Author Topic: Nuagespeak to Plain English Dictionary  (Read 70501 times)

Offline Odelle

Re: Nuagespeak to Plain English Dictionary
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2013, 10:54:50 pm »
Ooh! This is fun. Let me try:

"secret": some $**** I made up.
"process": Half-a$$ed plan.
"holistic": sloppy
"ceremony": expensive costume show. Comes in two flavors: ridiculous or racist, but since you're feeling greedy anyway, why not go for swirl: ridiculous AND racist.
"jealous": sane and wise to my bs. As in, my critics are just "jealous".
"ancient": dates all the way back to the 1960's!
"wisdom": A bunch of Nuage words strung into a sentence. Garbage in=garbage out.
"teacher": imaginary friend OR some fraud who's more famous than me.
"Cherokee": The only Indian nation I can actually name.
"Lakota": I'm totally legit! I can name more than one nation.
"Hopi": I live in the Southwest and like to keep my stealing, I mean, sacred secret ancient wisdom-learning, local.
"Tantra": I'm doing this to get laid--from people who are paying me!
"Spirit guide": I waited in line at Starbucks behind this lady with a giant toucan pin on her shirt, so now you're spirit guide is the toucan. 400$, please.
"Karma": My "teachers" are a real cosmopolitan bunch.
"Kirtan": Asia India, American India: it's all Indian "ceremony", am I right? 400$, please.
"tradition": all of the above, wrapped in an expensive little package, just for you, brave warrior!
"descendant": I actually don't know what this means, but I've noticed it shows up a lot in some fakes advertising about themselves: Michael Runswithfrauds, Hopi Tibetan Ceremony Teacher. Come smoke a peace pipe and develop your powers of tantric karmic wisdom from a real-life Cherokee descendant. I once attended a teaching by His Holiness the Dalai Lama, so I'm a wisdom-bearer for that tradition, too! I heard of the Dawes Roll--so you know I'm legit!
:>

Offline Otter3

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2013, 06:47:49 pm »
So true! 

Offline catbus

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2013, 11:35:45 pm »
I love this list, it keeps getting better.

As funny as it is, I have found it this list has been useful when confronting frauds about their fraudulent traditions. Everyone I have shown it to so far gets a laugh out of it. I really hope NAFPS will have it's own print publications some day, a Nuage-to-Plainspeak handbook being the first, lol.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2013, 01:11:02 am »
The one that gets me and grates my nerves:

"Co-create": Usually used in the sentence "We co-create our own reality."

I have no clue what it means. Besides being nuage babbledygook.

Offline mark747eagle

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2014, 02:40:00 pm »
As a white European with no (known) NDN ancestry, (although the snobby parasites in the UK thought my grandma from Canada would be wearing buckskin and feathers when she got off the boat in 1914)  I am really sad this topic ended so soon.  It really shows a lot of us up for what we are.   And it made me laugh so much.  Finally found where all the real humour was hiding in the USA.  Irony is not the adjective of iron....... If the fat white middle classes where're so stupid, the plastic shamans would not have anyone to sell to.  And yeah I was one of those stupid people for a while.  But my family have risen from the English middle class to become working class - ie we do stuff now.  So at least we're worth the air we occupy I guess.

As they say - there's no cure for stupid.  But duck tape muffles the sound.  :-)
White. Not a trace of any blood connection.  But I am here to learn how to mend the world we Europeans messed up.  Not to sell or benefit from what I learn.
We tread may paths, yet perhaps they all lead to the same destination.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2014, 10:00:18 pm »
I think it'd be good to self publish this at Lulu and Smashwords. It'd have to be given away for free. So many contributors, some who haven't been here in awhile and no way to contact for any share of any profit.

Plus giving it away means it will reach many more people and will also remove any criticism we might be looking to profit somehow. Once I post the links to it, feel free to repost anywhere, esp on sites that give away ebooks for free.

Lulu also has a print on demand feature for people who want a hardcopy version.

I can write an intro, and anyone else wanting to add comments to be included, go ahead and do so in this thread.

Offline mark747eagle

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2014, 10:51:06 am »
As if there wasn't already a rich vein of stupidity, you could harvest some more from here:

http://www.snakelyone.com/12stepglossary.htm

This is my favourite.

Hopi Prophecy (n): The Native American apocalyptic prediction that gives New Agers an excuse not to vote.

As an ex  nuager (though not a radical!) I am happy to provide more if you don't have enough already!  :-)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 10:57:31 am by mark747eagle »
White. Not a trace of any blood connection.  But I am here to learn how to mend the world we Europeans messed up.  Not to sell or benefit from what I learn.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2014, 04:03:52 am »
Here's the intro. Any suggestions for how to change it? Anything left out? Maybe someone funnier than me should take a shot at it...

------
Introduction

Nuage = New Age. It is pronounced noo-ij, rhymes with sewage.
   Many Natives and critics of Nuage use the word to puncture the pompousness and pretentiousness of a movement that would call itself “THE NEW AGE.” (Copyright likely pending. No matter how sooper spirchul Nuagers pose as, they are very dedicated to protecting their profit margin.) There is very little of Nuage and Nuagers that is not worthy of being laughed at and mocked, except for the tremendous pain they cause and the enormous number of falsehoods they have spread.

