Author Topic: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"  (Read 1149628 times)

Offline Twinkie_Slayer

Re: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"
« Reply #405 on: December 20, 2010, 04:32:44 am »
If you email them to me I can get 'em posted.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #406 on: December 20, 2010, 04:38:12 am »
Thanks :) I'll email em in the morning when I'm back on my computer.

Offline Spandex~Atom

« Reply #407 on: December 20, 2010, 05:00:37 am »
"Each student must be encouraged to take responsible measures to confront teachers with unethical aspects of their conduct. If the teacher shows no sign of reform, students should not hesitate to publicize any unethical behavior of which there is irrefutable evidence. This should be done irrespective of other beneficial aspects of his or her work and of one's spiritual commitment to that teacher"
-His Holiness the Dalai Lama (Letter to the Sangha on Western Buddhism)

.com/comptarot/tarotindian.htm[/url]

Yep, which is alot different from saying to people to disregard their 'mind-consciousness' and just 'switch the channel' when coming accross anything that makes them feel 'negative'.
What's really bizarre is how much people will spend to be told over and over again that where they should be seeking the truth is within, how we are all One, and the interconnectedness of all things. Like yeah. Don't spend any more money on people telling you about it. 

If you want to heal the earth go and do something practical as well as sitting and sending love energy. You can even do that while gardening or washing the dishes with eco-friendly dish-soap.

Offline oneforall

« Reply #408 on: December 20, 2010, 05:07:39 am »
All you need do is right click on the photo of your choice, then choose "copy image url" , paste the url into the message box, next highlight the url text, then select 'insert image' second from the left of the second row of formatting options.  Basically following what you would do if you wanted to include an active link, same protocol just a different function.  Hope this helps

"Little Grandmother in Meditation" from her website

Does this say it all?  Imagine having a photographer handy to take a photo of you "meditating"!!!  ::) I can only imagine that the followers will now go sit in the water to meditate "properly" along with having their crystals in place to connect to Mother Earth or else!  How on earth can people not see this for what it is?  Out of all the plastic shame-ons i have now read about and all their antics i am quickly coming to see that KC-LG is the most ridiculous of them all?  This is truly PATHETIC.   :o

Offline Spandex~Atom

« Reply #409 on: December 20, 2010, 05:15:18 am »
This is the sort of ignorance that we are trying to break through (truly ignorant in the sense of the word, and not meant as a jibe):

STOP BUSTING MY CHOPS- AND TRAILING MY POSTS- What you're posting is False information!!!
Kiesha Crowther never claimed to be a Shaman from any one of those Tribes that you posted.
Those people are completly STUPID to think that she is even speaking for them. Thier names never were mentioned once in all of her You tube video broadcasts. They are simply trying to Divert attention away from her awsome messege of love and peace. People freak out when they hear someone actually trying to send a messege of love these days, and automatically jump tp conclusions and think they're tyring to form a cult or somthing. WISE UP, She's a spokes person for her tribe- get it?
In my opinion, her claiming to be a wisdom keeper, isn't all that bad either- she has great wisdom to tell everyone, Love.
Jesus Christ agrees with me too

People simply don't register what she says for some reason. I'm beginning to wonder at the enormity of the 'selective hearing' going on. It's truly baffling.

Offline oneforall

« Reply #410 on: December 20, 2010, 05:33:18 am »
This is the sort of ignorance that we are trying to break through (truly ignorant in the sense of the word, and not meant as a jibe):

In my opinion, her claiming to be a wisdom keeper, isn't all that bad either- she has great wisdom to tell everyone, Love.
Jesus Christ agrees with me too

People simply don't register what she says for some reason. I'm beginning to wonder at the enormity of the 'selective hearing' going on. It's truly baffling.

