Author Topic: Alyson Charles "Rock Star Shaman"  (Read 2964 times)

Offline mikahbee

Alyson Charles "Rock Star Shaman"
« on: May 09, 2020, 04:58:02 pm »
There's a lot to unpack with this woman. I recently found her on Instagram, and quickly zeroed in on her "teaching" of spirit animals. I haven't found any personal information that speaks to her age or heritage, but seeing price tags attached to shamanic meditation packages and "third eye certification" on the same page set off alarm bells.

Included is her insta link page, look at the titles of some of these links alone.
https://linktr.ee/iamalysoncharles

The link to "support indigenous causes here" does not link to a reputable indigenous nonprofit or the like, but rather to the https://www.aniwa.co/ "gathering of wisdom", gathering "elders" (see link at the very bottom of page) to do ceremonies and the like. The cost for this last year was $700 for five days camping. I checked many of the names listed there to this site and non pinged, but some of the bios also raised alarms because the claims seemed similar to those demonstrated on this site.

Both the Aniwa site, through imagery and copy (this time attributed to a Lee Brown of the "Rainbow Prophecy Salish Tribe 1985), as well as Alyson, reference Rainbow Warrior prophecies, which have been debunked/traced on this site.

Here is Alyson's public profile page, where she also talks about spirit animals, how she "downloaded" her Rock Star Shaman name, and other such eyebrow raising things.
https://m.facebook.com/rockstarshaman/

There is also an Alyson Charles who is a Canadian speedskater, so Google sometimes conflates the two when searching. But Alyson the speedskater is 21 and a black woman, for reference.

Here is a link to The Boa Foundation that apparently started the Aniwa group/retreats. It positions itself as a non profit with indigenous interests. https://www.theboafoundation.org/about-us

I know this is a lot of people in one spot but they all appear to be connected and helping each other profit.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 12:16:28 am by educatedindian »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Alyson Charles "Rock Star Shaman"
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 01:01:30 am »
Aniwa and Boa are connected, but have no connection at all to Charles that I can see, beyond her endorsing them on her site. Boa lists these projects they do as a nonprofit:

"We facilitate funding for indigenous land buybacks and preservation of sacred land and culture.

We support eco-friendly solutions in indigenous villages building up culture and biodiversity.

We connect ancestral wisdom with modern tech creating a bridge between the heart and mind.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Project Cost$50,000 Indigenous Conference and gathering
Project Cost$10,000 Well and land purchase for Wixarika
Project Cost$250,000 Yorenka Tasorentsi Land Conservation Project
Project Cost$52,000 Preservation of Sacred Land, Wirikuta Desert

OUR IMPACT
Since 2015 The Boa Foundation has worked with indigenous communities worldwide to preserve sacred wisdom and land through reforestation and land buybacks.
3,629 Acres Bought
$250,000 Funding Raised
73 Cultural Gatherings"

The elders they feature seem to be almost all serious activists. "Founder of Native Mothers Against Meth." "Environmental administrator." "Treasurer of her tribe." "Primary school teacher." "Anthropologist." "Musician." Master carver."

The only exception I see is a Nuage flake saying she is Maori. "KIRAR TARAISHIA....HAVING LIVED 9YRS ON A SACRED STARGATE PORTAL SITE; SHE HAS BEEN PERSONALLY TAUGHT BY 'THEM' (I.E. COUNCILS OF LIGHT - THE ELOHIM; WHITE BROTHERHOOD; PLEIADES; STAR NATIONS; GALACTIC FEDERATION; ASCENDED MASTERS; ANGELS OF ATLANTIS"

Two of the founders seem to have goofy Nuage ideas though. There is some claimed healing by the "Spa Ship" at these cultural gatherings, which is what they call them. There's also some "power animal mask making" and a goofy "rainbow warrior" title to a lecture on teaching kids about peace.

Best I can tell, none of these activists have any part of that. They are there to give speeches about their causes and cultures.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Alyson Charles "Rock Star Shaman"
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 01:14:32 am »
Charles herself is something else. A former track star deluding herself into imagining being a shaman at 25 whose fallen for and now repeats a hodgepodge of ridiculous contradictory claims. She pretends or kids herself into being an expert in a dozen mutually exclusive practices. Those that are not Nuage fraud, each one of them would take many years to master.

Just from her Youtube channel videos, where she thankfully has under 300 followers:

"Soul Journey Hosted by Alyson Charles - Look Inside Bali's Most Magical Ayurvedic Resort!

Live Shamanic Activations, Hosted by Alyson Charles, at the World's Largest-Ever Female-Led Festival

Soul Reboot Hosted by Alyson Charles EP 14: The Great Miracle Medicine of Finding Your Divine Tribe

Soul Reboot Hosted by Alyson Charles: EP 13 "The Calling of Cacao" with Author Christine Olivia

Soul Reboot EP 12: Ancient Wisdoms from Amazonian Master Shaman & Ashaninka Tribe Chief Benki Piyako

Soul Reboot Hosted by Alyson Charles: EP 11 Walking the Shamanic Path with Indigenous Cultures

Soul Reboot Hosted by Alyson Charles: EP 10 "No Mud, No Lotus" w/ Entrepreneur & Artist Shane Heath

How To Keep Your Soul Lit & Your Bank Account Full, All While Changing The World With Sahara Rose

Top Motivational Lessons From A 3 X World Champion Who Left The Industry To Follow Her Heart"

That last one seems closest to what she actually is, a young and perhaps incredibly naive and gullible motivational speaker who poses as a shaman. She herself seems incredibly lost and trying to attach herself to anything and everything she finds, no matter how obviously dubious or fraudulent it is.