General > Frauds

Suzanne Dupree, aka Looking Back Woman

<< < (2/11) > >>

educatedindian:
Over on American Indian Alliance, LSW found out something interesting, seems Dupree's claims are straight out of a book, not any family traditions.

http://searches.rootsweb.com/usgenweb/archives/sd/ziebach/history/z- hst-18.txt

> Text of Ziebach Co., SD History (1982) - pages 340-360
>  This file is the text of the book, "South Dakota's
> Ziebach County,  History of the Prairie", published in 1982 by the Ziebach County
>  Historical Society, Dupree, SD
>  The book is still in print and can be ordered from:
>  County Auditor
>  Box 68
>  Dupree, SD 57623
>  Cost is $10 (Add $3 for shipping and handling)
>  Permission to publish this book in electronic form
> was given by Jackie Birkeland,  member of the Historical Committee. This book is copyright, 1982 by the Ziebach  County Historical Society, Dupree, SD.
>  Scanning and OCR by Terri Tosh <chipnter@...>,
> final editing by Joy Fisher,  <jfisher@...>.
>
> FRED and MARY DUPUIS from
> "The First Dupree Into South Dakota"
> by Calvin Dupree

igmuska:
Another red herring and probably smells like one too...I knew Mr. Chauncey Dupris long ago and he knew me. The funny thing about this lady's website is that it is so full of subjective information without any of her Cherry Creek, SD "relative's" testimony verifying her identity.

She is a fraud!!!

They asked me to call certain people I know in Cherry Creek, SD especially one of his best friends...the funny thing is that she mentioned that Mr. Dupris is a heyoka which I must add I heard him being called this by the older fellows his age. Being heyoka does not automatically confer medicine man status per se. Oh well I will call now since I have made this post!

Had to edit this...just received notice of more information about an interview with Looking Back Woman in the following link! John Le Kay sure can pick them!!!!
http://www.heyokamagazine.com/HEYOKA.6.LookingBackWoman.Interview.htm

Marlon:

Hi Tachia,

Sorry did not get a chance to address your leangthy email from this morning, but will do so tomorrow, point by point and in detail. As far as you offending me. no you did not. Anyway will address this tomorrow.

Marlon:
Hi Educated Indian, Moma Porcupine. Tachia Since you have raised Vivian High Elk, and have floated a round a piece of her email to discredit Looking Back Woman repeatdly, discussed internet protocols, culture and the rest, maybe you should you see some more.

From Vivian High Elk

Dear Sister,

I am right here, and I challenge you to an open debate on the history of the Cannunpa Wakan, at any time you prefer.  Cannunpa wakan wan oyate wicakahi kin heon, Tokel econ wicasi kin hena ohinniyan ecunk'onpi kte, Taku sica kin etanhan yuheyab unyuhapi kta, Wakantanka iyoyanpa tawa kin ogna ecela ilake kta. Lecel ecunk'onpi kta ohinniyan awauncinpi kte.

Pilamayaye lo, Wakantanka.

Hakikta Win

npetu waste, lena taku iyapi ki, hena, atas takuni slol yapi sni. Tase cannupa wakan ki he tohan Pejito Wakpa etanhan iya ye ka, makes he lila wakan ki. Le winyan wan
Jeneka

iciyapi ki he na winyan wan Looking Back iyapi ki he atas takuni slol yapi sni, hena Lakota winyan kiyapi na taku iyapi ki hena icetu sni na lel tipi sni ca takuni he slol yapi sni,
le wakan ki nahanhci lena Peji To Wakpa ki el yanke. Iya le yawapi okihipi hantas ognas wicakapi na ce' ce, k'as, miye, iblukcan  ke le, wa'aya ki hena, i kitawa pi ki he taku wan Diarhea of the mouth, (i kajo woyanzan yu hapi) eya pi ki heca woyanza yu hapi na ce'ce.Le amayu pta pi hantas, ognas lakol ya wiyuhcan na woglaka pi na ce'ce.  Miye cante el wicabluze sni na el wacinwicawaye sni. If Jenaka and Looking Back Woman can respond to this within a couple minutes, then I would probably believe in them, but, if not, it is phonieness as far as I can see and believe. They are distractors, I believe that the "Keeper" and his "partner" put out there to obstruct the mission. Looking Back Woman claims to have the original pipe, why dont she tend to that? Obviously she doesn't believe in what she is doing as in her statement she claims to have the original one yet she is in defiance of our sacred one here. If they can just stop trying to take the focus off of the Keeper and his woman, as  they are the abusers, it would be good. Vivian HE

