Author Topic: Sequoyah Trueblood??  (Read 74197 times)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sequoyah Trueblood??
« on: January 03, 2005, 06:05:02 pm »
A "Choctaw Wisdomkeeper"??? Somehow, I have a problem with a Choctaw with a Cherokee name. I see his name associated with some good people and some twinks like Humbug man. Anyone know him?

Offline JosephSWM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Sequoyah Trueblood??
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 06:16:34 pm »
Did a search on his name and came with a few listings. Here are some

http://www.4worlds.org/healingourselves/pressrelease.htm

http://www.zeropoint.ca/heartIV8asequoyah.htm

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 10:04:05 pm »
At the sites Joseph gave us I saw what you saw Debbie, obvious phonies like Humbug and Diane Fisher. But William Commanda is pretty respected.

4Worlds.org is mixed bunch itself, seemingly a good goal of changing modern medicine to fit with traditional but selling all kinds of nonsense to twinks.

And listen to "Sequoyah's" story:
Since 1999, Sequoyah has spent periods of time with the aboriginal tribes of northern Columbia...
   Sequoyah explains that..."the mamos  ... are not born of this Earth.  They were transferred here from other Planets to care for the internal engine, the motor that drives the space-ship Earth.???  (1999) Through visions, teachings on the inner planes and direct experience, Sequoyah learned of the para-normal faculties of the Mamos, who are said to work directly within the world of spirit, communicate telepathically, travel out of body and through higher dimensions....The origins of this region are tied further to the dissolution of  Atlantis..."

He seriously expects us to buy that a tribe he refuses to name can teach anyone telepathy and about Atlantis?

It seems the tribe he alleges to have worked with was a hoax dreamed up by a British filmmaker.
http://www.seizethemagic.com/lol/05worldinfo/05kogi.html
"This message "LET'S Help the Kogi" is to share a few details about the Kogi, Sequoyah Trueblood's mission of 1999 and how LETS can become a part of our commitment to help the Kogi.
In 1991 Alan Ereira, an English filmmaker made an 88 minute film on the Kogi - an enigmatic people who live in an inaccessible mountainous area of Colombia. This intriguing film travels deep into the mountain jungles of Columbia to meet the Kogi, the last remnant of a pre-Colombian people...
...the Kogi high priests emerged from centuries of isolation to issue a final warning and permitted Alan Ereira to make this film in 1991. At the end of that film they waved and closed a door and vowed that it would be the last time they would try to communicate with the outside world. The film was shown on BBS in Britian and on PBS in America on some occasions in 1991 but the mainstream media maligned the film and labelled it as a "fake" and "quackery"...
The Kogi communicate telepathically and they started to communicate in this manner with Sequoyah Trueblood...
The Kogi Indians are the descendants of the ancient Tairona civilization of pre-Columbian America that vanished 400 years ago."

(Hoax is probably a bit much. They do exist, but there's all kinds of nonsense said about them by Nuagers. Ereira has made a lot of money claiming he's their "ambassador." Ereira is a leading figure in the Rainbow Tribe in Britain.)

And William Anderson promotes him on wovoca.com
http://wovoca.com/prophecy-kogi-columbia.htm

He was at a "Star Knowledge" conference with Diane Fisher/Dyani Ywahoo.
http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/1998/mar/m06-014.shtml

And he sells ceremonies at lots of different twinkie centers.
http://www.rudairiseretreat.com/teachings.htm
http://www.ancientpeacekeepers.com/agenda2004.htm

He does work with a couple youth programs, that could be why respected people like Commanda thought he was OK.
http://www.kootenaywildernesstours.ca/aboutus.asp

Offline VHawkins

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 02:39:50 pm »
Why are there so many people claiming to be from Oklahoma but who do not live here, proclaiming their off the wall theologies some where else? I think it's cause if they made these claims here they'd wind up in the "funny farm".

If there ever was a "made up" name, I'd say it's Sequoyah Trueblood.

vance

Offline JakeAl

• sup
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 07:28:39 am »
All of the outer space stuff is generally claptrap.

Even so, it is not impossible that outer space people are with us earthlings... but it is not probable that they are here with us either.

I'd say a hallucinogenic substance could possibly involved.

