Author Topic: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"  (Read 1150114 times)

Offline Lodro

Re: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"
« Reply #555 on: December 25, 2010, 07:52:06 pm »
Here's one of Eddie Vibes videos...it describes her story more in detail in the first couple of minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jt3ifzJqBM

One of the things that struck me....the "recognition" at 8 years old that she talks about happened at a pow-wow of all places.  She was prayed for by either some members of the community or maybe family members (she never distinguishes...only say "Lakota elders" brought her forth and gave her a blessing....but anyone who attends pow-wows regularly has a better idea what that really means and it's not as romantic as she makes it).  She admits that she didn't understand any of it, yet she uses that story as a source of legitimacy that she was "recognized" at that age.   

Then follows up with the story about the "phone call" from THE "indigenous peoples" (I'm assuming all of them??  lol) and her "calling" to be initiated as a shameon.

For people who don't regularly attend pow-wows....it's not uncommon to give some sort of recognition to relatives when they visit the community from far away.  It's not a form of "shaman recognition".  It's being a good host and treating outsiders in a good way.  She admits herself that they spoke Lakota and she didn't understand any of it...so if she didn't understand any of it...how did it elevate into a status of "recognition by indigenous elders"?   Anyone reading can probably connect the dots...she's romanticizing someone saying a prayer for her at a pow-wow (not a ceremony....there's a HUGE difference between a powwow and a ceremony).  So, that leaves two distinct possibilities....either she's flat out lying (omission of all the facts is a form of lying as well) or she's completely misinterpreting people at a pow-wow being nice to her as some form of global "indigenous recognition".  Neither of which authenticates her legitimacy, but definitely works against the story about being made a "shaman over the Sioux and Salish tribes" (LG's words posted on her bios and reiterated verbatim in her videos and interviews as part of her "official" information).

Superdog

Superdog, I see a pattern here, because this is exactly how the "recognition by a lama" happened: she ran into a tibetan teacher in Sweden, he blessed her, as lamas invariably do, but she took that to mean he "recognized" her as a shaman. Her communication to me about this was admirably vague, but anyone knowing a bit about how teachers operate in the tibetan buddhist context could figure out what had happened. However, "outsiders" do not and so a story with a bit of reality in it, gets manipulated to serve her purpose: a display of authenticity and recognition, her working capital so to speak. The trouble with this is that it exploits the very people who blessed her in the first place. I know that Lakha Lama will have a real problem with being named as the source of a fraudulent recognition by which people are cheated out of their money. No dharma teacher I know has ever charged money for teaching the dharma. As my teacher told me: "the dharma has to be free"

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #556 on: December 25, 2010, 08:10:22 pm »
Did anyone contact Lakha Lama and ask him if he has recognized Kiesha as a shaman?
I think it was up to discussion here....but did something come out of it?

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #557 on: December 25, 2010, 09:11:32 pm »
I have exchanged a number of emails with Kiesha Crowther, especially focusing on this point: the "recognition" as shaman.

It turns out she has spoken with Lakha Lama briefly, while in Sweden. And of course he said kind things to her, which is how Lamas are. If you ask for a blessing you'll receive it. This in no way means "recognition", and in general, a Tibetan Lama would never "recognize" a shaman.
I've pointed out to Crowther that she willfully confuses people with her use of the word "recognition", as that is - in Tibetan usage - reserved for recognition as a "tulku" ie a teacher who influences his or her own rebirth in order to continue the link with students and the lineage.

I am sure (but I have yet to receive confirmation from Lakha Lama to whom I've written) that there is no endorsement here, only kind words and a blessing like anyone may receive from a compassionate teacher.

However, in her communication with me, Crowther first claims that she does not take teachings from Tibetan Lamas, then goes on to say that they are somehow connected with the council of indigenous elders. But apart from Lakha Lama, whom she names, she doesn't give any names, so I doubt the existence of these teachers in connection with her.

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #558 on: December 25, 2010, 09:26:11 pm »
Thanks, Kathryn!  :)
Lodro - did you ever hear back from the Lama?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 09:29:48 pm by Freija »

Offline Spandex~Atom

« Reply #559 on: December 25, 2010, 11:20:11 pm »

2010 with Shaman, Kiesha Crowther 5/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_3rCfWTiO8&feature=related

"...There are many more things that are going to happen in year 2010...

...All of the secrets will be exposed...

...Government cover-ups will be exposed...

...Knowledge of ufo's and higher intelligence, will be exposed...

...Healing possibilities are gonna skyrocket!...

...Psychic phenomena will be proven as a fact and accepted by science worldwide...

...Filthy waters will be cleaned...

...Child labor willl be completely exposed, and destroyed..."

