General > Research Needed

Tallige Cherokee of Ohio

<< < (2/7) > >>

educatedindian:
These were passed onto me about the Tallige. I'll try to ID each email to avoid confusion.

-----
Subject: Dr. Richard Allen
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:47:17 -0500
I am sending this to your e-mail address because I am not authorized to speak for Dr. Richard Allen or the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma.
You can reach Dr. Richard Allen at the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma.
He speaks for the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma and Chief Chad Smith.
I do know that a video tape was made of the reburial and Dr. Richard Allen has a copy of it, but I don't have a copy of it. I don't know if you can get a copy of it or not.
We have been trying to get an audit of the so called "Tallige Cherokee Nation" for several years.
Collins was ask to step down several years ago.
He keeps saying that they are recognized by the State of Ohio.
The only recognition he had was from the Scioto County Commissioners because he coned them in to a letter of recognition.
Dr. Richard Allen wrote a paper a few years ago that explained it all.
I can e-mail a copy of that to you if you would like.
Best regards
Elmer Kanati Boggs

-----

Then from the Tallige, followed by Allen's reply to them.

-----

Mother Nation - Tallige Cherokee Nation
Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:21PM
Subject Walk Always
Osiyo
It has come to Tallige Cherokee Nations attention that several people are calling themselfs tallige cherokee indian people.
These are walk aways and deserters from the real Tallige Cherokee Nation. They have continued to use a slightly changed title to there group.
Any messages you recieve under that name is not from the Mother Nation and should be ignored. We have numerous times in the past declared their disassociation.
For any information about the Tallige Cherokee Nation or Tallige Fire Association vist us at www.tallige.com
Oliver Collins

-----

Howdy,
It has come to the Cherokee Nation’s attention (the real and only Cherokee Nation) that there are numerous entities claiming to be a new Cherokee band, clan, tribe or nation. They all make up names like Tallige now what the heck does Tallige mean?
So, Mr. Collins do you recall when you claimed not to be Indian but only a member of a “genealogical society???? I do. I have it on video tape.
Richard Allen

-----

More from Boggs about the leader of the Tallige.

-----

Subject: Re: Some articles of interest 4 you all
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:48:45 -0500
We will help you anyway we can.
Let me know what you want to know.
We had the problem a year or so ago about Oliver Collins and a Pat Holley giving out Mohawk BIA cards, "unsigned".
I believe Holley said he had to pay back about $1,500.00 for the cards.
I also thing there was a Dr. Goings from South Carolina involved.
Oliver Collins and Barbara Crandell tried to become speakers for all Indians in Ohio.
We got that stopped and now, for the time being, they are a little quiet.
We have had our hands full the last few years....
We do have people that will help if they can.
The information you sent us is what we have been looking for.
When you read the paper I sent you, you will see what I said about Oliver Collins is true.
He said he is related to me, but I don't know. His wife is related to me.
Oliver Collins is white.
I have my genealogy back to the Treaty Signer, Cherokee John Boggs.
Wado
Elmer Kanati Boggs

----

Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 23:10:23 EST
Subject: Re: Some articles of interest 4 you all
....I was and am the Public Relations Officer for our organization and have the letters I mentioned, the article from the Portsmouth Daily Times on the burial of the 47 remains that were talked about Dr. Allen. I have a letter I sent to Jonathon Taylor well before he was sent to jail for some missing funds from the Bingo and Gaming money....
Best regards
Elmer Kanati Boggs

----

Then from an ex member, Russell "Strongbow" Cooper's accounts of the Tallige.
ETA: The older Collins was never convicted nor charged with a crime. The son mentioned as having died is in fact still alive. A different son passed away.

