Author Topic: Chalise Brooke Medicine Eagle and Sunny Baba  (Read 114164 times)

Offline milehighsalute

Re: Chalise Brooke Medicine Eagle and Sunny Baba
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2014, 04:36:41 pm »
you guys ever see the stupid women of wisdom video on youtube? brooke cracks me up.....maria yraceburu is even funnier

Epiphany

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2015, 11:10:50 pm »
Brooke says she has sold her place in Washington state. http://www.medicineeagle.com/

She is active in the Red Tent movement. And she is giving seminars through out Europe this year.

Her Facebook page is now Brooke Bebes Medicine Eagle. In her book Buffalo Woman Comes Singing she says Bebes is a childhood nickname, and that her birth name was Emaline.

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2015, 06:02:45 pm »
Brooke says she has sold her place in Washington state. http://www.medicineeagle.com/

She is active in the Red Tent movement. And she is giving seminars through out Europe this year.

Her Facebook page is now Brooke Bebes Medicine Eagle. In her book Buffalo Woman Comes Singing she says Bebes is a childhood nickname, and that her birth name was Emaline.

What is the Red Tent movement? 

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2015, 06:07:27 pm »

What is the Red Tent movement? I hope it isn't what I think it is.

Epiphany

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2015, 09:10:01 pm »
 Red Tent looks like their version of women's lodges.

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2015, 02:56:45 am »
Red Tent looks like their version of women's lodges.

Please, no offense to all the white women on NAFPS, you're the best and NAFPS couldn't operate without you. But, what is up with all these middle-aged white women and their obsessions with this particular bodily function? I don't get it.

Lim lemtsh,

Diana

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2015, 01:39:01 pm »
Please, no offense to all the white women on NAFPS

Don't worry – none taken.

But, what is up with all these middle-aged white women and their obsessions with this particular bodily function? I don't get it.

We discussed the issue of a certain obsession with bodily functions in Nuagers before – the middle aged white boys, however, seem to be more preoccupied with their rear end, given all the names including the term 'wind', as in „Turtle Winds“ or „Wind blowing hot“ (what did the guru tell them – that this was the „Indian“ term for „Silent But Deadly“?  :-X ).

So it seems that the white boys get stuck in their anal stage, i.e. an age between 1.5 and 3.5, while white girls make it to pre-pubescence. Now, that's progress, innit?

Epiphany

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2015, 09:53:32 pm »
A founder of the Red Tent Temple movement is ALisa Starkweather http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3932.msg32912#msg32912

Speaking of all that wind, we can add Walks With Wind, the guy in Australia who claims he is a "Navajo Shaman".

I'm sure Brooke is getting all sorts of ego boosts by participating in this.

The time has come to give voice to women’s silent stories, to reverse cultural shame and taboos - by finding the true depth, insight, and soul-nourishment inherent in our Menstrual Cycle. The Red Tents In Every Neighborhood World Summit: an inspiring and empowering Online event for women, which will start on February 1st, and continue for the entire month of February, which is dedicated to the Celtic Goddess Brigid.

http://www.medicineeagle.com/index.php/storylines/full-story/red_tent_summit_2015

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2015, 06:53:04 pm »
Yeah, there's nothing Celtic about it, either, and it's offensive for them to try to pull that off. If you go to the main page on here and search on Red Tent, there are a lot of the psuedo-tantric sex traffickers who are using these events as a way to recruit.

The neoplaygan "moon lodge" started in the 1980s as a pretendian thing created by Brooke Schiavi. But she told all the non-Natives that it was a traditional NDN thing (not sure what tribe she said it came from. I think she told the gullible white woman that all tribes did it). Susun Weed started one and then within a short period of time there was a "moon lodge" at every neopagan white people gathering. All the women who participated in those things firmly believed it was an NDN tradition that had been "shared" with all women, "because the elders said so." :( Of course, these "elders" were all frauds.  I've heard white women confidently explain that this is an oooold traditional Native thing. They would set up a structure like a nuage sweat lodge, but usually just out of sheets, and women would go in there. Some would do rituals, others would just hang out and draw on the walls or chat with the other women.  It started out as a thing just for women on their moon, then the women-only space tended to get set up in the same area and it became merged into some of the formerly-unrelated women's rituals.

Here's a bunch of the stuff white women have written about it:
Background: http://www.susunweed.com/moonlodge.htm
Nuage expansion: http://www.deannalam.com/summit-3/

Calling it "The Red Tent" and making it more elaborate and mainstream nuage, and making a lot more money off it, seems to have happened after Anita Diamant wrote a novel with that in the title. I haven't read Diamant's book, so I can't say what that's about except I think she brought in some Middle Eastern and maybe Biblical stuff. *shrugs*

The groups are all over the place now, and every one I've looked into is full of appropriators. They try to claim what they're doing is "universal," but that just means they've misappropriated from a handful of different cultures. There is some hard core misinformation about brown people being spread in these, usually all-white, groups.

You know, we might want to start a thread on the Red Tent thing itself, and compile the various mentions we have on the forum into one spot.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2015, 07:01:40 pm »
So it seems that the white boys get stuck in their anal stage, i.e. an age between 1.5 and 3.5, while white girls make it to pre-pubescence. Now, that's progress, innit?

If you look on the links Piff and I posted, there's a lot of women naming themselves "wind" as well. One of them is Vincent LaDuke's ex ("Marlise Wind," a white woman who used to go by "Wabun Wind") who seems to be attempting a comeback with this stuff. 

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2015, 07:29:56 pm »
Probably need a thread on Marlise James aka Wabun Wind aka Marlise Wind too.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2015, 10:00:54 pm »
Heads up Ingeborg, she's coming to Germany in May:
http://www.medicineeagle.com/events-offerings/

That page says May:
14-15 in Schafhausen
23-25 in Steyerberg
May 29 to 31 in Extertal

She's also doing Malta, France, and England. One event in London is at the Rudolf Steiner House.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2015, 02:51:57 pm »
I had just given lecture to a group of Native women this last week
and that was the question where did these white women come up with the ideal of
a moon lodge, we find it offensive and want it stopped.
It is Native belief that women on their moon don't come to ceremony are not allowed
on the grounds, if a mood lodge is set up we are told to burn it down,
what is wrong with people
In Spirit

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2015, 03:43:13 pm »
I'd assume it's because of the money... For one, it is or rather was (because it's nothing new) an attempt to become interesting for those women in that part of the women's movement who turned to Nuage resp Nuagey concepts, and hopefully lure in some more from among the not so Nuagey women's libbers. Then of course plastics will also make an extra profit from selling ceremony to women who happen to be in their moon time, so they don't have to turn down any participants (and – God, karma or whoever forbid! - lose a few bucks in fees) – it's a trip cancellation insurance Nuage style. Another aspect of course is that these ceremonies were not only 'sacred', but also secret (yup, so very secret the ndns themselves never heard of them...), so this appeals to White Privilege and entitledness - „It's ndn? It's secret? Then we want it!“.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2015, 04:26:10 pm »

Here is a link to a new article on what this fraud is currently up to. Europeans beware, hold on to your wallets:

https://blog.psiram.com/category/english/