I take it all with a grain of salt and marvel at how gullible some people are. It is irratating/annoying to think that there is a contingent of people out there who associate all  natives with these farout tales. It is equally disturbing to think  that some Indians are in the midst of this chicanery ..jus my 2 cents

Jake

Graham Therens

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 11:46:49 pm »
I have known Sequoyah for about 5 years and I have never met anyone who lives the way he does.  He is a pretty amazing man to spend time with.  check out some of the stuff he is doing.  Try and be apart of it.  This might give you some insight to who he is.  Take care G

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 02:24:16 pm »
Graham, are you serious? You really expect us to ignore both the research we've done and the clear evidence ST is an exploiter, just because you say "check him out, I like him"? Are you really this naive?

And as for how ST lives...
http://www.ufoinfo.com/humanoid/humanoid1970.shtml
"Location. Norman Oklahoma
Date: July 4 1970
Time: night
Sequoyah Trueblood was sitting by his pool at his townhouse in Laurel Maryland, watching the children swimming and his wife sitting next to him, when without knowing why, he got up went into the house, changed his clothes, packed a small bag, drove to the airport and took a plane to Oklahoma City. A friend then drove him to Norman. He felt a little strange and wanted to lie down. In a bedroom he was lying down relaxing when he saw a kind of vortex of swirling lights "like a rainbow" into which he was sucked. Sequoyah then found himself standing in a beautiful garden surrounded by hedges. He felt wide awake and in front of him he saw a silvery saucer shaped craft and a shimmering small silver looking being standing on steps that were coming down from the bottom of the craft. The being looked grayish and had a large baldhead with large eyes. The witness sensed that the being was "androgynous" neither male nor female. The being communicated telepathically and told the witness that he had been sent to take him because "they" wanted to talk to him. He agreed to go and walked up the steps with the being. Once inside the craft, Sequoyah heard no sound, but through a small window he saw the moon, the sun, and "millions of stars" instantly go by. Soon the craft was hovering over a beautiful white city in what the witness felt was another planet in another realm or universe. In an instant he was down on the ground. The people in the city appeared to be male and female, wore white robes, and were fair skinned, with "hair that was glowing like the color of sunlight." The small being then took the witness down a street lined with beautiful white buildings not more than three stories in height to a clearing in the woods that seemed like a park. There were a number of people there, and a male said to him that if he would "pay attention"; he could see that people there were living in harmony without war or disease. The people also told him that they did not need foot, for the air they breathed was converted into whatever was needed to sustain life. A sort of leader figure told him that he had been brought to this place to show him the potential of the human race. Soon he asked to be returned and was taken into the craft and then through the vortex and found himself back in bed."

In other words, far from being a super spirchul type or elder living among his (alleged) people , he lives a very well off, even cushy, life peddling to the UFO crowd and selling ceremonies. Even his UFO stories are amazingly generic. The only good I see him doing is his volunteer work at youth camps.

Offline Keguseno

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 08:44:10 am »
Hi folks

Interesting site! ? Don't usually post things on forums but here goes. ? I'm not defending Sequoyah (he's perfectly capable of taking care of himself) but maybe can provide a little context. ?
If you want to get some knowledgeable insight on Sequoyah Trueblood (real name - same as his dad's - and by the way Trueblood was not originally a Cherokee name) you might talk to Harry Charger (Minnecojou wiwayan wacipi leader) or Leo Daychief (Kainai - keeper of the Thunderbird Pipe Bundle), Alex Ahenakew (Cree from Starblanket) or perhaps Gkitsatanamoagk (in BurntChurch) who know him well. ? Or maybe ask Dennis Banks about the time the AIM bro’s tested Sequoyah at the sundance. ? Course you'll have to go in person 'cos like most traditional people ?

Does Sequoyah say and do flaky stuff? ? Yup! ? And… The guy works (often for free) in isolated youth camps in Native communities around the continent - he's the one that will head out on the two week canoe trip with the gas sniffers and doesn't ask for a paycheck. ? And then do it again. ? Has consistently (in the 14 yrs I've known him) given away whatever cash he does make back to the People ? - the guy doesn't even have a bank account (really). ? Continues to donate countless hours of his life to working with prisoners in the toughest jails in Quebec. ? He may speak about experiences with beings from other dimensions, but he's also the guy that makes sure the Brotherhoods get access to the Lodge and have some buffalo meat to eat afterwards. ? Does everyone agree with him. ? Nope. ? Does he live according to the teachings (really putting Creator first, really sacrificing your life and energy to the People, really being deeply accountable to the community, really following the instructions of the Grandfathers no matter how hard it is and how much you don't want to do it)? ? I'd have to say more than most. ?  

