Author Topic: Here's a profile of a Fraud  (Read 6593 times)

Offline cowlishaw

• The more I learn, the less I know!
Here's a profile of a Fraud
« on: March 03, 2006, 05:53:20 am »
The member of this profile had the gall to send me an invite to be their friend on 360. I find out that she has stolen images from my website, and the I find out how New Age she is... I may report her site for copyright violation:

http://360.yahoo.com/profile-tMl5yPU8dLPYbaNr_Hp21HRwERZrOFtqvrGxvjvDr_8-?cq=1

Here's the permalink of one of the images she has stolen from me:
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-tMl5yPU8dLPYbaNr_Hp21HRwERZrOFtqvrGxvjvDr_8-?cq=1&p=649 - Still has yet to be removed.

Permalink of her nuager stuff:
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-tMl5yPU8dLPYbaNr_Hp21HRwERZrOFtqvrGxvjvDr_8-?cq=1&p=656

Also look through the blog and see what you think?

Nate

TRIBALMOONS@yahoo.com

Re: Here's a profile of a Fraud
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 01:10:47 pm »
And she's still up and running. She is a white woman who supposedly is sacred enough to sit in on Hopi ceremonies and even speaks the language! Sandy and I have History and I know for a fact what she is doing is actually looking for a Native Man to hook her claws into!

http://360.yahoo.com/profile-e3PaIM8_erAfx.O2PoD_VW26mk2ix0C44g--?cq=1

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 01:39:48 pm »
Using an artists art work without their permission is pretty insensitive, and I can understand if some people might not want to be this womans friend , but I don't think using on line art for personal use , or having new age ideas , or looking for Native men to hook up with , or claiming to have sat in on some traditional ceremonies , really qualifies someone as a fraud . I can see where someone doing these things could be annoying  , but if I was to post all the irritating people I have known , this message board would need a whole section just for my personal list . Is this woman leading ceremonies , misusing cultural traditions or claiming to be some sort of Spiritual teacher?

I didn't see anything on her webpage that had anything to do with anything Native ... Maybe I missed something here ?

frederica

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 05:26:44 pm »
Can't tell from that. Makes a lot of ribbon shirts. Gave her Aunt who is Ho-Chunk a Heishi shell bracelet. I don't even see a Tribal reference, may have missed it.  Rest is a mixture of poetry and articles.  frederica

TRIBALMOONS@yahoo.com

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 12:59:06 am »
Yea she's removed the posts that would make you think otherwise. But the blog site that cowlisha had referred to awhile ago, was basically the one I was referring too.  She's gotten pretty good at hiding her dealings now, and that's ok because she will slip up somehow, sometime. she usually does. Not too worried about it, didn't mean to sound as if I had a problem with her blog now was just letting cowlisha know she is still using that specific piece of art he had referred too!

TRIBALMOONS@yahoo.com

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 01:21:22 am »
She's Irish and has been trying to find her "Native" roots, again supposedly Cherokee, for 3 years that I know of. On the Blog that Cowlisha referred to in the original posts, she was a little spooky at best. She insinuates herself into mostly the Hopi culture, and ceremonies, and in the past claimed some sort of Lakota ties. GhostBear and I both have had dealings with her, and there's been a few more that have tried to close her down at times but havn't followed through.

Offline chiefytiger

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 02:38:41 am »
tried to check out the link but wasnt able to ,Did she remove it
CT

frederica

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 03:37:43 am »
Removed the one with the profile. but the first 3 are still there.