Author Topic: Update on Bennie Lebeau's ceremony  (Read 20899 times)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Update on Bennie Lebeau's ceremony
« on: October 29, 2004, 12:57:30 am »
The one on Mount Rainier that was supposed to heal the mountain? The mountain claimed another person a few days ago.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Update on Bennie Lebeau's ceremony
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 05:40:10 pm »
Yesterday, they found another body on MT. Rainier. I think that is eight people killed on the mountain since Bennie "healed" it.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 07:04:31 pm »
Could you post some links on these deaths, perhaps from a local paper's website? It'd help if we could point right away to a source when we have to try and explain to people these kinds of things really do happen when you mess with ceremony and don't know what you're doing.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 08:09:56 pm »
Ok, newest deaths from climbing first:
http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=climbers26m&date=20041026&query=Mount+Rainier+climbers

By Jennifer Sullivan
Seattle Times staff reporter

"With only his right hand free, Matt Little frantically dug himself out of what might have been his snowy tomb.

It took the 23-year-old construction worker about half an hour Sunday to paw his way out of the fresh avalanche on the southeast face of Mount Rainier. But by the time he reached his best friend and roommate, 21-year-old Aaron Koester, it was too late. "

"Koester was the fifth person to die on Mount Rainier this year.

In late June, climbers Ansel Vizcaya and Luke Casady, both of Montana, were killed by an avalanche while climbing Liberty Ridge. Jonathan Cahill, an Auburn firefighter, died June 3 attempting the Liberty Ridge ascent. Peter Cooley of Maine died in a fall from Liberty Ridge on May 15.

Information from Times staff reporter Brandon Sprague and The Associated Press is included in this report.

And here is the car accident:
http://www.thesunlink.com/bsun/local/article/0,2403,BSUN_19088_3296583,00.html

"Man dies after Mount Rainier car accident
November 1, 2004

MOUNT RAINIER NATIONAL PARK (AP) — A 41-year-old man was found dead Saturday, weeks after a car accident on the east side of Mount Rainier National Park.

Park rangers found the man lying in snow about 30 feet from his Honda, which was discovered down an embankment at an overlook along State Route 410 between Chinook Pass and Cayuse Pass, a park spokesman said.

Park officials said a visitor saw the car in the embankment on Oct. 10 but didn't report it until Friday. Park rangers searched the area Friday but didn't find the body until Saturday.

There was about a foot of snow on the ground at the accident scene. The case has been turned over to the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office."

I feel like there may be a couple that I am missing, but maybe there was "only" six.

And speaking of Bennie, as I type, he is doing more "healings" at Big Bear Lake in California.

http://www.teton-rainbows.com/

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 08:15:44 pm »
P.S.

On his webpage, Bennie claims to be enrolled at Eastern Shoshone but I have heard that this is not true. He is also trying to get enrollment with the mixed blood Uintas. Probably because if the Uintas prevail in their court suit, they stand to get some $$$.

Offline elaine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 05:08:00 am »
My, but Bennie is busy. If I recall correctly, the Big Bear Lake area experiences frequent earth tremors and has alot of geothermal activity. Sure hope he doesn't have any negative impact there.

November 12, 2004 09:13 PM US Eastern Timezone

Big Bear Medicine Wheel Ceremony in conjunction with National Native American Heritage Month to Be Held Monday, November 15

for Monday, Nov. 15

--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
WHAT:         Big Bear Medicine Wheel Ceremony in conjunction with
             National Native American Heritage Month.

WHO:          Bennie E. LeBeau, Sr., elder spiritual leader and
             advisor, is an enrolled member of the Eastern Shoshone
             Tribe, Wind River Indian Reservation, Ft. Washakie, Wyo.

WHERE:        Presbyterian Conference Center of Big Bear Lake
             575 Prairie Lane, Big Bear Lake, Calif. 92315

WHEN:         Monday, November 15, 2004
             Starts at Sunrise (approximately 6:25 a.m.)
             Ends at approximately 1 p.m.

BACKGROUND:   Southern California is in a long-term hydrological
             drought, and is well below normal conditions. The
             ceremony objectives are to heal the wounds of the land
             caused by drought, restore nature and replenish the
             environment. Bennie LeBeau has over 30 years' experience
             as a shaman. Mr. LeBeau says he is coming to Big Bear to
             fulfill the "Rainbow Warrior Prophecies." His emphasis
             is to educate people about the importance and
             significance of universal laws, sacred sites, and
             indigenous prophecies. He will perform a 6,000-year-old
             ceremony that is considered one of the most venerated
             customs of the Shoshone culture. The Big Bear Medicine
             Wheel consists of eight points that span a 220-mile
             radius around the Big Bear hub. Simultaneous ceremonies
             will occur at each of these eight points. The energy
             from these ceremonies will create vibrations that allow
             nature's currents to flow again and reenergize the
             circulation of the Earth. The points include Sheep Hole
             Mountain (29 Palms), Granite Peak (Mojave National
             Preserve), Goldstone (Superior Lake), Shadow Mountain
             (below Edwards Air Force Base), Aliso State Beach,
             Salton Sea, and Palomar Mountain (Escondido).