I don't know about many about the people who find themselves listed in your forum. ? Based on the ones I do know, I'm sure that the truth in many cases is more complex than it appears. ? Take Pablo Russel. ? Is he traditionally trained? ? Yese. ? Do his actions make some people within his community uncomfortable? ? Yes. ? Do the society members let him sit with them in the ceremonies? ? Yes.

You certainly list some of the great wackos and hucksters of our time - no disagreement from me there. ? And the fraudulent or exaggerated claims of many of those wandering through the materialistic, spiritually-hungry and desparately naive ? and disconnected wasteland of the modern world would be laughable if they didn't cause genuine offence and suffering. ? And in our offence and suffering it is a lot easier to get riled up about the Harley Swiftdeers and Lynn Andrews of the world than dealing with the skeletons in our own community closets or doing the hard and often thankless work of serving the people and helping them come back into the circle in a good way and rebuilding the community. ? On the whole, Sequoyah does a lot more than most in terms of alleviating the suffering of the people - especially the most marginalized within the Native community. ? You won't find that stuff written down. but if you are really interested there are "real" old people who can fill you in with the details that Google just won't unearth. ?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by educatedindian »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 04:09:42 pm »
There's such a strong whiff of sanctimony in what you say, not to mention hypocrisy, plus some things that don't add up.

ST does some good with some work some of the time. But that doesn't hide the fact that he lives an EXTREMELY well off cushy lifestyle, a luxury townhouse in one of the cushiest places the the country with a pool bought from selling ceremonies and working with frauds like Boylan and Fisher. Not much sign of accountability, or even spending most of his time in the community. He's pretty busy on the pay to pray and UFO circuits.

I don't see any sign of sacrifice at all or, other than his youth work, any good that he's done. It's pretty obvious he does far more harm than good. If he once was an elder, that's even sadder.

It's extremely telling that all of the names you quote, not a single one was Choctaw, as ST claims to be.  As for Dennis Banks, Banks also has let his name be used by some pretty obvious frauds like "Mary Thunder". Being an AIM member doesn't make you infallible anymore than anyone else.

If your main purpose here is not to defend an exploiter (oh wait, you say it isn't, but then go on to do that for a very long post), then maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself if that is the best service you can do for your people?

Offline Keguseno

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 07:29:42 pm »
Didn't know the Mohawk reserve of Kahnewake was one of the cushiest places in the country - might come as news to the people there! ? A "well-off" lifestyle in a luxury townhouse ? with a pool paid for by selling ceremonies - what a laugh!

Fraud, exaggeration an misuse of power very often start when people start to step outside the boundaries of traditional community checks and balances (I’m not talking about the folks with zero community connections here – they’re on their own). ? But does an internet site like this replace the traditional system in the new realities of a globalized world ? ? It might if it holds itself to the same standards of truth and justice that are the foundation of the oral tradition. ?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by educatedindian »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 01:50:09 am »
Obviously you'e having some trouble reading what's right in front of you. ST has (or had) a luxury towhhouse in Laurel Maryland. Is that article lying, or is ST lying to you and not letting you know he has it or had it? The source of that article is a psychiatrist, John E Mack, who spoke with ST and got his permission to put it in a UFO book. Info on Mack: http://www.johnemackinstitute.org/center/center_news.asp?id=227

Let me get this straight what you're claiming. You say that ST is:
A Choctaw elder with a Cherokee name...
...who lives on a Mohawk reserve...
...and is a legit Choctaw elder (or is that a Mohawk elder?) because a Lakota elder and an Ojibwe AIM member say he is.

ROFL!

Sorry K, but when you fall for something that outrageous, you risk defending or even becoming the very thing you claim to be against, namely nontraditionalist exploiters with no ties to their community. Which is what ST looks to be.

I suppose you can make such silly claims because your aunts and uncles aren't around. ? As for us, we are here to support the traditionals (and many here ARE traditionals, storytellers and members of reserve govt, for example) and certainly wouldn't try to replace them. We were formed, in fact, in response to the many calls by elders to do everything ethically possible to defend against exploiters.

Read our intro message, Who We Are. We have no power, we make no claim to be perfect, and if we make mistakes we admit them and apologize. So far all you've done is confirm that ST is a pay to pray exploiter. So far I'm not sure of him being an lapsed elder, though he is an elderLY man who has either done an awful lot of wrong things, or at the very least is being badly abused and exploited himself by hucksters like Boylan.

