Author Topic: Outside  (Read 19983 times)

Re: Outside
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 06:57:40 pm »
The world is a hard place.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 05:56:22 am by critter »
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline E.P. Grondine

• Man and Impact in the Americas
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 09:47:55 pm »
The Innu were hunters of the caribou. They only left their land in the 1940'swhen the government moved them from their hunting camps to permanent villages. One of these groups were placed on an island off the Atlantic coast.The Innu are a people of the land. The Inuit are a people of the sea. The Innu called Davis Islet, "the place of the boss". The government, the Hudsons Bay Company and the RC Church controlled them.They fell into social collapse and it was only revealed decades later that a priest had been abusing the children.

Voila - the taking of the land, the displacement, the disruption. In my view, that's why the land trusts in the original homelands is such an important issue down here in the US. Moving back, reassembling the pieces.

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 12:57:55 am »
Well, we'll see.  I like Obama, and I like what he says he stands for, wants, etc.. but there are more than just him running the gov.  It is not a dictatorship.  He can't just command this or that.  So, I'll believe when I see.. and hope for the best.

What Obama can do is clear out a lot of "less than adequate" appointees from "previous administations". Those people can then take care of those taking 3 hour lunch breaks, and perhaps improve staffing to the point where proper yes or no decision are made and actions taken. So peoples' lands and identities are not stolen, nor are fakes allowed to function. (I can see why the CNO has its view on these issues, but their situation is not true for all.)

The other item is criminal prosecution under Depatrtment of Justice of some of the Plastic Shamans, in particular those whose activities violate federal statutes. Obama can put the people in place to do that.

While there has been some progress, Obama has had a lot of issues coming at him fast, particularly the Taliban and the economy, and there is a lot of damage from the last 8 years that he has to deal with.

I think that at least diabetics on the reservations are getting their insulin now, something which McCain seemed oblivious to, from what I heard.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 01:54:46 am »
One of my kids committed suicide. The other is still alive. Five other kids went on to die by suicide. When they left I told little Joe and his sister Lucy that I would remember them when I saw the stars overhead. They said they would remember me too when the stars shone over Labrador. There's nothing wrong with the Innu that the government didn't do to them.

This is heartbreaking. I read about this last year... I am so sorry you went through this, and for everyone who did. Words fail. Prayer turns into tears.

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 02:18:00 am »
No, I don't want the world to end in catastrophe.  And I don't believe it will.  I just get tired.  E.P. The 2012 thing is a rip off and we have still....  3 more years to go of it.. well, 2 I guess. People are going to become crazier as this all comes up.  Some with fear, some with false belief.. and the fakes and frauds selling ndn and other spirituality will become probably more prominent and more disturbing.  I just saw a thing where some woman is creating a belief that some people on Earth are 'immortals'.  *sigh*

Ndn peoples will just have to hang on ..  as they always have. 

It is heartbreaking what has already been done to them.  It is a powerful people who can withstand 'mainstreaming' ..  by standing their ground against those who wished to over take them, and change them, they have suffered much cruelty.  I do hope the newer governments can do something to alleviate what past gov's have already done to them. 
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 10:30:09 pm »
No, I don't want the world to end in catastrophe.  And I don't believe it will.  I just get tired.  E.P. The 2012 thing is a rip off and we have still....  3 more years to go of it.. well, 2 I guess. People are going to become crazier as this all comes up.  Some with fear, some with false belief..

If someone can just help me get the information about how the cult archaeology ring came about and works out there to the general public, maybe this rip off will come to an abrupt end, and perhaps a lot of the craziness will stop as well.

The last time they pulled it was in 2000, when a planetary alignment was supposed to set off a "pole shift" (crustal shift).

and the fakes and frauds selling ndn and other spirituality will become probably more prominent and more disturbing.  I just saw a thing where some woman is creating a belief that some people on Earth are 'immortals'.  *sigh*

Oh yeah, those people are very "special" people. If someone can just help me get the information about how the cult archaeology ring came about and the beliefs they sell out there to the general public, a whole lot of these frauds and fakes will come to an abrupt end.

critter, have you read my expose yet? If not, PM me for a copy.

Offline NDN_Outlaw

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 12:21:31 am »
E.P. Grondine are you the same person who taught Indigenous Studies at the First Nations University of Canada, Saskatoon Campus Saskatchewan and then later taught Indigenous Studies at Brandon Manitoba ?

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 02:25:02 am »

If someone can just help me get the information about how the cult archaeology ring came about and works out there to the general public, maybe this rip off will come to an abrupt end, and perhaps a lot of the craziness will stop as well.

The last time they pulled it was in 2000, when a planetary alignment was supposed to set off a "pole shift" (crustal shift).

Oh yeah, those people are very "special" people. If someone can just help me get the information about how the cult archaeology ring came about and the beliefs they sell out there to the general public, a whole lot of these frauds and fakes will come to an abrupt end.

critter, have you read my expose yet? If not, PM me for a copy.

I don't know how the cult ring thing of end of the world came into being, but I do believe that 2012 as an 'end' of something has been stated, talked about, thought to be 'known' for well, many years now.  It would be hard to knock it down now..  I don't recall earth crusts or pole shifts with 2000, but that the computers would freak cuz the programming wasn't geared for 00 as a 'date' or something, perhaps having to do with binary codes..  I don't rightly remember, except that it was fun waiting for the clock to tick to see if the world would still have working computers.  LOL   I don't recall it being end of world seriousness .. but then, I'm not really out in the social arena.. 

I saw some trailers for 2012.  Great special effects, but was corny as could be!

Thanks for the offer on your expose, but I'm not much of a reader.  Nothing personal... 

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 03:31:52 am »
E.P. Grondine are you the same person who taught Indigenous Studies at the First Nations University of Canada, Saskatoon Campus Saskatchewan and then later taught Indigenous Studies at Brandon Manitoba ?

Sadly no, but thanks for the compliment.
The name Grondine is held by a large number of Canadians.

Wow - there's a First Nations University of Canada! When I researched my book, there was no one university in the US that had any specialization for the eastern peoples. At least none that I found.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 03:45:07 am by E.P. Grondine »

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 03:40:53 am »
I don't know how the cult ring thing of end of the world came into being,

I do. In detail.

but I do believe that 2012 as an 'end' of something has been stated, talked about, thought to be 'known' for well, many years now.  It would be hard to knock it down now..

It is hard. But if I can just get this information out there, it's done.

Thanks for the offer on your expose, but I'm not much of a reader.  Nothing personal...  

Oh well... perhaps later on...

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 04:14:11 am »

but I do believe that 2012 as an 'end' of something has been stated, talked about, thought to be 'known' for well, many years now.  It would be hard to knock it down now..

Have you tried Oprah?   ;D

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2009, 02:34:37 am »

but I do believe that 2012 as an 'end' of something has been stated, talked about, thought to be 'known' for well, many years now.  It would be hard to knock it down now..

Perhaps I am not handsome enough for television.

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2009, 02:49:37 am »

LOL..  I may have found something for you.. I'm waiting for contact info..  :)  Hoping it is good..  and useful..  not sure yet.  :)

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 06:18:29 pm »
Sorry, the lady is only interested in view points that match her own.  :) 

LOL..  I may have found something for you.. I'm waiting for contact info..  :)  Hoping it is good..  and useful..  not sure yet.  :)