NEWS
INTEREST:     The purpose of the ceremony is to help replenish
             moisture and help bring back rains to drought-stricken
             areas, such as Big Bear Lake and its surrounding region.
             Big Bear Lake is the central hub for the Medicine Wheel
             Ceremony because its dry trees are in need of healing.
             The ceremony coincides with National American Indian
             Heritage Month.

PHOTO/FILM
OPPORTUNITIES: Capture Bennie LeBeau as he leads the sacred ceremony
              with drums, song, and dance. B-roll and photos of the
              ceremony are also available.

Contacts  

Big Bear Lake Resort Association
Dan McKernan, 909-866-6190, ext. 235
Eve/Wknd: 951-283-9442
dmckernan@bigbearinfo.com

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 05:13:03 am »
REplenish the moisture, eh? Dang, I hate to see it. Maybe they will get flooded!

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 04:29:19 am »
More on Bennie. Another climber, a 16 year old, fell to his death over the weekend.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/story/4182257p-3962493c.html

"Mount Rainier accident victim’s name released

THE NEWS TRIBUNE
Monday, November 15th, 2004 12:01 AM (PST)

The 16-year-old boy who died after falling on Mount Rainier on Saturday was Vasiliy Kozorezov of Auburn, the Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office reported.
Park rangers said Kozorezov was hiking off-trail with his brother and two cousins near Carter Falls on the south side of the mountain when he slipped on some loose rock and fell as far as 130 feet. He suffered head injuries and died at the scene.

Adam Lynn, The News Tribune "

And here is the latest ceremony. Prepare to gag:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041115/lam117_1.html

Press Release Source: Big Bear Lake Resort Association

Shaman Performs Sacred Medicine Wheel Ceremony in Big Bear Lake to Replenish Moisture
Monday November 15, 2:49 pm ET ?
Big Bear Lake Celebrates National American Indian Heritage Month

BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif., Nov. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Bennie E. LeBeau, Sr., a spiritual leader from the Eastern Shoshone Tribe, will perform a 6,000-year- old sacred medicine wheel ceremony today in Big Bear Lake, to help replenish moisture and bring back rains to drought stricken Southern California communities. The ceremony is scheduled for Monday, November 15, 2004 at sunrise (6:25 a.m.). The sacred ritual coincides with National American Indian Heritage Month, which recognizes the accomplishments and contributions of the American Indians and honors Native American cultures and traditions.

"The cell that is in your body is the same thing as the cells on the Earth, and we do an acupuncture ceremony that heals the wounds of the Earth," said Bennie LeBeau. "The ceremony allows currents to flow again and circulate the Earth, which means water, rain and snow re-energizes the cell, or in this case the medicine wheel."

The ceremony's main objective is to heal the wounds of the land caused by drought, restore nature and replenish the environment. Mr. LeBeau has over 30 years of experience as a shaman. He performed a similar ceremony in The Grand Tetons last May, which had a dramatic impact on the region.

Mr. LeBeau says he needs to fulfill the "Rainbow Warriors Prophecy," which is to show the people how to harmonize with the Earth and make it beautiful again. He says spirits guided him to Big Bear to heal the sick trees and rejuvenate the land.

"We're working for the betterment of Mother Earth," LeBeau said. "The ceremonies will heal the areas."

Big Bear Lake is the central hub for the medicine wheel ceremony because its trees are in need of healing. The Big Bear Medicine Wheel consists of eight points that span a 220-mile radius around the Big Bear hub. Simultaneous ceremonies will occur at each of these eight points, and energy from these ceremonies will create vibrations to allow nature's currents to flow again and re-energize circulation of the earth. The points include Sheep Hole Mountain (29 Palms), Granite Peak (Mojave National Preserve), Goldstone (Superior Lake), Shadow Mountain (below Edwards Air Force Base), Aliso State Beach, Mecca Hills/Salton Sea, and Palomar Mountain (Escondido).

The Big Bear Medicine Ceremony is scheduled for Monday, November 15 at 6:25 a.m. (sunrise), and is expected to end at approximately 1 p.m. The location of the ceremony is Presbyterian Conference Center of Big Bear Lake, 575 Prairie Lane. The event is open to the public and admission is free.