Perhaps instead of the ridiculous accusations designed to protect ST you could instead try to clear this up. Could you ask about ST's luxury home in Maryland, his pay to pray ceremonies, or his UFO buddies? If you know him, ask him about these and his explanation.

If he is himself being exploited, is vulnerable because of being very elderly, and led around by the nose by white exploiters like Boylan, he wouldn't be the first. The late Wallace Black Elk, for one, and possibly Twyla Nitsche as well. ?

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 08:24:20 am »
Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.newagefraud.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1148113461]This Thread[/link]

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 02:36:33 pm »
Sequoya Trueblood selling ceremonies as a part of a wilderness tourism package. Seemingly there's nothing he won't sell. Moved to Frauds.

http://www.kootenaywildernesstours.ca/aboutus.asp
"All of our ceremonies are facilitated by our resident elder, Sequoyah Trueblood, of traditional Choctaw/Cherokee descent, and are in keeping with the teachings he was passed from his elders and creator. They are all free of charge for everyone, and are reflected in our prices as a minimum donation only, as they are an original, social tradition that is not a commodity to be sold. When we sit in ceremony with our guests, it is not for entertainment, but for our inner selves and all of creation. It is very often a touching, moving, and healing experience for everyone. We are not trying to turn people into natives,  or judge rights and wrongs, but simply believe all of our hearts are collectively tired of  hate and war, and that ancient perspectives and ways of living could offer many refreshing and enriching insights into our lives for today.

Furthermore, many of our activities aim to help create an open and respectful line of communication between the local First Nations tribes and all our guests during their time with us, enabling any differences to become points of learning, and not points of judgement.  We do our work mainly on traditional Ktunaxa (or Kootenay First Nation) land, and honour them with prayers and blessings frequently. We are also now beginning to develop relationships with some Ktunaxa people from their nearby tribal reserve, so non-native and native paths can learn to run more smoothly together."

http://www.kootenaywildernesstours.ca/guides.asp
"Sequoyah is one of our inspirational guides who specializes in what he terms journeys in your "spirit canoe." He draws on a life of amazing stories ranging from experiences with residential schools and abuse, to a green beret in the Vietnam War and prison sentences. His recent decades have been devoted to helping people all over the world through his inspirational teachings from his Cherokee and Choctaw ancestry."

http://www.kootenaywildernesstours.ca/package.asp?typeID=21
"Activities: Lodge-based nature awareness and native cultural activities with a native elder, all-inclusive: day hike; nature walk; native ceremonies; cultural and wilderness interpretive activities based on native teachings; five-night Breath of Life ceremony, facilitated by a native elder.

Difficulty: Class 1-3 (easy to advanced).

THIS PACKAGE is a truly unique, breathtaking, and beautiful journey devoted to reconnecting and communicating with the rhythms of nature and our own inner landscapes. In many First Nations tribes of North America, the lynx is a powerful animal totem for revelation. Lynx, silently hiding and lurking in the mysterious darkness of the forest, is a knower of secrets and can help those who come in respect with gaining insight into personal fears, self-imposed limitations, and hidden treasures. This week is spent with a native elder exploring and experiencing this relationship in an exhilarating, traditional, native Breath of Life ceremony. It comprises five nights of deep relaxation, drumming, breathing, and listening to your inner self, with our resident native elder as your guide.

Cost: $1,695.00 CAD, per person. Includes taxes, certified guides, permits, meals, activity costs, elder teachings donation,
 cabin accommodation based on double occupancy, and transportation while at CWC. Group and family discounts available.
Cost with tipi accommodation: $1,441.00 CAD p/p."

http://www.kootenaywildernesstours.ca/package.asp?typeID=19
"Activities: Lodge-based nature awareness and native cultural activities with a native elder, all-inclusive: day hike; nature walk;
>>>native ceremonies; solo wilderness outing, based on a traditional Vision Quest ceremony, facilitated by a native elder.

Difficulty: Class 1-3 (easy to advanced).

