Author Topic: William Burchett AKA William Jervis AKA Turtle Fire Walker AKA Medicine Turtle  (Read 258124 times)

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: William Jervis
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2009, 07:39:40 pm »
A new section about Sun Bear has been added to this site:

http://www.indianermedizinmann.com/sunbear.html

From Sunbear's view his medicine is only complete when he can share it after is life on earth. This is only possible when someone does his ceremonies. So he can live through Firewalker and, through Firewalker, can teach other persons.

Sunbear and Firewalker used a sacred medicine to combine their energy and knowledge to be one.

During sweatlodge ceremonies, Firewalker and Sunbear can talk to each other.
Firewalker is the only person on earth who knows the sacred medicine of Sunbear.

Wow. This is a whole new, appalling level of "the only good Indian is a..."

I mean, we've seen lots of frauds pop out of the woodwork with outlandish claims right after someone dies, but this takes exploitation of the dead into a realm of offensiveness that it is physically nauseating. He's actually claiming Indians are more effective spiritually after they die, so white people will now speak for them. Extra points for the white person being a deluded white stranger the dead guy probably never met.

I would never defend LaDuke/Sunbear, and it could be argued these debacles are LaDuke's own fault for spawning frauds like this, but I do have to cringe over what his family must feel about white strangers from Europe basically claiming to be their dead relative. Someone who knows them personally might want to say something to his family.

And as for his ridiculous, and equally unsubstantiated, bullshit "Irish druid" claims.... Ha! Let's just say my people have never heard of this German loon, either. I doubt the man knows any more Gaeilge than he does Cherokee, and he's shown he knows zero about what our ancestors believed and practiced.

Even if we were to believe for a second that the fraud is Cherokee, or even American, WTF gives him the right to Plains culture ceremonies?

I know I'm repeating myself here, but this guy astounds me with his level of craziness and persistence.

Is this one of the things the Dead Indian Who Lives in His Head told him to do?

[edited to fix image URL and insert quote]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:32:16 am by Kathryn »

frederica

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2009, 08:51:55 pm »
Looks like a rug that people put in a child's room.  Strange color for a bear. Never seen one bluish grey.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2009, 01:26:02 am »
That is one odd picture. Maybe the color comes from it either being very old and worn out, not tanned correctly, or even being artificial. And what at first looks like a feather hangning down... It looks like he may be wearing what's supposed to be an eagle fan as an earring.

I never knew medicine men were supposed to have CVs. :o Jervis manages to be both appalling and comical at the same time. And claiming to be "blood brother" to Laduke? That's a Hollywood lie about the Blackfoot.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2009, 01:42:49 am »
I've always assumed the bear skin is as fake as he is. I think Frederica is right - I think it's one of those synthetic novelty rugs they sell for children's rooms.

There are plenty of pics on his MySpace site that are almost as weird. I linked to some of them further up in the thread, but he keeps adding more: Jervis's MySpace photos

Laurel

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2009, 07:27:45 pm »
OMG!  He killed Baloo!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2009, 09:43:10 pm »
OMG!  He killed Baloo!

HAHAHAHA So this must be the Shameonick Power Dance he channeled from The Bear Spirit Who Lives On His Head (not to be confused with The Dead Indian Who Lives In His Head. Or, wait, Sunbear... Uh... Maybe you've found Sunbear's secret name that only FlameButt knows): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cevn4xVts4g

Give him $1,000 and he'll teach the Power Dance to you, too.  8)

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Turtle Firewind and "He who knows"
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2009, 08:20:05 am »
Here are two more Lakota and Cherokee who will be touring Europe selling their wares this summer and fall According to their flyer these two have been in Europe touring before - I am not very good at translating German, but this is close to what they are selling/saying

Planned tour with Lakota medicine man He Who Knows and Cherokee medicine man Turtle of wind Firewalker

these spiritual leaders will be teaching the Indian way of communication with your power animal. They also talk about "dead veterinary medicine after the origins of the Indians of North America" (sorry I don't have a clue what that is) he will teach Spiritualität that Europeans don't usually get  90 Euro

sweat lodge ceremonies with overnight stay in own tent, Storytelling, ceremony, massage,  50 Euro

If you would like to organize an organization, seminar or workshop, you can participate and get a procent compensation and admittance to the seminar or workshop free of charge.  Please write us per e-mail if you would like participate

here is their schedule - April 10, May 8, 9, 10, 16, 18, June 11, 13-20,Luxemburg,  the back to Germany 25, 26, July 4, 10-12, 25, 26,  August 12, 13, 14-17, Austria - September – Sweden 

Turtle Fire Wind is claimed to be a respected Cherokee medicine man and "He Who Knows" (??) is an 80 year old "traditional Lakota Medicineman"

for more information -  www.indianermedizinmann.com

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Turtle Firewind and "He who knows"
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2009, 09:48:21 am »
Moderators, can you please put this into the thread on William Jervis/Firewalker in the fraud section - it's him again.

Offline wolfhawaii

Re: Turtle Firewind and "He who knows"
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2009, 03:24:31 pm »
Here are two more Lakota and Cherokee who will be touring Europe selling their wares this summer and fall According to their flyer these two have been in Europe touring before - I am not very good at translating German, but this is close to what they are selling/saying

Planned tour with Lakota medicine man He Who Knows and Cherokee medicine man Turtle of wind Firewalker

Turtle Fire Wind is claimed to be a respected Cherokee medicine man and "He Who Knows" (??) is an 80 year old "traditional Lakota Medicineman"

for more information -  www.indianermedizinmann.com

There is not a snowball's chance in hell this guy is a "Cherokee medicine man" respected or not!