It is as it is in that people hear what they want to hear and god help you if you challenge that which does not hold up,  as you can see this particular person also speaks for Jesus Christ.  Not to worry about those who cannot yet see through things, their time will come, but do not forget those who have been reached and who had been questioning things.  We have put the nail in that coffin and so then the time spent to show what is false was not wasted.  As mentioned we live in a delusional population who thinks nothing of the exploitation of anything.  The only thing meaningfull to these people is all that is plastic, this is all they know,  and this is why the planet is in such disarray!  Meanwhile Carry On - FORWARD!

Offline Spandex~Atom

« Reply #411 on: December 20, 2010, 05:41:56 am »
TY oneforall, your right it's important to think of those that the message is getting through to :-)

Here are some of her claims, again:

http://littlegrandmother.net/UKEVENT.aspx
"Kiesha Crowther, also known as “Little Grandmother,” was initiated as shaman at age 30 by her mother’s tribe (Sioux/Salish),  and has been recognized by the Continental Council of Indigenous Elders  as Wisdom Keeper for North America, responsible for guiding the “Tribe of Many Colors.” "
"Since being initiated on her path as shaman and Wisdom Keeper, she has begun to share prophecy and teachings and to conduct sacred ceremony. She bears the responsibility for carrying and communicating earth wisdom and the ancient prophecies for our current age."

http://www.tribeofmanycolors.net/news-and-urgent-messages/response-to-misinformation-on-the-web.html
"Is Kiesha Really Native American? Is she a Legitimate Shaman?
Kiesha’s maternal side of the family is Sioux and Salish, and comes from the Flathead Reservation in Montana. Even though Kiesha did not grow up among tribal traditions, and had grown up away from the tribe, she was nevertheless made a shaman and recognized as a shaman by the elders of this tribe at age 30 (she had actually been recognized and marked out at age 8 as a future shaman while attending a tribal ceremony.) However, (and this is important), Kiesha was told by these elders that her “tribe” was to be the “Tribe of Many Colors”."

She bears the responsibility for carrying and communicating earth wisdom and the ancient prophecies for our current age

Please, followers of Kiesha, just take on board what this is saying here, exactly.
What it is saying is that she is THE ONE who is put in place for all to look up to as the channel of wisdom and ancient teachings for ALL PEOPLE OF THIS AGE to turn to for these truths!

This is a VERY EXTRAORDINARY CLAIM!.

Where is the proof?

Offline oneforall

« Reply #412 on: December 20, 2010, 06:19:34 am »
"Do the names Sun Bear, Wallace Black Elk, Oh Shinna Fast Wolf, Brook Medicine Eagle, Harley Reagan Swiftdeer, Buck Ghost Horse, or Mary Thunder mean anything to you? Well, they should, because these pseudo-medicine quacks are passing themselves off as Native American spiritual leaders. Native American spirituality has become a fad to many New Age non-Indians and their naivete is being exploited to the limit by plastic medicine people, much to the dismay of traditional elders. Practicing Native American spirituality out of the context of Native American culture diminishes the integrity of both.
Many of these people are actually Indians who are spreading false rituals for profit. The rest are white men and women who claim to be Indian. For the most part they have changed their names to Indian names to lend authenticity to their flock.
One way to tell if these people are legitimate is whether they go into the Native American communities they claim to be from and perform the same rituals."
(Wendy Rose (Hopi))

