Author Topic: Alyssa Barlow AKA Alyssa Alexandria AKA Adisi Waya & Spots of the Fawn  (Read 41858 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Alyssa Barlow AKA Alyssa Schott AKA Alyssa Alexandria AKA Adisi Waya
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 07:25:16 pm »

"In 1830-1850 my Rhea County TN Aniyunwiya ancestors walked the Trail of Tears to Oklahoma and then traveled across the continent to reach the Northwest coast. There they found themselves on what is now the Hoopa Valley Reservation, embraced by Karuk, Yurok, Modoc, Hupa and other indigenous Klamath peoples. They settled within a tiny pocket of Northwest people, the Yurok, who just like the Eastern tribes and the Aniyunwiya, thousands of miles away, also spoke a variation of the ancient Algonquin language.  My family still holds land on the river at the foot of Bald Hills"

Whackadoodle Alyssa is either flat out lying or she's delusional. Here's her side of the Tennessee family, starting with her great grandmother  Laura Ellen Miller Barlow....

Laura Barlow in Newspapers

Here is the history of Alyssa's great great Tennessee grandfather Thomas B. Miller. It clearly shows that the Miller family was never on the trail of tears.

https://books.google.com/books?id=A4FUM7jX_UMC&pg=PA956&lpg=PA956&dq=%22Thomas+Bell+Miller%22&source=bl&ots=-jnm7RULc9&sig=7iPZ8ZrwpnppRZKQhJpHDuXF0Rk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjS6oTb05vZAhUp5YMKHYNTAk0Q6AEINTAD#v=onepage&q=%22Thomas%20Bell%20Miller%22&f=false

Her claims about the languages are simply false. I wonder where she got them. Or did she lie about them just to impress people who didn't know any better.

Cherokee is not Algonquian. It's an Iroquoian language. Yurok is an Algic language, which are related to the Algonquian.

And if her family did own that land in Bald Hills at that time, it'd be pretty damning. The Bald Hills War included massacres of Klamath and Wiyot.

The idea that Cherokee kept going from OK all the way across the plains to the CA coast is ludicrous. There were equally bad forced relocations, sometimes called California's Trail of Tears. Either Barlow is confusing them, or she's trying to confuse others.

Offline chiquitta

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 12:18:55 am »
Well, it appears she lies about it all to substantiate and legitimize her writings and interviews.  She has been on a radio show called COAST TO COAST and the DJ believes it all.  I think people may be afraid to call her out for fear of being called racist.  But in my book, a liar is a liar. 
I have already been threatened by her with slander but I reminded her slander is when false lies are spread...not truth which is what I am about.  Just be proud of who and what you are!  I am not native but have friends that are.  They don’t appreciate people like, as you say...this wackadoodle!

Offline chiquitta

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 02:08:57 pm »
Please note the other "research needed" request for Alyssa Adisi Waya Alexandria Barlow that has a new book, "Spots of the Fawn".  Her lies just never cease to end! 

Offline chiquitta

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 02:11:42 pm »
Check out another post back in 2012 called "The ancient paths of Shastina" also referencing our lovely author...fake...Alyssa Adisi Waya.  At that time she was going by "Running Wolf" not "Adisi Waya". 
Just another fake book with fake information claiming to be something she is not.  At that time there wasn't the amount of information that there is now about her lineage.  But worth the read.

Piff

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 02:26:09 pm »
Check out another post back in 2012 called "The ancient paths of Shastina" also referencing our lovely author...fake...Alyssa Adisi Waya.  At that time she was going by "Running Wolf" not "Adisi Waya". 
Just another fake book with fake information claiming to be something she is not.  At that time there wasn't the amount of information that there is now about her lineage.  But worth the read.

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3743.msg31341#msg31341

Part of the Ancient Paths site in archives https://web.archive.org/web/20120826120032/http://www.ancientpathsofshastina.com

Offline chiquitta

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 05:50:03 pm »
In a very old post in reference to her other book:  "Influenced: Earth's Power Spots the Paranormal", she talks about how her mother was related to John Muir?  And now she isn't of Cherokee descent but of Modoc? I am not native, but is that considered related to Cherokee?  She just seems to not be able to make up her mind exactly what she is.  This was made when her name was:  Alyssa Runswithwolves Alexandria.  I think she changes her name so that the truth can't really catch up to her or at least makes it harder to keep track of it all.

"Born of Modoc lineage on her paternal side and a descendent of naturalist John Muir on her maternal"

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 06:42:07 pm »
Modoc are on the other side of the continent, culturally unrelated to the Cherokee though some Modoc were forcibly removed to OK.