-----

Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 17:48:37 EST
 Let me introduce myself I am Russell Cooper, I come from aniyunwaya full blood grandparents of the Col-lee or Col-lee-chee family of the wolf clan, my father was apart blood Oneida decended from Polly Cooper.
 I first met Olliver Collins in the early eighties as you stated at that time he was a business executive who was brought in by Tallige group to help them acquire funding in order to get themselves established.At first he seemed legit and really seemed to want to make a difference.His efforts in combating Mr. David Kuhns a shyster lawyer and part time archeologist for the Ohio Historical Society who was responsible for the partial excavation of the effigy bird mound on U.S.52 at West Portsmouth is commendable. However as the group grew and recognition for their efforts grew so did Olliver's ego as well as greed. He soon started claiming to have discovered a bloodline then set the by laws to read that the principle Chiefs position was a lifetime position and started calling himself UKU, this s when anyone who had strong bloodlines they could prove such as I or anyone started voicing their opinions they soon were forced out of the group by one means or another.
 While there I served as Town Chief and then later Olliver had me installed a tribal speaker a position he invented to keep me quiet. He told me that a Principle Chief should never have to speak to the people that they always had a tribal speaker who spoke for him or relayed what he wanted told. Well sir anyone who knows me knew that would never work for I speak from the heart and have my own mind.
 Anyway enough about me for now lets get back to Olliver. As I stated he was running a company as a business executive making surgical equipment to sell over seas. he had convinced many of the area business men and doctors ect. in the area to invest in his corporation. However one day they found the corporation to be reportedly bankrupt and all the investment money gone. Olliver claims his business partner took the money and ran to Turkey where he could not be expedited. Olliver's wife Erma as you stated nearly went to prison because of documents she had signed as secretary .Their lawyer Charles McCray did end up serving a little over a year because of some signatures on some signature loans he had acquired for the company. As stated he mysteriously was found dead in his home due to a gas leak his wife also perished in this freak accident.
 Olliver soon let the lease on the effigy bird mound )he had swore to protect until death did them apart) fall thru and go back to the county. he then sold the double wide office trailer and office equipment which tribal members had went as cosigners to purchase.To my knowledge none of these members were ever reimbursed for the items sold.Olliver then moved the group to a piece of land he purchased in Adams County that was owned by three partners one of which is a doctor. Last I heard they too had been cheated out of the payment on the land. Olliver then purchase the property at Lucasville and started a Bingo Hall under the Cherokee name. Elmer Boggs and myself spent countless hours on the phone and writing letters to the IRS the Attorney General and anyone else we could get to listen about Mr. Collins. Little has been done but the last I heard he was audited and his license for bingo revoked. Mr Collins is now leasing the former bingo hall to a man who is running a country music jamboree or show featuring local singing talent every Saturday night.
  Mr. collin's son Mark did die of mysterious circumstances but it was not in Ollivers home but in a trailer his son owned. Mr. Collins had the body cremated as you stated almost immediately and had the memorial service at the Bingo hall in which he took donations to pay for the burial expenses.
  I would gladly share any and all information I have in exchange for any and all information you have on Mr. Collins. As for myself My life is an open book so any further information on myself you may like to inquire please do so. I believe if we can work together we may just one day be able to rid the native people of this fraud Mr. Collins. For until we do the true native people here in Ohio will never have credibility.
With Much Respect
Russell Strong Bow Cooper

TheRebel:
Hate to open up a new can of beens on this old topic but this has revelance to Oliiver Collins Selling Mohawk cards AKA  Metis Cards AKA red cards.

Supporting Document I believe to be forgery:

Whats wrong with this picture is Looks like some things are whited out only to write over in hand writing what who ever wanted to be there.
Another big flag is the Signature of Olliver Collins is similar to the hand writting mostly the "C"'s
Also the signature of [Brent "Tali Yona" Palmer(Medicine Man)]  As it was pointed out to me By a member of the EBCI , That was a big clue there they claim of "medicine man" "is crap" as it was explained to me.

