Author Topic: Lekay Embarasses Himself Yet Again  (Read 31466 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Lekay Embarasses Himself Yet Again
« on: July 03, 2007, 02:14:05 pm »
This time he's hooked up with our ex member who left in a fit, Robin, whom we helped out for years against the CKY.

Where to begin with Lekay's mistakes?

He lists Robin as "a respected Native American elder." Not even naming her people, which is pretty hypocritical.

Robin is not even that old. She's in her forties if I remember right. Lekay is getting pretty desperate.

Robin seemed to be a nice enough person up to the time she imagined herself to be a "spiritual advisor" to a white exploiter named Scarlet Kinney. You remember her, the accident victim who imagined being an accident victim made her able to channel Standing Bear.

She and Lekay confused Annika with Frederica throughout the whole article. Did post a nice pic of Annika, even if they got everything else wrong.

Seems he's so driven by anger and paranoia that he can't even be bothered to check the most basic facts. Our site is listed as "plasticshamans.org."

Oh, and Barnaby, it's pretty funny when he claims you are a "hippy." Knowing your low opinion of hippies, that's yet another pretty amusing mistake.

If this is the best he can do, we sure don't have anything to worry about.

frederica

Re: Lekay Embarasses Himself Yet Again
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 04:34:03 pm »
Well, at least that is a respectable person to be confused with. He even posted Martina Looking Horse's editorial, that was recently posted on the internet. Saw it earlier on another list. The problem is he forgot to include himself from meddliing in others affairs, especially with LBW. http://www.heyokamagazine.com/HEYOKA.8.Robin.htm frederica

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 05:28:54 pm »
Just noticed something very strange Robin said.

"I was selling my personal belongings to pay for the attorney fees in the adoption, and if he liked to go on ebay and see what I was selling, had sold and perhaps maybe he would buy something that would be making a positive contribution to a child that needed a good stable home. In the adoption process you must go through several background checks, criminal, physical, and psychological. My husband and I both passed and in fact it was recommended to the judge through these background checks that the process waive the 6 month grace period. If I was a unstable person or a person of questionable character I would not have been granted the adoption. That in itself shows the untruths that Al Carroll has said about me."

This is the first I've ever heard of her selling anything on Ebay. She seems to be getting mad agt me for not buying her items though. Obviously confusing me with someone else.

And then the long ramble where she's trying to convince people about her mental stability. Strange.

I'm not even sure what she's accusing me of.

The accusations of her being unstable came from Edwards and the CKY people, and we (me especially) spent a lot of time DEFENDING her against the charges.

"I have not had time to doing nothing more than care for children. No where have I sold out traditions, nor made public appearances in regards to ceremonies or teachings of traditions."

No one ever accused her of selling ceremony. She did work with someone who did, old Scarlet. And Scarlet then turned around and worked with her old enemy Jerry Edwards, which strangely didn't seem to bother her.

"Al Carroll posted under a unknown name,  "That I had sold out to white exploiters" was traced to the Jordan School District in San Antonio, Texas."

There is no Jordan School District in San Antonio. There is a small town called Jourdanton about 50 miles away. I did some searching, and the only town in Texas called Jordan is maybe 200 miles away, way over on the other side of Austin.

And only employees or students can post from a school district's computers. I suppose it's asking too much of either Robin or Lekay that they have the common sense to check and find out I've never worked at either Jordan OR Jourdanton.

Is Robin is getting infected with Lekay's paranoia? Why is she tracking down emails of anyone who dares criticize her? 

I suppose it's only a matter of time before she and Lekay accuse us of being under Bush and Cheney's control too. Or FBI agents. or RCMP agents.

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 06:08:52 pm »
Oh, and Barnaby, it's pretty funny when he claims you are a "hippy."

Heh. "Barnaby Mcewan hippy". I can almost hear him spluttering.

If this is the best he can do, we sure don't have anything to worry about.

I like the links to Loons We Have Known at the bottom of the article.

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 10:03:25 pm »
Gee I guess Lekay forgot to read the posting at the top of " Research needed ", that is titled ," People who post in this forum ."  Looks like he found one of em   ... LOL 

http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=430.msg2120#msg2120    

Re: Two Would Be Cherokee Tribes in Kentucky
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2005, 11:41:24 AM »
Raven(Robin)W- Lawson

As a former member of the CKY ( actually a time period of 72 hrs). My family and I were subjected to explotations, by posting on the beginners list with photos of all of us from my yahoo 360. I invited two members to view it, and then the following day it was posted on their site. If this is not a means of explotation then I must be a total idiot.

I wonder how Annika feels about having her picture posted in Lekay's magazine ? I remember how upset Raven was when someone
in the CKY showed a picture she had posted of herself online and how unsafe she said that made her feel . So why is Raven supporting John lekay doing this to Annika ( who has never done anything except be REALLY REALLY NICE ) . Did anyone ask Annika's permission ?

