the fire and we will sing and drum.

You will pick, dry and use herbs and learn about the spiritual aspect of handling herbs. Its good to bring a knife to dig up herbs and tobacco.

While the herbs are drying we will make drums, rattles, ride horses, sail in canoes and visit historical sites such as the head smashed in buffalo jump. You will see the prearie and the mountains that is one magnificent sight. there will also be time for reflection.

For the women its important to bring skirts to wear for seremonies and herb picking.

Children are welcome, but ther will be no special activities for children they will be in your care and its up to you to make sure they are in a good way while you do activities if they are to young to participate.

The price for one adult is $1000 and for children age 14 and younger $350.

Offline AnnOminous

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2009, 11:14:46 pm »
I'm not sure what all to say, other than that a person would do well to be careful of Pablo Russell.  He is at the very least confusing.  He certainly has a history of violence against women (I have known two of his ex-wives).  I guess everybody can change tho.  He recently brought back a wife/companion from Denmark who actually is not blonde this time but has long red hair instead.  I guess he's trying to mix it up a little.  ::)

Sam, I don't think you would find much support for the notion that he "stole" a sundance.  However, he and his partner Casey Eaglespeaker are starting a new dance this summer in response to their breaking away from the "main" Blackfoot Sundance started over 20 years ago by the now deceased Morris Crow.  So it would be more correct to call it a new dance, but not a stolen dance.  Rumour has it that the dance arbour will be put up on Tsuu T'ina Nation land, not Blackfoot land.

Pablo had apparently signed up some 36 europeans to come and dance this summer but word has it they are not coming til next summer.  I would be interested to know how much he is charging them to come over to dance.  The dancers here will fork out $240 but I presume it will be closer to 10X that for the europeans.  I'd like to see that information posted here.

There's a ton of money to be made in spiritual tourism.  Too bad that some make money at the expense of entire Nations.

That's about all I have to say about that.