It seems that in time the name of Kiesha Crowther - Little Grandmother will be added to this list, but the immensity of this "problem" is daunting.  Look at all the names not mentioned.  There is a Divine Intelligence that can be summoned and this intelligence is NOT the noisy mind chatter, and it DOES come from a deepness of the heart, a quiet sacred place that is all so very private and personal.  One does not access it through teachings, books, seminars, crystals or other outer manifestations.  One need not sit in water, wear certain clothing, hold crystals, or any other thing, one must simply be silent and in privacy OPEN to that which is just a heartbeat away, awaiting ones discovery.  We can not teach anyone anything, these revelations we receive are for us and never meant to be made into some dogma.  This is the follower mentality of self-aggrandizement that all religions practice, it is a lie and leads not to peace and love and unity but to insanity, exploitation, separation, and depravity.   To steal from NDN people in any way is such a travesty, as they have died just to keep and to have the right to practice their faith.  It takes great strength to be able to forgive the transgressions that time has wrought, and yet this i understand is key to going forward.  Such a tight-wire to walk this crazy life.  To walk it in TRUTH is everything and nothing, what a paradox.  Oh well just keep on keepin on and smiling at the reflection in the other side of that mirror i guess.  INTEGRITY can not be taken by anyone or anything.  Those that mislead others have themselves been misled and it seems to go round and round, until someone comes along, sheds some real light on the "merry go round", and those who were wondering already, jump off to land squarely on the sacred ground. Off the gold plated misery go round of the deluded ones, never to return.  Victory!  That is worth it then for those who were ready and just needed a little "help" The ones still riding that ride will unfortunately just get dizzier, but this is their choice. 

Forgive me if this is off topic, but i had to get it off my chest.  Way past my bedtime. 

Offline Saga

« Reply #413 on: December 20, 2010, 09:40:58 am »
She bears the responsibility for carrying and communicating earth wisdom and the ancient prophecies for our current age -

Please, followers of Kiesha, just take on board what this is saying here, exactly.
What it is saying is that she is THE ONE who is put in place for all to look up to as the channel of wisdom and ancient teachings for ALL PEOPLE OF THIS AGE to turn to for these truths!

This is a VERY EXTRAORDINARY CLAIM!.

It is also very egoistic claim, when you are doing it yourself and seemingly lack the proof. I mean, it is healthy to know your own value, but if you go around searching for people who to proclaim it... Everyone stumbles in it occasionally ofc, but for "normal" person with not to extraordinary "gifts" it stays quite small. This stuff with "chosen" ones always makes me think of hollywood...

Claims to be superior or to have superior people backing you up like this are also good sign of insecurity in the person and desire to build your own person stronger by lifting it through others or any achievement which is elevated and/or exaggerated or desire just be acknowledged by other people in whatever means by roles you are playing (victim, bully, "saint", know it all...). I should know, I've been fighting this thing often with myself in the past. Takes one to know one. :p Altho, I prefer not to lie about my "achievements", where's the honor in that and how would you actually learn to appreciate and respect yourself at all either, when not being truthful about who you are, where you come from and what you do. But in any case, for a person like this, the phone call from "elders" would work very well, so she could be used by others in this as well, if it is planned well enough to keep her under charm. And she would be thankful to tears too, to spread the "message". Altho... the info about being an artist and poet... I know how well we "artists" can boil up good stories and relate to different sorts of people to find just the way to act to catch them and to almost magically know what to say to get attention in different situations, just don't want to think that she would be that thoughtless, and plain evil, that she would have cooked it all up by herself. (Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble....)

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #414 on: December 20, 2010, 10:05:46 am »
Well, since NOONE (not even The Dalai Lama) would make tha claim about being THE communicator of earth wisdom for the world, I guess the position is free. After all, she has said that she is the Creator and you can´t get much higher, can you?

Seriously, sometimes when I try to make people open their eyes, it is actually easier to go along with ridiculous claims, pretending they are true. Then ask questions based on these claims until followers are pushed over the edge, so to say, seeing how impossible it is. Quite often it works better that way.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:21:24 am by Freija »

Offline Saga

« Reply #415 on: December 20, 2010, 12:20:46 pm »
To some it does work better that way, yes. :)

I have started to ask if creating your own world means that you can create yourself a new past and background you always wished to have as well, and if it means that it is true after you declare it being so... And saying that if remembering who I am means that I have to start pretending to be something I have not born to be - which creates guilt and shame and is disrespectful to both myself and the thing I am trying to pretend to be - I rather just create myself a good life and future without "remembering" who I am suppose to be and just be truthful to myself and others... :p

All this makes me thinks some political propaganda in the shades of history... Where people were led to think certain things as good things and to skip all the critic... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda)

From Wikipedia:
Propaganda campaigns often follow a strategic transmission pattern to indoctrinate the target group. This may begin with a simple transmission such as a leaflet dropped from a plane or an advertisement. Generally these messages will contain directions on how to obtain more information, via a web site, hot line, radio program, et cetera (as it is seen also for selling purposes among other goals). The strategy intends to initiate the individual from information recipient to information seeker through reinforcement, and then from information seeker to opinion leader through indoctrination.