The two threads were merged. Moved to Frauds. She clearly has a long history of abuse and falsehoods.

Barlow has joined this forum under the name Mother of a Wolf. I hope she can clear these matters up and defend all the things she's claimed and done over the years. Some of her family line has a distinguished history, no idea why she feels the need to falsify or pretend.

Piff

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 11:23:34 pm »
So in the past she claimed " ... a descendant of naturalist John Muir on her maternal".

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3743.msg44772#msg44772

She has refined this to saying that her mother is"a great-grand-niece of naturalist, author, and conservator John Muir".

https://www.spotsofthefawn.com/about/

Sure, it could be interesting to be related to John Muir, but I don't see that otherwise this is anything special. This does not mean she has special inherent insight into land, nature, or sacred sites.

John Muir genealogy https://vault.sierraclub.org/john_muir_exhibit/people/genealogy_muir.aspx

"By tradition my mother is "white" and I am native" "I have been struggling to understand our lifelong battle of wills and spirits" https://www.spotsofthefawn.com/spotsofthefawnblog/2017/11/8/the-acorn-and-the-blue-jay

She does not get along with her mother. We've seen this before: white people with life challenges who decide that claiming they are indigenous will fix everything.

Along with everything else, I'd like to know where exactly "Severed Hand" is.

"This book centers on a power spot known as Severed Hand, an area the author studied for 8 years, scouting and identifying indigenous archaeology. It is here within this area of study, a prehistoric ceremonial landscape, she experiences chilling and seemingly very real events such as spirit phenomena, UFOs, sky creatures, light anomalies, cryptids, and ghosts of the ancestors; things all witnessed in what appeared to be “ordinary-everyday-reality” while mapping and photographing this extraordinary location for others. "

"Severed Hand is prehistoric and it seems to thematically echo the US Eastern Mound Builder civilization. However, no direct connection has been established. Only, that a small pocket of Algonquin speaking people still inhabit the Klamath."

https://www.spotsofthefawn.com/

Piff

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 12:51:43 am »
Alexandria says she was raised in multiple Native American traditions which taught her that energies flow through the Earth and nature "like water," with the same waves, eddies and vortexes.

Alexandria spent eight years living alone in the Severed Hand Wilderness near Mount Shasta.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2017/09/02

I don't see any references to "Severed Hand Wilderness" online other than her own.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2018, 02:20:16 am »
http://thecryptoblast.blogspot.com/2017/06/dr-johnsons-bigfoot-book-fallout.html
The following post was written by a Bigfoot fan and researcher, Alyssa Runswithwolves Alexandria on May 27th on Facebook. In it she clarifies how she does not want people to think she endorsed something blindly; something she doesn't agree with. She did not write “Please enjoy reading his book.” And does not support Dr. Johnson's great reveal that Bigfoot are beings of energy and can turn into trees and shape shift.
-----
....My first introduction to the community of Bigfooters was at a conference in 2016, hosted by M. Johnson. I lectured about a prehistoric sacred site called Severed Hand that I’d researched for seven years. I scout, document, photograph, and map the archaeology for private individuals as well as measure the natural energies; telluric currents and anomalous magnetic crossing points. I study energy. I study ancient North American cultures. And it’s felt that these special places, such as Severed Hand, have been deliberately built where they are for a reason. People would be (and still are) catapulted into an involuntary altered state where they perceive the supernatural. I certainly have experienced this. It is the special geology, underground water, and mineralogy in these places, working in tandem with the natural earth energies. They effect the brain. However, I am not saying the experiences are not real. I’m saying they have yet to be understood. Especially when physical traces are found of these experiences. Of which, I have also experienced.

To be transparent, I do practice shamanic methodology, so for me, the supernatural is just fine. It’s just another day at the office. And M. Johnson’s conference was all about the supernatural aspects of what the Bigfoot community calls “Forest People.” Forest People are a part of the paranormal lexicon; they remain unexplained but are not defined as Bigfoot within the broad community of researchers and experiencers. Bigfoot, also unexplained, is said to be a flesh and blood relic hominid or undiscovered primate who also “perhaps” exists in our remote forests and wilderness. And then there are some who feel it is the same Being, as in “walks in two worlds.” Something my own culture feels is viable. But I leave it up to you to discern your own judgement, there are no rules or accepted facts to date that I know of. Because no one has scientifically proven Bigfoot exists—or not.

I loved lecturing last year at M. Johnson’s conference, it was a joy. I met many wonderful people. I also met Bob Gimlin, who unlike me, is a flesh and blood Bigfooter by his own admission; he was a part of the infamous “Patty Film Footage.”