She obviously doesn't carry the values in her message and probably doesn't live it like a virtue, obviously she is ignorant herself, she doesn't know the life we live here as a people whom worship this way of life whom hold this Cannupa in high esteem. I guess the question is are we all fools for what we believe in here as how she is portraying us? We are a Warrior people, that is why we are still in existence no matter how we were are/were put down like people like this LBW woman. Pila ma ya pi le lawapi ki. Vivian High Elk

From Suzanne Dupree. Mon, 15 Jan 2007 07:17:50 -0800

Dear Vivian,

Hunoup is the language that needs to be spoken here, I am sure you are fluent with it. My Lakota language skills are not in question here, it is whether or not Arvol Looking Horse is in possession of the Martha Bad Warrior's Cannunpa, period.

The reason you are so on about language is, that's all you've got for an argument.

If you'd read the Riegert pdf file, you would've seen Martha Bad Warrior's words...this Cannunpa is for everyone, not just Lakota speaking persons. Martha Bad Warrior gave this interview with Riegert in 1936 before her death that winter. She wanted it known and recorded, that the heritage of the Cannunpa Wakan, is open to the good of all mankind, regardless of race, creed, color or blood quantums. He wrote it for her, so the story of Martha Bad Warrior and her people was written down with the origin and message of the Cannunpa Wakan. That is why you do not wish to acknowledge this information, it does not correspond with the "history" you've given. I want to see those winter count buffalo robes back 2000 yrs ago, with the story of WBCPW's coming to the people, if that is your proof. I did read what you wrote in Lakota, and your Father was mislead by the Looking Horse family about "what" Cannunpa Wakan they had. The Cannunpa Chief from  Manitoba does not recognize ALH, and says the Cannunpa came between  1500-1600 hundred, to the people from WBCPW.

If you respect your ancestors, you would honor her words and legacy. However, this is not the case here. I have nothing I need to prove to anyone, other than the truth of our spiritual history that was preserved for us, and was changed to save face. It does not matter who I have married, or how much Lakota blood I have, or where I live.... the message is not about me, or you....it is about the Cannunpa Wakan....and how it is to be used properly.

And, for all who are interested, like the ones from the International Communities that were canvassed for donations, the language of our debate needs to be english. The same language that was used to canvass for the money. We first need to exchange tobacco to discuss this between us. Then, anytime, Vivian.

The more you put me down, the more you show you are not living the teachings yourself. The hypocracy is what is doing the most injustice to our people....and you are perpetuating that ignorance.

Why has there been the Cultural Preservation Officer position open at Cheyenne River? Because someone needs to know our history, and preserve it, and without people like Riegert, without a personal agenda, it isn't happening at Cheyenne River.

Your reverse racism will not work here, nor will it serve the  creater good of the people....all people.

LBW

From Vivian High Elk to a group email.  Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:05:48 -0700

Hello my relatives, I am forwarding this information, I dont know  what this woman's (LBW) worry is when she doesn't even live around here and believes we worship a false sacred object. If this were so, why in the first place would Cheyenne River place this on their flag as a significance that it exists and is here in Green Grass and what is her argument? Dont you think they would've known this if this history lie recorded as they had Indian Agents that overseen everything as this Tribe is based under the auspices of the United States 

Government as a puppet? In todays life, to get anything back that the whiteman and their forked tongue promised is to have a "language, culture and history." This woman really wants to  belittle our whole Nation here along with my late father. We are a poor people, barely in existence with our language, history (cannupa) and culture (cannupa) that are the basis for our everyday survival for funding to the Trust status imposed on us. Besides all cannupa's are sacred and so what if don't have the real or original one here, what we do have is still sacred as their has been some miracles and my late relatives had strong beliefs in it here. Why would the Late Fools Crow come here to Green Grass and pray at the sacred site before they departed out of Green Grass? Her statements are invalidating Fools Crow's belief, yet she holds his cannupa she claims he gifted her? I dont want to argue her anymore, she claims to be a KEEPER of a sacredness and still full of spite and hate.

educatedindian:
Pretty bizarre double standard you're practicing Marlon. Criticism of Dupree is something you won't listen to, even though literally every other source except her word says she's wrong.

You won't even listen to criticism of her even though she *admitted*, in the red words that are highlighted, that this pipe is not the sacred pipe in question but is another.

Why do you still insist on defending her? In fact, why were you drawn to her in the first place? Did it give you some kind of cheap thrill to imagine you were dragging in the mud the man who is probably the most respected Native elder in the country? Did Dupree's imitation feminist pose draw you to her, or was it the imitation anti racist pose? Were you really just upset with the Looking Horse Proclamation and just wanted a way to lash out and try to discredit him?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version