A number of techniques based in social psychological research are used to generate propaganda. Many of these same techniques can be found under logical fallacies, since propagandists use arguments that, while sometimes convincing, are not necessarily valid.

Some time has been spent analyzing the means by which the propaganda messages are transmitted. That work is important but it is clear that information dissemination strategies become propaganda strategies only when coupled with propagandistic messages. Identifying these messages is a necessary prerequisite to study the methods by which those messages are spread. Below are a number of techniques for generating propaganda:
Propaganda to urge immigrants to move to California, 1876

Ad hominem
    A Latin phrase that has come to mean attacking one's opponent, as opposed to attacking their arguments.

Ad nauseam
    This argument approach uses tireless repetition of an idea. An idea, especially a simple slogan, that is repeated enough times, may begin to be taken as the truth. This approach works best when media sources are limited or controlled by the propagator.

Appeal to authority
    Appeals to authority cite prominent figures to support a position, idea, argument, or course of action.

Appeal to fear
    Appeals to fear and seeks to build support by instilling anxieties and panic in the general population, for example, Joseph Goebbels exploited Theodore Kaufman's Germany Must Perish! to claim that the Allies sought the extermination of the German people.

Appeal to prejudice
    Using loaded or emotive terms to attach value or moral goodness to believing the proposition. Used in biased or misleading ways.

Bandwagon
    Bandwagon and "inevitable-victory" appeals attempt to persuade the target audience to join in and take the course of action that "everyone else is taking".

Inevitable victory
    Invites those not already on the bandwagon to join those already on the road to certain victory. Those already or at least partially on the bandwagon are reassured that staying aboard is their best course of action.

Join the crowd
    This technique reinforces people's natural desire to be on the winning side. This technique is used to convince the audience that a program is an expression of an irresistible mass movement and that it is in their best interest to join.

Beautiful people
    The type of propaganda that deals with famous people or depicts attractive, happy people. This makes other people think that if they buy a product or follow a certain ideology, they too will be happy or successful.

Big Lie
    The repeated articulation of a complex of events that justify subsequent action. The descriptions of these events have elements of truth, and the "big lie" generalizations merge and eventually supplant the public's accurate perception of the underlying events. After World War I the German Stab in the back explanation of the cause of their defeat became a justification for Nazi re-militarization and revanchist aggression.

Black-and-white fallacy
    Presenting only two choices, with the product or idea being propagated as the better choice. For example: "You're either with us, or against us...."

Classical conditioning
    All vertebrates, including humans, respond to classical conditioning. That is, if object A is always present when object B is present and object B causes a negative physical reaction (e.g., disgust, pleasure) then we will when presented with object A when object B is not present, we will experience the same feelings.

Cognitive dissonance
    People desire to be consistent. Suppose a pollster finds that a certain group of people hates his candidate for senator but love actor A. They use actor A's endorsement of their candidate to change people's minds because people cannot tolerate inconsistency. They are forced to either to dislike the actor or like the candidate.

Common man
    The "plain folks" or "common man" approach attempts to convince the audience that the propagandist's positions reflect the common sense of the people. It is designed to win the confidence of the audience by communicating in the common manner and style of the target audience. Propagandists use ordinary language and mannerisms (and clothe their message in face-to-face and audiovisual communications) in attempting to identify their point of view with that of the average person. For example, a propaganda leaflet may make an argument on a macroeconomic issue, such as unemployment insurance benefits, using everyday terms: "Given that the country has little money during this recession, we should stop paying unemployment benefits to those who do not work, because that is like maxing out all your credit cards during a tight period, when you should be tightening your belt."