....I was first approached in a Facebook PM by Matthew to endorse his book: Bigfoot; a fifty year journey come full circle. I expected to read it first, but he said he hadn’t written yet. I felt rude needing to ask but—and-- I had never been to SOHA, his first location of experiences where the infamous portal event had taken place. I had never been to SOIA, the second location, where many people say they had incredible experiences. But I had been to an in-between site which he said the Forest People had led him to. I was there for an hour; I lived very close to it. I saw a single blue orb. And felt some invisible caring hands on my back. I heard energy whip-zinging through the air much like power lines. I was also aware I was in an altered state just like I would be thrown into, involuntarily, within a Spot of the Fawn; I know the feeling well. I went home thinking—his in-between location was a “wild” Spot of a Fawn; a naturally occurring power spot unaltered by the hand of man. I was stunned.

....The statement below is copied from the FB PM column where it was directly sent to him; I chose not to screen shot it. For me, that would be a vulgar violation of privacy.

“Dr. Johnson’s site is located within a magnetic anomaly and composed of unique geology, minerology and underground water. These things are conductive and respond to the magnetosphere each new day as telluric and magnetic energies run across the landscape to create energetic crossing points—whirling vortices which may someday show to be the ingredients of subtle energy portal manifestation. It’s no secret 100 percent of all sacred sites are built upon these natural hot spots. It’s here our indigenous ancestors reported communication with compassionate ‘other-worldly’ Beings. Since I feel our ancestors genuinely knew what they were talking about—it’s no stretch to believe Dr. Johnson’s testimony of ‘Forest People’ who seem to toggle in and out of ordinary reality. The multiverse is stranger than fiction—we’d be fools to think we knew even a whisper of the secrets it still occults from us.” --Alyssa Runswithwolves Alexandria; author-- Influenced; Earth’s power spots and their influence on the paranormal @ 2017

You can find it on page 12, in its new and revised form by Johnson, in his book.

The last sentence which appears to be written by me was not written by me. The sentence I didn’t write reads “Please enjoy reading his book.” He also added “Bigfoot” to my “Forest People.” It now reads “Bigfoot-Forest People.” As I said above, I didn’t want to portray Bigfoot as interdimensional in respect to another faction of the community who feel Bigfoot is purely flesh and blood. He had changed the core meaning of my statement. I didn’t use the term Bigfoot on purpose; it was deliberate.

So I saw the book for the first time at the conference when it was gifted to me with a thank you. I felt good about giving it; my lecture had been a pleasure to do. I saw my quote and then, felt a little pang of concern. Caught up in the moment of the aftermath of my lecture, I pushed the feeling down until I could gather my wits about it. But then, came The Great Reveal presentation by Johnson. I was stunned. This was not the tale I’d heard from him six months previous, in a brief form over the telephone. It was a new and expanded bombshell form; a form of the story I could not even begin to imagine. He claimed he used a machine to keep a portal open of which 20,000 plus interdimensional “Bigfoot-Forest Persons” escaped from a dying planet to inhabit our world. He called them Xanue. They then transformed into orbs and lived in our trees. Orbs were now "Xanues." He claimed he was “chosen” to do this. He claimed he was also chosen "to teach the Beings." Someone named “Zorth” had told Johnson that within nature lives a creature, to us known as Bigfoot, which he has renamed “Treykons,” who at times cannibalize humans. I did not endorse this type of thing at all. This was an epic rewriting of history, complete with new terms and definitions. I did not endorse this; it was confusing and felt extremely bizarre, even to someone like me. Worse, he’d completely rewritten the entire mythology and history of not only Bigfoot, but the Spirits of Place that many native people revere. He single handedly had eliminated my own indigenous ancestor’s mythology in five hours....

Piff

Re: Alyssa Barlow AKA Alyssa Alexandria AKA Adisi Waya & Spot of the Fawn
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2018, 11:29:46 am »
She also is a screenwriter "Alyssa Alexandria" https://www.screenwritingu.com/june-27-2011-alyssa-alexandria-and-nevada-greys-script-begins-filming-july/ The photo here matches photos of her seen in her Bigfoot enthusiast work. There are other notices of her screenwriting online.