I tried my best to dechipher all the signatures in that document so here we go starting from top to bottom:

Dave " TIE' HWAK NAIM "  McIntyre - Mohawk Council

Oliver "yona" Collins  - P.C. Tallige Cherokee Nation

Brent "Tahli Yona" Palmer - Medicine man , Tallige Cherokee nation

Mathew "Running Wolf" Collins - Clan Chief {I believe this is Olivers son who had died and was at the time of his life a Clan Chief to the Tallige}

The last 2 bottom names is not legible to my eyes to type out. If anyone else can dechipher and type it out , edit my post here and type them. Please?

Here is a supporting Email document:

[i]Again Since the document is not in perfect readable form. I will do my best to type it out to make it more clear.[/i]

--- Quote ---To: unreadable
Subject: Agenda for the confederate tribes of original people Jan 17?-19 portsmouth, Ohio

please contact chief oliver collins tallige cherokee nation for directions at  ??? - ??? 0154?  or at the bingo hall at 743? -  ??? 9153

CONFEDERATE TRIBES OF ORIGINAL PEOPLE

Agenda for confederate tribes of original people Portsmouth ohio january  17 18 19 2002
west? nation Tallige Cherokee Nation

January 17  agenda oppening address 9:00am

Roll call of Mohawks and allies
Roll call of invited nations
Roll call of state representatives and honored guests

presentation by mohawk council , on who we are and what were doing ie treaties , land claims

presentation and discussion NAGPRA by Tallige Cherokee Nation

discussion and presentation on establishing ohio indian affairs commission
open forum

Display of treaties and wampum belts by Mohawks and allies

Question and answer period for state representatives and honored guests

revisitation of historic alliances with Mohawk council and wampumsand treaty exchange with allies

Alternative energy presentations by Floyd ?????

Traditional  ??? victor smith

Iroqouis style ?? singing ?? by james eagle
--- End quote ---

Bare with me as there is a second page for me to show and type out. I'll get  the second page up and typed out in a few hours.

1:47 am  12-4-07; Continuation of supporting documents:

--- Quote ---January 18? 9:00am opening address

Mohawk Council presentation on upcoming jurisdiction case

Presentation on cild welfare and tribal child custody

Open discussion on unbiased testing for ? children as well as alternative education

The great law discussion

3:00 Grand council of mohawk council and allies

7:00 Iroqouis style social?  james eagle ??

january 19 opening 9:00

Grand council confederate tribes of original people

Pipe Ceremony and closing.
--- End quote ---

debbieredbear:
Do the Mohawks know about this? And what real tribe lists a person as "medicine man" on a document. These people never cease to amaze me with their BS.

Moma_porcupine:

--- Quote ---Alternative energy presentation Floyd Montour
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure if this helps, but it looks like Floyd Montour is someone who is connected with the
Six Nations.

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=797613&auth=Michael-Allan+Marion

"Mike Quattrociocchi, a former city councillor and owner of Mayberry Homes, went in front
of officials at the Haudenoshaunee Development Institute to plead for understanding on
Tuesday evening, hours after Confederacy members Floyd and Ruby Montour and a handful of
supporters took over the site of his four-duplex development."

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=795276
"On Tuesday, Six Nations community members Ruby and Floyd Montour and a small number of
 supporters stopped work at a Brantford housing project being developed by former city
 councillor Mike Quattrociocchi."

"Brantford builders have no proof that the Montours represent the Confederacy or the
elected band council"

http://photos.brantfordexpositor.ca/mycapture/enlarge.asp?userphoto=0&theevent=380403

I am not sure who the people are, who post in the Six Nations Reclaimation forum , ( the link below )
but if they are Mohawk
(in cyberspace it's hard to be sure)
they might be able to tell you who Floyd is and help you get in touch with Floyd and maybe he could tell you
what is going on.  If he has gotten involved with this group it may be he doesn't know everything about who
these people are. 

http://www.reclamationinfo.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2717

frederica:
Floyd Mountour is a Six Nations Elder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version