Cult of personality
    A cult of personality arises when an individual uses mass media to create an idealized and heroic public image, often through unquestioning flattery and praise. The hero personality then advocates the positions that the propagandist desires to promote. For example, modern propagandists hire popular personalities to promote their ideas and/or products.

Demonizing the enemy
    Making individuals from the opposing nation, from a different ethnic group, or those who support the opposing viewpoint appear to be subhuman (e.g., the Vietnam War-era term "gooks" for National Front for the Liberation of South Vietnam aka Vietcong, or "VC", soldiers), worthless, or immoral, through suggestion or false accusations. Dehumanizing is also a termed used synonymously with demonizing, the latter usually serves as an aspect of the former.

Dictat
    This technique hopes to simplify the decision making process by using images and words to tell the audience exactly what actions to take, eliminating any other possible choices. Authority figures can be used to give the order, overlapping it with the Appeal to authority technique, but not necessarily. The Uncle Sam "I want you" image is an example of this technique.

Disinformation
    The creation or deletion of information from public records, in the purpose of making a false record of an event or the actions of a person or organization, including outright forgery of photographs, motion pictures, broadcasts, and sound recordings as well as printed documents.

Door-in-the-face technique
    Is used to increase a person's latitude of acceptance. For example, if a salesperson wants to sell an item for $100 but the public is only willing to pay $50, the salesperson first offers the item at a higher price (e.g., $200) and subsequently reduces the price to $100 to make it seem like a good deal.

Euphoria
    The use of an event that generates euphoria or happiness, or using an appealing event to boost morale. Euphoria can be created by declaring a holiday, making luxury items available, or mounting a military parade with marching bands and patriotic messages.

Fear, uncertainty and doubt
    An attempt to influence public perception by disseminating negative and dubious/false information designed to undermine the credibility of their beliefs.

Flag-waving
    An attempt to justify an action on the grounds that doing so will make one more patriotic, or in some way benefit a country, group or idea the targeted audience supports.

Foot-in-the-door technique
    Often used by recruiters and salesmen. For example, a member of the opposite sex walks up to the victim and pins a flower or gives a small gift to the victim. The victim says thanks and now they have incurred a psychological debt to the perpetrator. The person eventually asks for a larger favor (e.g., a donation or to buy something far more expensive). The unwritten social contract between the victim and perpetrator causes the victim to feel obligated to reciprocate by agreeing to do the larger favor or buy the more expensive gift.

Glittering generalities
    Glittering generalities are emotionally appealing words that are applied to a product or idea, but present no concrete argument or analysis. A famous example is the campaign slogan "Ford has a better idea!" This technique has also been referred to as the PT Barnum effect.

Half-truth
    A half-truth is a deceptive statement, which may come in several forms and includes some element of truth. The statement might be partly true, the statement may be totally true but only part of the whole truth, or it may utilize some deceptive element, such as improper punctuation, or double meaning, especially if the intent is to deceive, evade, blame or misrepresent the truth.

Labeling
    A euphemism is used when the propagandist attempts to increase the perceived quality, credibility, or credence of a particular ideal. A Dysphemism is used when the intent of the propagandist is to discredit, diminish the perceived quality, or hurt the perceived righteousness of the Mark. By creating a "label" or "category" or "faction" of a population, it is much easier to make an example of these larger bodies, because they can uplift or defame the Mark without actually incurring legal-defamation. Example: "Liberal" is a dysphemism intended to diminish the perceived credibility of a particular Mark. By taking a displeasing argument presented by a Mark, the propagandist can quote that person, and then attack "liberals" in an attempt to both (1) create a political battle-ax of unaccountable aggression and (2) diminish the quality of the Mark. If the propagandist uses the label on too-many perceivably credible individuals, muddying up the word can be done by broadcasting bad-examples of "liberals" into the media. Labeling can be thought of as a sub-set of Guilt by association, another logical fallacy.