Raven
So I posted emails between he and I showing what he was saying was not the truth, that he was compromising my case by changing his story of what the truth was. He deleted many of them shortly after I posted them.

I guess people can claim whatever they want but I don't remember any emails being posted showing Al was not telling the truth or Al deleting anything except one comment from his own post , about Ravens having been a member of the CKY , because Raven felt this was inacurate . The responses to the posts deleted by Raven and her friend Weheli is all still here , and give a pretty good idea of what was being discussed when Raven stopped posting in this forum;

http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=806.0

Raven
It was also at that time he was attacking Scarlet Kinney. She and I had come to an understanding of each other through mutual respect. I had read her site and in communication understood what she was trying to accomplish and that perhaps I could share some stories with her and some personal insight

Yes that was discussed in the thread above . About the same time Raven decided to go work for Scarlet , Scarlet began advertising Sweat Lodge ceremonies for $250 . How a person with any real principals could be a member of NAFPS and repeatedly post for eight months ,critizing people for selling ceremonies ,and then turn around and decide to work for someone doing this same thing ?

http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=812.msg4193#msg4193

Raven
Which is leading me to believe the Moma Porcupine is actually a man pretending to be a woman, or perhaps a man that is like a woman.   

Why don't they believe I'm really a Porcupine ? Lekay believes what everyone else tells him ...

Raven does have a good point . Maybe I am really a fat Russian man who wore out his " Dancing with wolves " vidieo , or a pimply teenager in my Mom's basement . Or a strong woman .   ;)  In cyberspace anything is possible. I have I never said anything about my background in my public posts one way or another .

My deep dark motive is simply that I care and i see people on all sides getting hurt and I believe the thought provoking disscusions happening  here can help change that . I don't believe people who are honest and truely have integrity would feel attacked by that .

And John Lekay telling us not to meddle in Lakota affairs . I thought we were interfering with the non Lakota people who are
interfering in Lakota affairs ? Is John Lekay imagining he is a Lakota now  ? Wouldn't be suprised .

He sure is making himself look silly ... But I guess he is too silly to even notice ..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 12:47:06 am by Moma_porcupine »

frederica

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 02:11:20 am »
Moma, you could be a Mono Migration Analyzer (MOMA). It's simply trash This type of information is twisted, little fact, mostly fiction. The puppets yield to the puppet master.  They have had their 15 minutes of fame. forget who said that. frederica

coffee_drinker

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 02:44:25 am »
Too Frickin Funny!!!!!!!
Can I say that ???????? Hope so...........

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 03:01:30 pm »
I notice that Lekay has gone from claiming we are all a bunch of Native racists (who even want a race war!) to saying none of us  are Native. He's changing his story faster than changing socks. By my count the Europeans in here number, what, three people out of over three hundred? And is Lekay so blind he doesn't even know where HE is from, and how hypocritical he's being? Yes and yes.

The story is getting even weirder.

http://davidyeagley.blogspot.com/2007/07/strange-bedfellows-new-age-exploiter.html#links

Strange Bedfellows: New Age Exploiter Promoter John Lekay and White Supremacist Supporter John Martin

Winston Churchill once said "There's nothing more exhilirating than getting sniped at to no effect." I think he meant it's always amusing to watch your self proclaimed enemies try and fail repeatedly to get at you. That is how I'm feeling more and more watching John Lekay constanty fall flat on his face.

Two articles and by my count more than fifty emails to nearly a dozen people, and the only person he can get to believe him is an open racist and white supremacist supporter facing criminal charges, John Martin. All that he's accomplished is convince more people that he is an obsessed and bizarre character who doesn't have any idea of what he's talking about.

Nearly all of them, you see, have in turn contacted me. The kinder comments people have sent me include things like, "Lekay needs help, professional help." "What's his problem?" "I will pray for the man because I feel sorry for him." The less kind comments, well, I'm starting to actually feel sorry for him too, so I won't publish them, especially the ones filled with profanity for Lekay.

This latest effort of his, of course, comes after more than forty posts on NAFPS where he just managed to convince everyone there that he's extremely longwinded, paranoid, and more than a little racist, not to mention a defender of New Age exploiters and other fringe characters out to do damage in Indian Country.

I don't think I've ever seen someone become so childish, petty, and paranoid over losing an argument online as Lekay. Most people would simply realize they aren't wanted and move on.

Lekay and John Martin apparently are now working together. So much for ideological principle. On the one side:

Lekay, a promoter of New Age fabricators about Native traditions such Suzanne Dupree and Mala Pope, an English dilettante living in New York who imagines himself an expert in Native peoples and eco activist, promoter of conspiracy theorists who do enormous damage to Native causes like Kevin Arnett.

