Author Topic: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"  (Read 1244321 times)

Offline goozih

Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"
« Reply #930 on: February 12, 2011, 08:50:24 am »
Just watched the latest video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecPI3CpsKHo&feature=player_embedded
She doesn't try to sound Native anymore, she looks stressed out, and if you choose to be "negative" : your car will be flipped over 13:16 of video,she also is reading from a script.oops I spoke too soon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCN69KdF7EE&feature=related
Anyway I think the message for 2011 is don't listen to those bad people at NAFPS the same as 2010 I guess.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:15:10 am by goozih »

Offline nemesis

« Reply #931 on: February 12, 2011, 10:41:18 am »
goozih

The video I get from both your links is this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCN69KdF7EE&feature=related

Which is an urgent message from Kiesha telling her followers to wear a piece of crystal on a simple leather twine.

This is going to be a bit of a tangent, but please bear with me.

I watched this video a couple of times and it got me thinking about a pseudo-tantric/taoist organisation that advocates that women follow the path of the "white tigress" which basically means that they advise that women effectively steal male sexual energy (a form of sexual vampirism) by performing unprotected fellatio with many different men and swallowing.

This organisation actually manufactures and sells chokers for "white tigresses" to wear.

You can see the product here

http://www.taotraditions.com/TigressSection/ProductsFolder/Choker.html

It occurs to me that apart from being a revenue stream for them ($49.99 per cheap item) women who purchase and wear this item can be immediately identified as women who buy into this particular practice.  I suppose I am  thinking that the women can be easily taken advantage of if they identify themselves in this way.

Back to Kiehsa and her crystals...

Anyone attending a Kiesha event and doing as she advises and wearing a crystal in the way she says is immediately identifiable to Kiesha and her handlers as a person who is a truly devoted follower and who is thus an easy touch for donations, voluntary work or anything else they might have in mind.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the crystal necklace things but I just wanted to share my thoughts re this.

Offline goozih

« Reply #932 on: February 12, 2011, 11:17:08 am »
I fixed my post ,put the wrong link on first video. Thanks! And yes that makes sense.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:20:42 am by goozih »

Offline nemesis

« Reply #933 on: February 12, 2011, 11:39:08 am »
wow!

no time to watch the whole video but from the 1st few minutes she does look stressed, especially when you can see her hands, she is actually wringing her hands as she speaks.  He accent has completely changed.  Her hair looks a bit darker also.

Thanks for sharing goozih :)

Offline Saga

« Reply #934 on: February 12, 2011, 02:00:05 pm »
Hehe, same vid I posted on top of the page, I think. Didn't watch it tho, only that she wears the same clothes. :)

And yes, if some group has some specific symbol they wear, it is easy to recognize them from larger groups for what ever purpose. Bit like the nazi bands etc. :) Altho, with crystals, most of the "new agers" have some sort of crystal, majority of them probably have clear quartzes, whether they follow KC or not, since it is described in gem books as the most effective over all healing and what ever stone.

Offline Yx Chebel Yax

« Reply #935 on: February 12, 2011, 06:42:03 pm »
Hi there again and thank you Freija for your greetings. Just saw the video mentioned above
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecPI3CpsKHo&feature=player_embedded.
Reacted toward:
“You don’t have to go out there and protest…… to really change this planet”
“It was prophesized by many tribes that a group of people called the Rainbow Children would come..”
“That is us…”
“We are the Tribe of many Colors”.
“We are the ones that will change this planet through our hearts…”

So Kiesha Crowther is the self-elected leader and she will lead us to a new better world… so we’ve better pay attention…
What about all the protesters in Egypt should they have stayed at home?  The people of Egypt got united toward an unwanted president and he’s gone now. Hopefully Egypt now will turn toward democracy.