Latitudes of acceptance
    If a person's message is outside the bounds of acceptance for an individual and group, most techniques will engender psychological reactance (simply hearing the argument will make the message even less acceptable). There are two techniques for increasing the bounds of acceptance. First, one can take a more even extreme position that will make more moderate positions seem more acceptable. This is similar to the Door-in-the-Face technique. Alternatively, one can moderate one's own position to the edge of the latitude of acceptance and then over time slowly move to the position that was previously.[9]

Love bombing
    Used to recruit members to a cult or ideology by having a group of individuals cut off a person from their existing social support and replace it entirely with members of the group who deliberately bombard the person with affection in an attempt to isolate the person from their prior beliefs and value system—see Milieu control.

Lying and deception
    Lying and deception can be the basis of many propaganda techniques including Ad Homimen arguments, Big-Lie, Defamation, Door-in-the-Face, Half-truth, Name-calling or any other technique that is based on dishonesty or deception. For example, many politicians have been found to frequently stretch or break the truth.

Managing the news
    According to Adolf Hitler's propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels "The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over."[10] This idea is consistent with the principle of classical conditioning as well as the idea of "Staying on Message."

Milieu control
    An attempt to control the social environment and ideas through the use of social pressure

Name-calling
    Propagandists use the name-calling technique to incite fears and arouse prejudices in their hearers in the intent that the bad names will cause hearers to construct a negative opinion about a group or set of beliefs or ideas that the propagandist wants hearers to denounce. The method is intended to provoke conclusions about a matter apart from impartial examinations of facts. Name-calling is thus a substitute for rational, fact-based arguments against the an idea or belief on its own merits.[11]

Obfuscation, intentional vagueness, confusion
    Generalities are deliberately vague so that the audience may supply its own interpretations. The intention is to move the audience by use of undefined phrases, without analyzing their validity or attempting to determine their reasonableness or application. The intent is to cause people to draw their own interpretations rather than simply being presented with an explicit idea. In trying to "figure out" the propaganda, the audience forgoes judgment of the ideas presented. Their validity, reasonableness and application may still be considered.

Obtain disapproval or Reductio ad Hitlerum
    This technique is used to persuade a target audience to disapprove of an action or idea by suggesting that the idea is popular with groups hated, feared, or held in contempt by the target audience. Thus if a group that supports a certain policy is led to believe that undesirable, subversive, or contemptible people support the same policy, then the members of the group may decide to change their original position. This is a form of bad logic, where a is said to include X, and b is said to include X, therefore, a = b.

Operant conditioning
    Operant conditioning involves learning through imitation. For example, watching an appealing person buy products or endorse positions teaches a person to buy the product or endorse the position. Operant conditioning is the underlying principle behind the Ad Nauseam, Slogan and other repetition public relations campaigns.

Oversimplification
    Favorable generalities are used to provide simple answers to complex social, political, economic, or military problems.

Pensée unique
    Enforced reduction of discussion by use of overly simplistic phrases or arguments (e.g., "There is no alternative to war.")

Quotes out of context
    Selectively editing quotes to change meanings—political documentaries designed to discredit an opponent or an opposing political viewpoint often make use of this technique.

Rationalization (making excuses)
    Individuals or groups may use favorable generalities to rationalize questionable acts or beliefs. Vague and pleasant phrases are often used to justify such actions or beliefs.

Red herring
    Presenting data or issues that, while compelling, are irrelevant to the argument at hand, and then claiming that it validates the argument.

Repetition
    This is the repeating of a certain symbol or slogan so that the audience remembers it. This could be in the form of a jingle or an image placed on nearly everything in the picture/scene.

Scapegoating
    Assigning blame to an individual or group, thus alleviating feelings of guilt from responsible parties and/or distracting attention from the need to fix the problem for which blame is being assigned.

