Author Topic: Ancestral Voices/ Phillip Scott  (Read 142269 times)

Offline ironbuffalo

Ancestral Voices/ Phillip Scott
« on: August 10, 2007, 10:31:13 pm »

This man Phillip Scott aka "Tsunka Wakan Sapa/ Chief Black Horse"  ::) is active in my area. Apparentley, Crow Dog made him a "chief" at some twinkie sundance in Texas. He is running sweats just up the road from me it seems, as well as charging for "healings" and "naming ceremonies". I want to shut this guy down.

http://www.ancestralvoice.org/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:47:39 pm by ironbuffalo »

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Ancestral Voices/ Phillip Scott
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 02:34:46 am »
Yuck. OPne of Mary "Thunder" Grimes' people no doubt. She runs a sundance in Texas for wannabes. One thing you might do is contact the CNO since he claims that he is Western Cherokee.

frederica

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 04:59:04 pm »
May be one of these groups. Barbara Lindsey One Nation United used that, and they all wouldn't claim her. Another certified EMT teaches CPR at his workshops also.  http://www.westerncherokee.org/   http://westerncherokee.net/   http://westerncherokee.com/    frederica     

frederica

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 05:04:41 pm »

Offline ironbuffalo

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 02:03:47 pm »

Thanks folks. For starters I am going to get some flyers made up on this guy and post them around the local area. I have other "actions" in mind as well ;-).

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 07:32:59 am »
Yet one more claiming to be Toltec, seems to be a Castaneda wannabe too.

"THE ROAD TO FEARLESSNESS - THE PATH OF THE AWAKENED WARRIOR
Coupling the awareness of the principles of warriorship that can be adopted to suit contemporary life with the aid of indigenous and toltec practices, we discover, examine, confront and begin to eliminate the fears and stumbling blocks which prevent us from finding fulfillment, purpose and Freedom in our lives.
For more information, please contact ANCESTRAL VOICE at (415) 897-7991
or E-mail us at: Info@ancestralvoice.org
Prayers, Blessings & Gratitude,
Phillip"

So the Toltec were not indigenous, according to him?

Also:

"PURIFICATION LODGE
Commonly referred to as a “sweatlodge???, the purification lodge is an ancient, indigenous prayer and healing ceremony, which combines the sacred elements- Air, Fire and Water- within the womb of the Earth. The ceremony is conducted in a traditional manner."

If you use terms taken from European paganism, it isn't traditional. Neither is an alleged Cherokee doing pseudo Lakota ceremonies.

IB, let us know about any other actions you take.

This link shows some of the organizers of his twink gathering in San Jose, led by "lightworkers".
http://metaphysics.meetup.com/249/calendar/6048173/

And of course he teaches how to make your own medicine wheel. So when he says "taught by many elders" it really means paid for seminars by several exploiters.

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 12:00:40 pm »
Surely that should read

THE PATH OF THE WEEKEND WARRIOR

Offline ironbuffalo

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 02:03:08 pm »
From one of his groupies

"Strong medicine ceremony, authentic heart~principle based practical wisdom transmissions, cool animal sounds, powerful Native voice & songs, warm journeying memories. Phillip embodies & shines the healing Spiritual Warrior~Shaman spirit."

LMFAO. This guys even uses sound effects!

Offline ironbuffalo

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 09:14:48 pm »

I looked at his schedule for August, and the sweat he had listed for Aug 28th at 12:00 noon has been removed. I have been asking around here about him, and I wonder if he smells trouble. Dunno...but at least it is one less thing he is doing here.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 06:19:47 pm »
Phillip Scott is still active.  His followers are now claiming, among other things, that he made their cancer go into remission http://www.ancestralvoice.org/Testimonials.shtml.

He is still claiming CNO.
Bio:
Of Western Band Tsalagi (Cherokee) Ancestry, Phillip Scott/ Tsunka Wakan Sapa (Black Horse) has walked the Native Path for over thirty years, learning from traditional Medicine/Holy people, tribal Spiritual leaders, shamans and elders from various cultures. Sundancing for the past twenty consecutive years, he is a ceremonial Chief in the Lakota tradition, entrusted with sharing Indigenous wisdom and traditional healing practices with the contemporary world – including the arenas of education, modern medicine, religion and business. Interviewed both nationally and internationally on radio, television and for newspapers, his life and wisdom have been featured in journals and books.  In addition to directing and teaching the programs at Ancestral Voice - Center for Indigenous Lifeways in Northern California, which he founded in 1994, he maintains a private healing practice, performs ceremonies, lectures, conducts intensives and leads pilgrimages worldwide.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 09:11:49 pm »
Scott was scheduled for an event at Ten Thousand Villages in Boston tonight which, thanks to the support of allies, has been cancelled. Mr Scott claims to have some sort of documentation from Leonard Crow Dog stating he is in fact a chief  :o  He also claims his father was enrolled CNO.  One of the individuals responsible for getting the event cancelled tonight is expecting a phone call from him.  Hopefully she will chime in as to how that went :)

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 12:40:02 pm »
remember cherokee dont do sweat lodges,
and talking with Crow Dog many people have these claim but most are not true
we had to ask him about another individual and said he never taught most of these
people
In Spirit

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 12:43:34 pm »
What should be done is asking the name of his relatives
people who do ceremony must tell you that and you have a
right to ask for his enrollment and the dates when he was given this
rights, and all ceremonies must be done in our language so check
to see if he speak and what language
In Spirit

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 01:38:16 pm »
Thanks earth. I have not yet had a chance to speak with Scott.  The woman who chose to take point on contacting Ten Thousand Villages and who spoke with Scott's supposed teacher, Tom Medicine Wolf (who claims to be Shoshone) is supposed to pass my number along so the right questions can be asked.

Supposedly Scott has been dancing at Crow Dog's for decades, he was also supposedly presented with items he should not have.  If I can get an address on him I'll be calling fish and wildlife.

I know for a fact Scott is not enrolled.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 03:46:30 pm »
Here is the page for the Boston event -

http://boston.tenthousandvillages.com/calenderevents/view/detail/id/1624

One Family, Many Villages
April 19, 2012

5:30 - 7:30 pm
We are delighted to announce and welcome you to an evening of traditional teachings and ceremony conducted by Chief Black Horse to sanctify our village, heal ourselves and to remind us that, as the Lakota word Mitakuye Oyasin translates, we are all related.

Bio:
Of Western Band Tsalagi (Cherokee) Ancestry, Phillip Scott/ Tsunka Wakan Sapa (Black Horse) has walked the Native Path for over thirty years, learning from traditional Medicine/Holy people, tribal Spiritual leaders, shamans and elders from various cultures. Sundancing for the past twenty consecutive years, he is a ceremonial Chief in the Lakota tradition, entrusted with sharing Indigenous wisdom and traditional healing practices with the contemporary world – including the arenas of education, modern medicine, religion and business. Interviewed both nationally and internationally on radio, television and for newspapers, his life and wisdom have been featured in journals and books. In addition to directing and teaching the programs at Ancestral Voice - Center for Indigneous Lifeways in Northern California, which he founded in 1994, he maintains a private healing practice, performs ceremonies, lectures, conducts intensives and leads pilgrimages worldwide.