I’ve been working with refugees for many years, coming from many parts of the world and many of them tell me how bravely they’ve been fighting for freedom and democracy. And I tell you that they were wonderful, warm people that had gone through terrible hardships but still if I went to their homes they gave me the very  best they could from what they had.  I learnt a good lesson there to be humble at heart and to see that we are all brothers and sister and so alike.

A very dangerous recommendation to pacify people not to combat injustices and react. You can still be loving with a big heart there is no contradiction. To criticize is to be negative and not good. But the thing is that Kiesha herself is criticizing a lot of things herself.

Well just a few thoughts. The very best to you all people and my respect.  :)

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Albert Einstein

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #936 on: February 12, 2011, 08:19:02 pm »
So Kiesha Crowther is the self-elected leader and she will lead us to a new better world… so we’ve better pay attention…
What about all the protesters in Egypt should they have stayed at home?  The people of Egypt got united toward an unwanted president and he’s gone now. Hopefully Egypt now will turn toward democracy.

;D I had exactly the same thought! In Kiesha´s FB-group, people have constantly cheered the Egypts on, sending them love and light in their struggle. It must be very disappointing for Kiesha that her followers are going against what she says.

It´s a scary thought that she encourages people not to protest against injustice, crimes, abuse etc. If people stop standing up for a better world, we´ll end up in an inferno...!

Offline czech

« Reply #937 on: February 12, 2011, 08:21:25 pm »

It must be very disappointing for Kiesha that her followers are going against what she says.

Hopefully it is also very disappointing for her followers that Kiesha advises against their common sense!

« Reply #938 on: February 12, 2011, 09:00:45 pm »
Can I get clarification on something - a page or two back there was a post made by whom I thought was Robert McDonald stating there would be a cskt website release as to the non association to LG.

Here is comment communication from a video:
  @mauilandwalker Guess what? I spoke with him this afternoon and he says they will NOT be releasing a statement against Kiesha. He said that they do not know her and that they do not know a falling feathers. That is it. He said that they cannot say she is a fake. There will be no statement from the Salish released online. NAFPS can take down their fake Salish statement now. That one is not real. Let's not forget how Al Carroll used to call Don Alejandro a FAKE on his frauds board. I won't.

Thi was a response to the following:
mauilandwalker
@JaneEyre1920 I still have the voicemail Robert left me confirming what will soon be on the Flathead Rez website. Keep watching. Shift of the Ages FB page as that is Don Alejandro's disassociation of Kiesha. May you see the truth. Travel in light love and purpose.

JaneEyre1920
@mauilandwalker There is nothing on the CSKT website, Don Alejandro's page, or any other tribe's page denouncing Kiesha. You are all going on hearsay. If the tribes were that outraged about her one would think they would put something up about her. Look at Al Carrolls article on indbay tribe of many dollars. In the comments section a Kootenai woman says she doesn't care what Kiesha does. Apparently they don't feel threatened by Kiesha and do not object to her.
4 days ago

my question- who's telling the truth?

Offline czech

« Reply #939 on: February 12, 2011, 09:11:03 pm »
This statement can still be found on the Facebook page of the Shift of the Ages:

Shift of the Ages:

"We are increasingly asked about the person you mention Sarah Johns and would like to make a statement in response to your posting.

SOTA does not know and has no affiliation with Keisha Crowther aka "Little Grandmother." Don Alejandro "Wandering Wolf" does not know or "recognize" her as a "Shaman," "Wisdom Keeper," or "Elder" of the Continental Council of Indigenous Elders of the Americas as she claims. Neither Don Alejandro nor the SOTA project authorized use of "Wandering Wolf's" messages or the SOTA video material used in support of the personal opinions she shares in her videos and viral messages. Much of information she is sharing is misleading and "taken" out of context.

SOTA is not here to push anyone else down. The truth will eventually reach the surface. Our prayers are that Mrs. Crowther learns a valuable lesson and she, as well as her team and followers, benefit as result."