Slogans
    A slogan is a brief, striking phrase that may include labeling and stereotyping. Although slogans may be enlisted to support reasoned ideas, in practice they tend to act only as emotional appeals. Opponents of the US's invasion and occupation of Iraq use the slogan "blood for oil" to suggest that the invasion and its human losses was done to access Iraq's oil riches. On the other hand, supporters who argue that the US should continue to fight in Iraq use the slogan "cut and run" to suggest withdrawal is cowardly or weak.

Stereotyping
    This technique attempts to arouse prejudices in an audience by labeling the object of the propaganda campaign as something the target audience fears, hates, loathes, or finds undesirable. For instance, reporting on a foreign country or social group may focus on the stereotypical traits that the reader expects, even though they are far from being representative of the whole country or group; such reporting often focuses on the anecdotal. In graphic propaganda, including war posters, this might include portraying enemies with stereotyped racial features.

Straw man
    A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting a superficially similar proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

Testimonial
    Testimonials are quotations, in or out of context, especially cited to support or reject a given policy, action, program, or personality. The reputation or the role (expert, respected public figure, etc.) of the individual giving the statement is exploited. The testimonial places the official sanction of a respected person or authority on a propaganda message. This is done in an effort to cause the target audience to identify itself with the authority or to accept the authority's opinions and beliefs as its own.

Third party technique
    Works on the principle that people are more willing to accept an argument from a seemingly independent source of information than from someone with a stake in the outcome. It is a marketing strategy commonly employed by Public Relations (PR) firms, that involves placing a premeditated message in the "mouth of the media." Third party technique can take many forms, ranging from the hiring of journalists to report the organization in a favorable light, to using scientists within the organization to present their perhaps prejudicial findings to the public. Frequently astroturf groups or front groups are used to deliver the message.

Thought-terminating cliché
    A commonly used phrase, sometimes passing as folk wisdom, used to quell cognitive dissonance.

Transfer
    Also known as association, this is a technique that involves projecting the positive or negative qualities of one person, entity, object, or value onto another to make the second more acceptable or to discredit it. It evokes an emotional response, which stimulates the target to identify with recognized authorities. Often highly visual, this technique often utilizes symbols (e.g. swastikas) superimposed over other visual images (e.g. logos). These symbols may be used in place of words.

Unstated assumption
    This technique is used when the idea the propagandist wants to plant would seem less credible if explicitly stated. The concept is instead repeatedly assumed or implied.

Virtue words
    These are words in the value system of the target audience that produce a positive image when attached to a person or issue. Peace, happiness, security, wise leadership, freedom, "The Truth", etc. are virtue words. Many see religiosity as a virtue, making associations to this quality affectively beneficial. Their use is considered of the Transfer propaganda technique.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 02:11:42 pm by Saga »

Offline goozih

« Reply #416 on: December 20, 2010, 01:01:08 pm »
lets all create a you tube video saying "i'm LITTLE GRAND MOTHER"... "NO I'M LITTLE GRANDMOTHER"...

Offline goozih

« Reply #417 on: December 20, 2010, 01:22:44 pm »
Actually I am going to make a video and say " Kiesha Crowther is pretending to be a native american shaman of the Sioux Salish tribe... I am an American Indian pretending to be Kiesha Crowther" ;)

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #418 on: December 20, 2010, 02:20:13 pm »
I recieved a pm from Ashla this morning.  Due to personal circumstance she will not be able to actively participate for the time being.

Ashla - Thank you so much for your imput in this issue.  It's been very much appreciated.

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #419 on: December 20, 2010, 02:57:05 pm »
Actually I am going to make a video and say " Kiesha Crowther is pretending to be a native american shaman of the Sioux Salish tribe... I am an American Indian pretending to be Kiesha Crowther" ;)

;D  ;D

I might make a video (leaning against a runestone) saying I´m THE spokesperson for ALL shamans from ALL over the world. Not just North America.... I mean, c´mon!!

What if we all did that? 100 of us claiming that title   ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 03:01:14 pm by Freija »