IMDB says she  "Played equine polo all over the US and Argentina." http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2980685/

Piff

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2018, 12:52:27 pm »
Her heritage claims have been all on her father's side - Thomas Denham Barlow Jr. (1925 - 2005)

She especially talks about her paternal "Grandpa Den" - this is Thomas Denham Barlow Sr. (1901 - 1995)

Concerning her father, we have here:

his obituary http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3743.msg44709#msg44709
census work starting here http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3743.msg44735#msg44735

Here he is in United States World War II Army Enlistment Records:

Name    Thomas D Jr Barlow
Name (Original)    BARLOW THOMAS D JR
Event Type    Military Service
Event Date    21 Dec 1943
Term of Enlistment    Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
Event Place    San Francisco, California, United States
Race    White
Citizenship Status    citizen
Birth Year    1925
Birthplace    90
Education Level    4 years of high school
Marital Status    Single, without dependents
Military Rank    Private
Army Branch    No branch assignment
Army Component    Selectees (Enlisted Men)
Source Reference    Civil Life
Serial Number    39145601
Affiliate ARC Identifier    1263923
Box Film Number    13976.163

(accessed through familysearch.org which now requires free membership account for searches)

Offline chiquitta

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2018, 01:54:14 pm »
Well, it is apparent that there is a lot of information here that just does not jive with everything that Ms Barlow has been stating for many years in her writings and interviews. 
In one of her statements she spent 7 years living out in "Severed Hand" researching the prehistoric site, then it was 8 years doing the same in another statement.  Then one time she is Modoc, then the next, she is enrolled Cherokee.  Then her mother is "white" but she is "native" (in the same sentence).  I am so confused.  There also seems to be absolutely no record in her ancestry that anyone is Native, as they are all registered as "white" by the census takers, back to the early 1800's. 
To top it off, nobody can seem to find any record of this site called "Severed Hand" near Mt Shasta. 
In the earliest thread started back in 2011 there were some "tours",  for a lack of a better description,  that Ms Barlow was charging her patrons to take them up into these areas of spirituality and do some "story telling" and burn some sage.  I was under the impression that Native Americans do not charge money to take part in any of their customs, if they so choose to share them.  For instance, spending time in a sweat lodge, but for that belief, I could be mistaken. 
Anyway, I look forward to "Mother of a Wolf" to clue us all in on why the need to misrepresent at all?   ??? 

Offline chiquitta

Re: Alyssa Barlow AKA Alyssa Alexandria AKA Adisi Waya & Spots of the Fawn
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2018, 06:38:14 pm »
Very interesting Google search today found more than (5) different variances of Ms Barlow's name on Facebook, one of them even in supposed Cherokee language.  She just continues the delusion without addressing the publics concerns about false representation.  when a person uses many different names it makes them look like they are trying to hide something?   :-[

Piff

Re: Alyssa Barlow AKA Alyssa Alexandria AKA Adisi Waya & Spots of the Fawn
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2018, 08:16:41 pm »
She is not happy with us.

THE SLANDERING OF A FAMILY’S HISTORY
https://www.spotsofthefawn.com/spotsofthefawnblog/2018/2/23/mk91jlnonjmefobgez8yvtlkjg9fag

She seems to assume that everyone researching are actually only one person. She refers to discussion as "public defamation".

Some useful parts:

Accusation one: In 2010 I referred to Modoc lineage which to me meant “traditional lineal knowledge.”  It was in reference, specifically, to the art of tracking animals and people of which I learned from a neighbor at Wecpus we called “Uncle.” It was on a hiking website and used incorrectly by me; in ignorance. The website existed for a brief few months until 2011 and then was deleted.  ... I am not Modoc.

Accusation two:  I have no Cherokee heritage.  I have always understood that federal census records conflict with stories and information shared with me by my father and grandfather. Tracing the lines of a family’s mixed ancestry is an extraordinarily difficult and challenging task, even for a professional genealogist. ... My world-view and understanding of my family’s heritage and ancestry was shaped through the stories, experiences and memories of growing up with my grandfather–not a notation in a government census record.

This is inaccurate. The Cherokee people are very well documented. Professional Cherokee genealogists can do this work.

What community claims her?

As a child, I spent every summer on the Reservation with my Grandfather who rooted me in Yurok traditions; it has shaped my life in a profound way. My Grandfather was a part of the Klamath community, participated in the ceremonies, made his own canoes for the Boat Dances and “lived Indian” for 8 months out of the year.  One complaint of Native Purists is if you don’t grow up on a reservation, you are not Indian.  Fact is, I did grow up on a reservation; every summer of my life from 1959 to around 1972.  My Grandfather was not Yurok. He, of course, was Cherokee and was embraced by the Yurok community. No one in our family is enrolled Cherokee and for Cherokee Peoples that is accepted and respected openly.

https://www.spotsofthefawn.com/spotsofthefawnblog/2018/2/23/mk91jlnonjmefobgez8yvtlkjg9fag