Offline Elke

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2009, 05:47:01 pm »
If you really want to see an "Indian Dance"  please look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heGi0VA5KQ8

somebody posted that in a German forum today... argh....

Offline AnnOminous

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2009, 06:17:02 am »
WTF was that?
Good lord.

Offline Elke

« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2009, 05:04:57 pm »
From here:
http://www.forumromanum.de/member/forum/entry_ubb.user_288051.2.1108585498.1108585498.1.lakota_indianer_tour-indianer_nordamerikas.html

EYE TUWE SLO WAYA
HE WHO KNOWS
www.lakotaindianer.com

Der traditionelle Oglala Sioux (Lakota) EYE TUWE SLO WAYA - HE WHO KNOWS - ER, DER ES WEIß, entstammt einer alten Lakotafamilie und wurde im Jahre 1928 auf Pine Ridge geboren.
Seine Vorfahren väterlicherseits stammen aus der Familie von Crazy Horse und Sitting Bull und kämpften mit bei der Schlacht am Little Big Horn. Seine Mutter war Cherokee aus der Reservation in Carolina.

Als He Who Knows 15 Jahre alt war nahm ihn ein Cherokeefreund aus Carolina mit zum Rodeo. Dort verdiente er die ersten 5 Dollar seines Lebens. Nie zuvor sah er soviel Geld. Er entschied sich beim Rodeo zu bleiben und wurde professioneller Rodeoreiter und arbeitete als Indianercowboy auf verschiedenen Ranchen. Bis zu seinem fünfzigsten Lebensjahr bestritt er Rodeos.

Um seine Vision zu erfüllen ritt er vom 15. Mai bis 19. July 1987 von Iowa nach Cheyenne Wyoming.

Seine Tochter Carmen Rising Sun Pope heiratete den stammesübergreifenden Medizinmann Rolling Thunder. Carmen Rising Sun Pope ist eine Medizinfrau und durch ihre Heirat mit Rolling Thunder nun auch dem Paint Clan der Cherokee zugehörig. Sie schrieb das Buch: "Rolling Thunder Speaks - A Message For Turtle Iland". Rolling Thunder stammt aus einer Medizinfamilie, sein Großvater wurde ermordet als er noch ein kleiner Junge war. Rolling Thunders Interesse an Medizin war nicht nur in den Traditionen der Cherokee, seine Lehrer waren unter anderem Gary Horse von den Paiutes, Frank Fool‘s Crow von den Sioux und Mad Bear Anderson von den Tuscarora. Rolling Thunder war einer der ersten Medizinmänner, die auch Nichtindianer an seinen Zeremonien teilhaben ließsen und heilte.

Im Oktober 2008 war He Who Knows das erste Mal in Europa. Der WDR produzierte einen kleinen Beitrag über ihn: Link zum WDR Beitrag

Offline Elke

« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2009, 05:15:32 pm »
From here:
http://www.forumromanum.de/member/forum/entry_ubb.user_288051.2.1108585498.1108585498.1.lakota_indianer_tour-indianer_nordamerikas.html

EYE TUWE SLO WAYA
HE WHO KNOWS
www.lakotaindianer.com

The traditional Oglala Sioux (Lakota) EYE TUWE SLO WAYA - HE WHO KNOWS - ER, DER ES WEIß, comes from an old Lakota family and was born 1928 at Pine Ridge .

His paternal ancestors came from the families of Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull and fought at the battle of Little Bighorn. His mother was Cherokee from a Reservation in Carolina.
When He Who Knows was 15, a Cherokee friend from Carolina took him to Rodeo. There he earned the first 5 Dollar of his life. Never before he saw so much money. He decided to stay at Rodeos and became a professional Rodeo rider and worked as Indian cowboy at various ranches. Until his 50s year of life,he did Rodeos.

For getting his vision alive, he rode from Iowa to Cheyenne Wyoming from May, 15th to July, 19th 1987.

Offline Elke

« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2009, 05:26:29 pm »

His daughter Carmen rising sun Pope maried the inter-tribal medizine man Rolling Thunder. Carmen rising sun Pope is a medicine woman and belonges now,because of this marriage,  also to the paint clan of the Cherokee. She wrote the book "Rolling Thunder speaks- A message  for turtle island". Rolling Thunder comes from a medicine family, his grandfather was killed when he was a small boy. Rolling Thunders interrest for medicine was not just in tradition of the Cherokee, his teachers were also Gary Horse (Paiute), Frank Fools Crow (Sioux) and Mad Bear Anderson (Tuscarora). Rolling Thunder was one of the first medicine men, who allowed Not-NA to paricipate on Ceremonies and healed them.
Octobre 2008 He Who Knows was the first time in Europe. The WDR (a TV station) produced a small (TV)report about him: Link to the report

Offline Elke

« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2009, 05:30:01 pm »
I found that today in an German forum and just wonder if anybody knows something about that.

I simply don't know how to handle this old man.
Dos he know what is going on here or does he just want to have a nice trip to Europe.
Does anybody here know him?

What is going on here? why going with Jervis?

mhmmm... just wondering.

Greetings from Elke