The statement by Robert McDonald I quoted some pages back was copied from the discussion below Al Carroll's article and it was posted there by a person who communicated with him, not directly by him.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 09:14:49 pm by czech »

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #940 on: February 12, 2011, 11:19:13 pm »
I would suggest that anyone who has doubts about a statement going up on the CSKT site contact Rob directly. the last time I spoke to him he told me there would be one going up.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"
« Reply #941 on: February 12, 2011, 11:38:33 pm »
Heartoftruthandlight,

There has been a lot of crazy stuff posted on youtube comments, and wild claims by anonymous posters (and their sockpuppets) on various sites. I'd just encourage you to take the time to get to know people, and to not trust anyone's claims about themselves on sites like that unless and until you get to know them in real life; and that includes getting to know other members of their communities that can vouch for them. As far as what's available on this site, I know there's a lot to read here, but I think anyone just coming into this needs to take the time and read through it :)

Offline Saga

« Reply #942 on: February 14, 2011, 08:20:09 am »
SOTA statement is still in Shift of the Ages facebook page, under the comment that had something to do with Kiesha and the Salish statement on January 17th. There are no more official statement in there than that one comment under someone's post, but that should be enough to say that there is a comment, since  it is written by them.

Anyway, that wasn't what I came here to write. I heard more rumors (from people who are trustworthy to know something about the subject). About people, who could have used their hard saved money to something else than supporting her "mission" (2000 dollars this time) in the beginning when she was so "broke". And then Kiesha did went to Sweden and Denmark to work, but also took week off and went to private trip to England with Jennifer... i wonder how broke you'll have to be to fly all over the world and have extra travel money for vacations as well....

In any case, especially with youtube comments, it is better not to take just about EVERYTHING as a truth, even tho there might be some of it in those too.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:55:22 pm by Saga »

Offline Saga

« Reply #943 on: February 14, 2011, 08:54:23 pm »
Ok, more information. Kiesha is looking for lawyers amongst tribers to sue opposers for libel or something, don't know the exact words, since she is not my friend but she has posted something on her page about it.

I do hope that she acknowledges that she needs to prove all about her own part in court then too to be sure that there is libel... since most opposers have been respectful and speaking the truth, if not counting some more imaginative writings when really pissed off or hurt about her part in things.

Offline AlaskaGrl

Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother" :: NDN Video on YouTube
« Reply #944 on: February 14, 2011, 10:40:43 pm »
Passing it around.. keep it going....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=albQnbN4JjQ
((this is the corrected link)) 

"""This video documents the controversy that is going on in the Native American community over Kiesha Crowther's false statement that she is the shaman of the "Sioux and Salish tribe" and the money she has been making from this false claim.  I am mirroring this video so that non-Indian people can have some understanding as to the pain that pretenders like Kiesha Crowther cause native people.  I want non-Indians to understand that only way to stop the exploitation of indigenous peoples' spirituality is for people to STOP paying ANY money for it. Authentic spiritual leaders would never charge money. Ceremonies are not open to anyone who can pay a price - our spirituality is much too sacred for that.

If you have respect and compassion for the indigenous peoples of this land, then allow us to be the guardians of the spirituality that our ancestors developed. Do not support Kiesha Crowther and others like her who exploit our spiritual practices for profit. Native people and our true friends who want to take action, can do several things:

Sign the petition:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/littlegrandmother/         ((link fixed))

Join the Facebook group: League of Pissed off NDNZ for updates
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_141321945930866

or the new online forum
NDN 360

http://www.network54.com/Forum/673795

Native American activists and our friends are encouraged to mirror this video.

Also post this video to forums, blogs and facebook pages and speak out whenever someone exploits Native spiritual practices for money.

One source for information on conditions on the Pine Ridge reservation is here:

http://tinyurl.com/ypmx52        

FAIR USE STATEMENT
This video may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. we believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.  In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/...    If you wish to use copyrighted material from this video for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner """

Linda.

))did some edits to correct broken links((
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 01:01:10 am by Spiral Walk »