IN MANY indigenous tribes around North America, Hawk is the explorer and messenger of our animal relations. This week-long wilderness experience is a fun and profound introduction to the gifts that Hawk brings ? observance, discovery, responsibility, and awareness ? through traditional indigenous teachings. First, you will have the opportunity to explore your own place here on the earth on a variety of spectacular day hikes. Your experience then continues with a native elder, and other experienced facilitators, who will help prepare and guide you in your own solo wilderness outing, based on a traditional indigenous Vision Quest ceremony. This sacred quest is one of the most respected rites of passage for indigenous peoples in search of answers to questions and challenges in their own lives. In the spirit of Hawk, this quest can help you discover those talents you have, but are not using; those solutions you need, but can?t see in an earthbound rut; or those messages and gifts you could be receiving, but are unaware of. This package can help bridge the gap between who you are and who you think you are, offering a mental clearing to turn your dreams into a reality, while providing many extraordinary laughs, landscapes, and memories.

Cost: $1,675.00 CAD, per person...Group and family discounts available.
Cost with tipi accommodation: $1,424.00 CAD p/p.

http://www.kootenaywildernesstours.ca/package.asp?typeID=4
"Day 6-7 (Saturday-Sunday): The rest of the week is an empowering and unique opportunity to be in nature with a native elder. We will participate in various nature walks, nature awareness activities, and
>>>native ceremonies, such as a
>>>traditional purification/healing lodge and various thanksgiving and rising sun ceremonies. All will be an adventure in their own right that can open up our hearts and minds to new perspectives on our own lives...
Cost: $1,995.00 CAD, p/p...Group and family discounts available.
Cost with tipi accommodation: $1,796.00 CAD p/p.

http://www.kootenaywildernesstours.ca/package.asp?typeID=9
"Activities: Lodge-based nature awareness and native cultural activities with a native elder, all-inclusive: wilderness nature walk;
>>>native ceremonies; traditional healing and purification lodge with a native elder.
...The weekend will then continue with the preparation for and participation in a traditional healing and purification lodge with a native elder. This traditional lodge is one of the oldest tools used by natives to reconnect with their place and path in the world. There is much that nature gives us and much we have forgotten about it. This package can reconnect that bond between the earth and the human spirit, instilling you with the renewed endeavor and understanding of Elk.

Day 2 (Saturday): We are busy today with various cultural activities that build on traditions and teachings towards finally
>>>participating in an enlightening purification lodge ceremony on Day 3. Beginning with a thanksgiving ceremony on the morning of Day 2, you will begin to engage with a unique and very old perspective on life and our relationships through the teachings of the First Nations peace pipe, which accompanies all ceremonies. The peace pipe is a sacred reminder of the perfect balance and harmony between the male and female in the universe, as well as a sacred teacher that provides an opportunity to reflect on our own lives and relationships.

Day 3 (Sunday): We begin again with a thanksgiving ceremony, and then spend some time in relaxation and communication with fellow travelers and our resident First Nations elder in preparation for the purification lodge ceremony. >>>The ceremony itself takes up all afternoon, where guests can experience a new-found and rejuvenating sense of self and the world. The lodge is dark, heated by hot rocks, and comprises four rounds: one round for our relationship with creator, one for our relationship with mother earth and female energies, another for our relationship with all of creation and male energies, and the final round for a general thanks for anything we have to be thankful for. There is no secret mystical event that happens in the ceremony, just a powerful opportunity to spend time with our neglected souls through the sharing of teachings with our resident First Nations elder and some traditional music. After the ceremony, we feast and come together again around a final campfire..

Day 4 (Monday): After one final peace pipe ceremony in the morning, and breakfast, we can spend any final time in communication with the native elder...
Cost: $830.00 CAD, per person... Group and family discounts available.
Cost with tipi accommodation: $706.00 CAD p/p."

Marlon

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 05:00:21 am »

Have you seen this video with Sequoyah Trueblood.

A Convenient Truth

http://www.heyokamagazine.com/HEYOKA.8.MEDICINE.ConveniantTruth.htm   

He has crossed over to the other side by the way in case you dont know.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 04:18:32 pm »
My computer will not let me see the video. Do you have a transcript?

Also, to everyone here:

In the past NAFPS has generally followed a policy of no longer criticizing exploiters or other dubious types once they've passed on. It serves no purpose, and they are now having to face their creator and answer for what they've done.

The one exception we make is when other exploiters use that exploiter's name to appear legit, as have followers of Castaneda, John Pope, and Robert Franzone.

I'm wondering what we should do with this thread now that ST has passed. Leave it in frauds since he clearly sold ceremonies? Move it to Etc, unless other exploiters use his name? Other ideas?