Author Topic: New name/term for fruads  (Read 4022 times)

Offline White Horse

New name/term for fruads
« on: September 12, 2009, 01:26:59 pm »
I was talking to a new friend that wanted to learn about Native Culture. She explained that she visited some ceremonies that a large group of frauds hold regularly. She explained that she didn't feel comfortable around these people and she said they felt like "Spiritual Predators" to her. She went in with eyes wide open and quickly realized that they will basically do anything for money. One person that was making a request did NOT have the money they requested so they refused to "help" this person.

Spiritual Predator !!!  I like that term !!!!!!!!       

White Horse
Living that life, some consider a Myth!

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: New name/term for fruads
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 03:20:48 pm »
It is a good term. Cause most of the frauds are just that, spiritual predators.

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 03:43:43 pm »
Hi White Horse

One of the things I have noticed from participating here is that calling people frauds and non frauds is kind of overly simplified as there is frauds ( people who aren't who they say they are ) and exploiters , (people who may be who they claim to be, but are using this in a way others feel are disrespectful, and selfish and destructive  ).

Some frauds and exploiters know they are frauds and exploiters, and other frauds and exploiters may be unaware / confused or delusional. Some of these people may be basically nice people and it really hasn't even occured to them that what they are doing or supporting is creating problems.

I guess people who are Spirtitual predators would be the worst kind. The ones who know they are exploiters and don't care.

Offline uktena

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 01:03:50 am »
Hi, Mama, I've read a lot of your posts here, and I'm always happy to read what you have to say.  I personally use the word "phony" as the most general term for someone representing himself as something that he clearly is not.  He may, as you say, just be fooling himself, or he may be deliberately fooling other people for his own personal gain.  So I guess in my mind, the progression goes something like:

Phony > Deluded > Fraud > Exploiter > Predator

I didn't have that last one in my mind clearly until just now, but it's right on the mark.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 07:26:49 pm »
There are definitely Spiritual Predators out there. It's not a new term, though: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2225.0