If you've ever wondered what the heck Nuage people are talking about, this guide is for you. You see, Nuage people don't mean the same things when they use the English words everyone else uses. That's why a guide is needed, even and especially a humorous one.
   Sometimes a lie is best fought by facts and reason, pointing out patiently with evidence where someone is wrong. And sometimes certain people are so wrapped up in their delusions, the best way to deal with them is to laugh.
   Laugh because they have become so far gone, it may take laughter to shock them out of it. Laugh because it's the only way of telling them just how foolish they look to everyone else. Laugh because their irrationality and lack of a grasp of reality or even the most basic common sense doesn't deserve a reasoned answer. Nuage does a lot of damage and is filled with lies. But it is also damned silly, and deserves to be mocked for its silliness.
   Sometimes you also have to laugh to keep your sanity, to deal with absurdity by laughing without mercy or pity. Let us all laugh at Nuagers and mock them until the whole world sees that these fools who imagine themselves the next medicine man or guru or even would be messiahs with Jesus and God and Buddha complexes are more PT Barnum than pious men.
   The Nuage movement is not made up of new religions, nor more evolved versions of old ones. This is a purely consumer driven phenomena. These are little abusive cults posing as American Indian traditions and Buddhism or Hinduism or Taoism to people who could not tell Gandhi from Geronimo. They are so ignorant that, among other obvious wrongs, they imagine American Indians believe in reincarnation. (That's the wrong kind of Indian, buddy.)
   Nuagers are so clueless about indigenous people that some have fallen for:

A red haired Irishman who claimed to be a Mayan. (Harley Reagan, who also was a white racist preparing his militia for a race war against Latinos.)
   A Black Muslim who claims American Indians are really Chinese imposters and that Blacks are not African and that there never was a slave trade. (Dwight York, who also claims to be a space alien.)
   A Peruvian who posed as Brazilian and then sold Hindu and Taoist beliefs to hippies, pretending that faux-Buddhism and faux-Taoism were ancient Aztec and Yaqui Indian beliefs. (Carlos Castaneda, who remains a best seller though he was debunked 30 years ago. He later became a prisoner of his inner circle, who themselves committed suicide when he died.)

It seems easy enough to mock anyone who falls for these frankly idiotic delusions posing as serious new religious beliefs. And that this little dictionary shall do, without letting up. One thing American Indians have learned to do is to use humor as a coping mechanism to deal with all the pain of a horrific history. Much like Jews, Natives have (to an outsider's ear) a surprisingly good sense of humor* for a people who have survived genocide. 
   This dictionary and phrasebook is a collection of American Indians joking about Nuage nonsense. It's the best way of coping with having to deal with the fallout of all the damage their falsehoods have spread.
   Of course the people harmed just as much by the Nuage movement as Native people (and Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists, and the other beliefs distorted, misrepresented, and bastardized by commercialization) are Nuage people themselves. Nuagers have often been abused, ripped off by charlatans posing as Native or Eastern religion teachers, and sometimes sexually abused.
   Even when exploiters don't take a lot of their money, control their lives as part of a cult, or rape them under the guise of it being a religious ceremony, former Nuagers come out of that movement with years or decades of their very sincere lifelong spiritual quest wasted on falsehoods. Many of these definitions were written by former Nuagers who have every right to be angry, since they are much poorer for their experience, and often suffering psychological or sexual trauma.
   Laughter is the best medicine, as the old saying goes. Native people know that. Former Nuage survivors know that now too. This dictionary lets us all laugh at Nuage foolishness and hopefully warn away those who might be tempted or curious about Native traditions or Eastern religions and would rather try to buy quick enlightenment with a $3,000 weekend seminar or a cheesy $19.95 book instead of doing a lifetime of hard study and introspection.

For those who want to do the hard study, the final section has more sources recommended for further reading. For the rest, let's just laugh at those sheltered very wealthy and upper middle class suburbanites who make up the Nuage movement, with too much money and not enough sense.

Enjoy, and spread the word. This little dictionary or guidebook is completely free. Share it with others, repost it, quote it, cut and past the whole thing if you like. There was never any thought of profit or personal gain by us.
   You see, unlike Nuagers, and especially unlike the exploiters and imposters who pose as sooper spirchul leaders by falsely claiming to be Chief Stereotyped Silly Name of the Tribe of the Imaginary, Believed in Only by the Unfortunately Clueless...
   We at NAFPS have always done everything for free, and simply because it is the right thing to do and needed to be done.

Offline mark747eagle

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2014, 10:12:23 am »
For clarity and also to add a bit of facetiousness I'd ad to para 2:

That's why a guide is needed (i.e. not a spirit guide)

In case any nuagers can actually read.......

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2014, 10:34:38 pm »
It is now published for free at Smashwords. I did publish it on my account, but included everyone's name who contributed.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/452947

It's from 39 to 51 pages depending on which format you download. Anyone can download it for free, cut and paste, quote, post the link anywhere they choose. If you know of sites that give away free ebooks, feel free to post it there. I probably will do the same when I get a little free time.

ETA: Three dozen downloads in only day. Not a bad start.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2014, 04:41:56 pm »
Thank you for doing this, Al!

used2bnaf

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2014, 06:49:19 pm »
I hope spirit name made the list.

Nuage definition: the name that the spirits know you as.  Such as Soaring Eagle Fire Fox or Rainbow Summer Deer Heart.

Plain speak: a bullshit psychological hug that was made up by a white guy and probably cost money to get.

Offline Xochi

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2018, 08:32:59 pm »
We are One ... meaning it sounds and looks good until you ask to use my ride or borrow money. Lol