General > Frauds

Carlos Castaneda

<< < (2/29) > >>

debbieredbear:
Oh, so now with the snide remarks? When YOU could easily go to google and finds this stuff on your own? 

custodian:

--- Quote from: debbieredbear on April 09, 2007, 04:41:51 pm ---Oh, so now with the snide remarks? When YOU could easily go to google and finds this stuff on your own? 

--- End quote ---
No Debbie, I am actively researching these claims by you as we speak...you just responded faster than I expected.  :-*

...so far I have partially scanned the Wikipedia website and found all of what you quoted EXCEPT any commentary about  UCLA revoking the PHD granted to Castaneda. Next step is UCLA.

debbieredbear:
You do resalize that wikipedia isn't the most reliable source don't you? Even THEY will tell you that. It's a good source, but sometimes the info is slanted deopending on who wrote the entry.

Now I am off to live in the real world.;)

custodian:

--- Quote from: debbieredbear on April 09, 2007, 05:17:16 pm ---You do resalize that wikipedia isn't the most reliable source don't you? Even THEY will tell you that. It's a good source, but sometimes the info is slanted deopending on who wrote the entry.

Now I am off to live in the real world.;)

--- End quote ---

Debbie, I am aware that Wiki is the product of its readers and ful of biases and opinions.

This I found at this Russian website. It appears to be a portion of a larger comment by one of Castaneda's many critics. What is odd about it is that the word "revelation" is used in substitute for "opnion"...

--- Quote ---What is most interesting is the response that has greeted the revelation that Castaneda's works are fictional. First, there has been no real attempt to revoke his Ph.D., based as it is on fraudulent "research." Secondly, as de Mille ... documents, the response among many anthropologists and others who share the Don Juan type of philosophical outlook has been neutral.
--- End quote ---

Nonetheless it does appear to confirm that UCLA never yeilded to the efforts by DeMille to have Castaneda's works reclassified as being fiction and then have his PHD revoked.

I will visit UCLA next.

custodian:

It is interesting that just as my research was revealing that the commentary by Debbie Red Bear was not accurate and that UCLA never did declare the writings of Carlos Castaneda as being fictional and that UCLA never did revoke the PHD granted to Castaneda, someone name 'educatedindian' moved this entire thread into the "frauds" catagory either by accident or as an intentional attempt to side-step all intelligent investigation of this matter?

Why would any educated being, indian or otherwise, try to prejudice a discussion like this right in the middle of a sincere investigation?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version