Please logon to www.bigbear.com for directions to the ceremony and updated information. Please contact Dan McKernan at 909.866.6190 ext. 235 or 951.283.9442 or dmckernan@bigbear.com to schedule interviews, b-roll and photography needs. To learn more about Bennie LeBeau please logon to www.teton-rainbows.com. To learn more about the medicine wheel ceremony logon to www.shrinesandsacredsites.com/teton/story.htm.

Big Bear Lake is an easy two-hour drive from most Southland cities. For all there is to see and do in beautiful Big Bear Lake and to make lodging reservations or request a Visitors Guide, log on to www.bigbear.com or call 1.800.4.BIG.BEAR (1.800.424.4232).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Big Bear Lake Resort Association
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by debbieredbear »

Offline elaine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 09:06:09 pm »
Geez...his ego must be TREMENDOUS. He's still soaking it up in Big Bear Lake, Ca.

Bennie LeBeau to explain Medicine Wheel Ceremony

http://www.bigbeargrizzly.net/articles/2004/12/08/news/bennie.txt

Dec. 8, 2004

Toward the end of October an ancient ceremony to heal the energy grid took place in Big Bear Valley. Immediately following the ceremony the earliest snowfall in several decades blanketed the Valley.

Two weeks later a full-blown Medicine Wheel ceremony took place in Big Bear and on several points around the Southland. A post ceremony celebration took place several days later and as the celebration came to an end snow started to fall, dropping 28 inches before the storm ended.

Healing of the earth, coincidence or folklore? Only a power higher than mere mortals can answer that question.

Bennie LeBeau, a spiritual leader from the Eastern Shoshone Tribe, Wind River Indian Reservation in Wyoming, performed the 6,000-year-old Medicine Wheel ceremony. He has performed similar ceremonies in other drought-striken areas of the country with similar results. LeBeau conducted a huge Medicine Wheel Ceremony in the Grand Tetons of Wyoming and surrounding points in May. The Big Bear Medicine Wheel Ceremony is a result of new visions urging LeBeau to help heal the rift between nature and humans.  
LeBeau is an elder spiritual leader and advisor. He studied cultural anthropology and applied indigenous studies at Northern Arizona University. He is a member of the Spiritual Elders of Mother Earth and helps to educate Shoshone Nations people and others regarding sacred sites and indigenous prophecies.

The purpose of the Medicine Wheel ceremonies is to honor the Earth and her living inhabitants in all of nature's creation, according to LeBeau. The disruption of the Earth's electromagnetic energy grid has resulted in the prolonged drought, LeBeau has said. "The Medicine Wheel Ceremony doesn't create the weather, but it does enhance it," LeBeau said. He explains how the Medicine Wheel Ceremony corrected the disruption of the Earth's grid at a gathering Wednesday, Dec. 8, at the Elks Lodge in the Village. The talk is from 6:30 to 9 p.m. and is open to the public.

LeBeau tells about what is necessary to preserve and nurture the Valley following the Medicine Wheel Ceremony's healing.

At Ski Dazzle, which took place Dec. 2-5 in Los Angeles, the ski industry honored the American Indian tribes and those who participated in the Medicine Wheel Ceremonies and snow dances which claim to have provided the early snow across the nation. The L.A. show was the culmination of a national event, Salute To America's First Caretakers, held at ski and snowboard shows in the West. In appreciation for the ski areas sharing skiing with tribal youth, their spiritual leaders have led snowdances in each of those regions.

In a press release issued by Suzy Chaffee, tribal event host at Ski Dazzle, Rene Doctor, a Tahitian married to Louis Doctor (Navajo/Dine), who was a part of the Big Bear ceremony stated, "At dawn on Nov. 15, members of Chumash on Mt. Wilson and other tribes, like the Cabizon, praying independently, and as well as an Abenaki and Lakota, united with the other brilliant colors of humanity-whites, blacks and yellow-totaling 200, and performed a Big Bear Medicine Wheel Ceremony, singing sacred prayer songs in the eight cardinal points encircling the San Bernardinos, with Big Bear at the center."

Chaffee honored Akima Castenada (Coastal Band Chumash) last April for being a father of Earth Day as a junior high school student.

The Elks Lodge is located at 40611 Village Drive, Big Bear Lake. For more information, contact Gina Weiss (909) 585-7228. For more information on LeBeau, log on to teton-rainbows.com.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 01:00:01 am »
Ah geez, ya beat me to it!

Offline elaine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2004, 07:21:21 am »
Next one is all your's...if you're quick. ;-)

What was really annoying me about his latest endeavor was that some well known news sources were reporting on it. Buncha dipsticks anyway...I thought they were suppose to CYA and check out their news subjects...not just blind reporting... Oh wait...they do that all the time don't they.