John Martin, who is white supremacist David Yeagley's biggest supporter, risking prison to deliver a series of more than a dozen death threats to myself, Brent Michael Davids, and others.

John Martin even recently sent his brother Joe Martin over to NAFPS under the screen name "Pit Bull" to defend Jimmy La Vallee, who makes his career posing as a therapist. Unlike John, Joe actually presented himself calmly and politely, though his defense of La Vallee fell flat.

How do two people on the opposite sides of the political spectrum justify working with someone they would both normally despise, denounce, and work against? How did Hitler and Stalin justify working together? The extreme left, like Lekay, and the extreme right, like Martin and Yeagley, are a lot more alike than they want to admit.

I will make the prediction right now: Lekay is so driven by his petty obsession, losing arguments repeatedly to myself and other NAFPS, that he will very soon interview Yeagley on his online "magazine."

Lekay once had a tiny bit of credibility for giving interviews that brought attention to Native environmental causes. That credibility began vanishing when he promoted dubious characters on the fringe like Suzanne Dupree and spiritual exploiters like Mala Pope.

Any shred of respect any Natives ever had for him is disappearing faster and faster when Lekay lines up with people like John Martin and his beloved leader David Yeagley, one of the most despised and mocked persons in all of Indian Country.

Offline Skully

• 81 Forever
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 06:49:14 am »
Sounds like he's paddlin' a lekay canoe to me...   :'(
"Snitches are a dying breed." KK81, 2008

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 01:16:02 pm »
*groan*

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 02:30:22 pm »
I wonder how Annika feels about having her picture posted in Lekay's magazine ? I remember how upset Raven was when someone
in the CKY showed a picture she had posted of herself online and how unsafe she said that made her feel . So why is Raven supporting John lekay doing this to Annika ( who has never done anything except be REALLY REALLY NICE ) . Did anyone ask Annika's permission ?

Aaah, thank you very much for your kind words, Moma_porcupine.  :)

I came back from South Dakota today, have met up with lots of wonderful people, got a chance to inform the Tribal Council  about the film and have talked to spiritual leaders about the ongoing exploitation in Europe. It has been an honour to meet so many respected tribal members and we have shared ideas on how to proceed with the film and what can be done to stop the exploitation of Lakota ceremonies.

And then I came back and checked in here....and.....wow!  :o   No, Moma, I have not been asked for permission.  And I don´t have a clue why I am up there with a photo since I wasn´t even involved in that discussion. And I have not written any private email to Robin, they have confused me with someone else, just like Al said.

I have been flooded with emails from John Le Kay. I´ve been nothing but respectful to him and I am not quite sure what he wants from me. I have asked....but still I don´t know. I guess he wants me to stop the film  which I have told him won´t happen. So I would rather see he took my photo down as I am not involved in that issue what so ever - but I guess he won´t and if so, I am not wasting any energy on it. I have more important things to do...... ;)  :)

frederica

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 04:08:47 pm »
I saw today he is posting to other lists requesting interviews from anyone the "feels" mistreated by NAFPS. He is having someone do it for him, and their replies for interview forwarded to him or Jimmy LaVallee at their e-mail address. frederica

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 05:26:17 pm »
Look for more of the same loons to repeat themselves. Look for pouting from Scarlet and ranting from Weylin. And like I said before, expect an interview with Yeagley.

Each one that he interviews just drags Lekay's credibility further down.

Most of the people Lekay has contacted have told me he "offered to get them help". In other words, he seems to be soliciting clients for La Vallee's business. I wonder if Lekay has gone through "treatment" by La Vallee himself?

An idea occurred me: a thread called We Take Pride In Those Who Call Us Their "Enemy".

That, plus a thread called NAFPS Is Proud to Work With Or Be Used As a Resource By...listing all the groups we've worked with and all the sites listing us as a good source. Maybe as stickies, or better yet, a section on the opening page newagefraud.org, right by Who We Are.

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 06:17:00 pm »
We should probably thank Lekay for the publicity.  ;D

I would think most people who read through a few pages here , will see reasonable people wanting to protect the uninformed public , Native traditions and identity from abuse . It doesn't seem likely many people will see the efforts here to protect people from exploitation and misinformation ,  as us being the bad guys . Except by those who are personally invested in maintaing a fraud or exploiter. 

I did wonder why Lekay would be so desperate to discredit us ( assuming he isn't completely irrational ) and wondered if it might have to do with trying to discredit the movie Freija mentioned.  I imagine a movie  that will educate people about the damage being done by abuse of traditional ways , will be quite threateneing to some people .

frederica

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 06:46:22 pm »
What Al says sounds good, I posted that as I just wanted the person who posted on the other list to see it. I get bored with passive-aggressive behavior. lol, so decided to do some of my own. All you do is have to think about the LaVallee one. frederica