Important, please read:

Official Statement from Salish Elders Regarding Kiesha Crowther
(click on link above this quote box to read in full) 

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #560 on: December 26, 2010, 05:13:18 am »

Kiesha relates her alleged lineage here:
(starting at 6:11 minutes:seconds into the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ElesjTYmlc&feature=related

Here are Kiesha's statements about her lineage with the corrections suggested by educatedindian and Ingeborg, and also the possible correction of what I spelled as 'Lota', which may be 'Lootah'(?).

"I am great grand daughter of Ciqala Lootah(?) and Ciqala Jensen. "

Lootha is not a Lakota word

So is this "Lota"/"Lootah"/"Lootha" the "Lota" she is now claiming trained her? Geez, her story keeps changing.

Is "Lota" any Lakota word?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:43:42 pm by Kathryn »

Offline Lodro

« Reply #561 on: December 26, 2010, 08:54:26 am »
Did anyone contact Lakha Lama and ask him if he has recognized Kiesha as a shaman?

Yes, i did, but i haven't received word back yet. Also it seems his swedish email address isn't in active use (anymore), nor is his FB page. I'll try and contact people who know him. She names him, so it's only fair he should know how he figures in her story.

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #562 on: December 26, 2010, 10:56:26 am »

Yes, i did, but i haven't received word back yet. Also it seems his swedish email address isn't in active use (anymore), nor is his FB page. I'll try and contact people who know him. She names him, so it's only fair he should know how he figures in her story.

Thanks for the info, Lodro. Let me know if you need any assistance since I am here...in Sweden... :)

Offline Saga

« Reply #563 on: December 26, 2010, 12:56:14 pm »
If you check the urgent message, it has changed a bit, she has backed up from the native american claims a lot and added the samis and so on and changed the text in the form that is more over all "information" and actually "corrected" some parts of it to be harder to drown with one sentence like in the first version... Think these people are in the mission to destroy everything every indigenous culture in the world has tried to do to preserve their ways, finishing what christianity started. Way to go.

And ofc, the message conflicts totally with what she says in almost every interview and video that has been published, but no one ofc even sees that, this is the truth now since you can create your own truth.

But anyway, who are these new named people in her claims who "initiated her in native american 'shamanism'"? Imagination or real, or frauds?

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #564 on: December 26, 2010, 03:37:05 pm »

Kiesha relates her alleged lineage here:
(starting at 6:11 minutes:seconds into the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ElesjTYmlc&feature=related

Here are Kiesha's statements about her lineage with the corrections suggested by educatedindian and Ingeborg, and also the possible correction of what I spelled as 'Lota', which may be 'Lootah'(?).

"I am great grand daughter of Ciqala Lootah(?) and Ciqala Jensen. "

Lootha is not a Lakota word

So is this "Lota"/"Lootah"/"Lootha" the "Lota" she is now claiming trained her? Geez, her story keeps changing.

Is "Lota" any Lakota word?

No we have luta which means scarlet, I don't know the word she is claiming and other word ciqala is spelled Cikala means little she murders  our language
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:45:00 pm by Kathryn »
In Spirit

Offline Saga

« Reply #565 on: December 26, 2010, 04:25:19 pm »
Seems that she tried to say Grandmother Lota and Jensen and then kind of forgot that cikala means little and not grandmother...

revealer

« Reply #566 on: December 26, 2010, 06:01:19 pm »
Kiesha, people who follow you are saying you are White Buffalo Calf Woman returned! Maybe you could post here and tell us how to survive the winter with no food money shelter or possessions, because there are alot of people like that about who can't afford to go to your workshops and meet you in person.
Actually from LGs pages here (this page has been changing at least daily since the 24th as the truth is coming out)  
http://www.tribeofmanycolors.net/news-and-urgent-messages/urgent-message-concerning-misinformation-campaign-in-the-internet.html

Kiesha, if you love everyone so much, PLEASE stop what you are doing.  Give up the game.   Go back to your normal life and let everyone else do the same.  That step would take much courage, and love, on your part.  Let some real elders come to you and tell you what you should then do.   If you want some personal advise and are sincere, I think you already have a communication line to folks who post here.   We would be glad to support you in getting yourself out of this thing you have created for yourself.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:52:51 pm by revealer »

Offline Lodro

« Reply #567 on: December 26, 2010, 06:20:21 pm »

Thanks for the info, Lodro. Let me know if you need any assistance since I am here...in Sweden... :)

Much appreciated. From the statement on the LG website, I take it that the "recognition by the lamas of Nepal and Tibet" has now been taken out.

Offline Spandex~Atom

« Reply #568 on: December 26, 2010, 06:54:16 pm »
Much appreciated. From the statement on the LG website, I take it that the "recognition by the lamas of Nepal and Tibet" has now been taken out.

Nope, it's still there.

Offline goozih

« Reply #569 on: December 27, 2010, 08:13:47 am »
Does anyone recognize the pictographs in the background of this page http://littlegrandmother.net/WorkshopsandTalks.aspx. Another blatant misuse in my books.