Author Topic: Mike O'brien AKA Michael Two Feathers  (Read 46345 times)

Offline Dr. T Weighill

Re: Michael Two Feathers
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2015, 12:14:11 am »
no Indians allowed continues by dr. t weighill

I want to return now to the definition of charlatanism and point out that true leaders of our People come from within our communities and rise from amongst us.  These organic leaders are aware innately of the troubles we face as a community in our quest of the future.   They would never publicly speak pejoratively of our Peoples. The actions of these leaders are driven by the needs of the Peoples of the community. There is not performativity in their actions. The actions of our bona fide Indian leaders are of advocacy for a better future.  Charlatans are absent this ability to see the needs of the community.  In this case both Beverly and Mike Obrien both- Like all charlatans constantly find the need to validate their Indianness and right to hold ceremony.  This validation for the O'Briens comes in the form of fictive relationships and ties to South Dakota and the Lakota ceremonial life.  Helimina (last name unknown-from Rose Bud S.D.) and her son come to support him.  Their relationship is his only contact to South Dakota- relationships he uses to validate and elevate himself.   He frequently uses this relationship as a backdrop in the script of dysfunctionality -complaining of alcoholic behavior and their request for money (the great white savior to the rescue).  Charlatans such as Mike and Beverly Obrien have no way of proving their claim to the Lakota Nations.  Mike Obrien like many other non-Indian peoples found their way into our world in the 1960 civil rights movement.  Dodging the draft of the Vietnam war, he vagrantly hitch-hiked across the country.  Poor and hungry without a space in the world he predatiously eked out a place in our community -because we are accepting of all people.   

None of the spiritual elders from the Lakota Nations recognize him or her and no other nation claims them.   Beverly Obrien is a white woman who was raised the daughter of a white Christian minister.  Their performance as Indian medicine peoples is only performed for white people.  All the events they attend are non-Indian sponsored events. They never address Indian Peoples and never attend bona fide Indian events.  Beverly is a walking stereotype of a new age white woman.  She wears Indian earrings wears her hair in braids and runs around in a skirt and shawl -she holds Lakota sweats for women- where she teaches things in here lodges like "women are not supposed to pray with tobacco".  "the men are supposed to honor virgins at Sundance".  She can’t speak a word of Lakota or any other Indian language- has been Indian for 12 years.  She met Mike at a sweat lodge ceremony and has never interacted with any other natives...now she is a medicine woman has had no women elder teachers but is now bringing back the ancient Lakota women’s medicine.  When asked about her Indian roots and community she has non -except the fictive genealogy chart she herself did.   They have industrialized ceremony through a performance called- medicine man and because they are positioned outside any bona fide Indian community they exist outside the traditional cultural framework of- Indianness.

Offline Dr. T Weighill

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2015, 12:24:12 am »
these two are classic charlatans.. who have conned their way through Europe. they have been asked many times by the Lakota nation elders the priniciple chief and pipe carrier Arvol Looking Horse to stop.  while mike might be indian of some kind not one tribe claims him. and his wife is just a plain ordinary new age wanna be white woman who is stereo typical in every way of these kinds of wanna be types. please read the article I wrote on mine and my families experience with these two sham-man. They both claimed to be Lakota but have nothing to substantiate their claim. they originally claimed to have grampa high bears alter but the high bear family asked them to stop that claim and denounced them then they claimed to have godfrey chips alter and the chips family said they did not have that claim. so now they are claiming he has his own alter.  he is irish she is white. they have no connection to our People at all. the only person that was Lakota was hellemina the elder who they pimp to give them credibility. my family and I were literally the only Indians there. most of the dancers come from Europe cause they pay for the right to dance I saw many transactions to attest to this. envelopes of money. given to him by certain rich euros. please read the article I have filed a suit in federal court to stop them before we end up with another Sedona and these two kill someone for their lack of  connection and knowledge. anyone who has had similar experiences to mine and my families I encourage you to join me in my suit. thank you Dr. Tharon Paul Weighill sr. Tribal enrollment number 0408.
in spirit   

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2015, 03:42:41 pm »
I wish there was a like button thank you Dr T Weighill
In Spirit

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Re: Mike O'brien AKA Michael Two Feathers
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2015, 02:18:48 pm »
thank you educated indian for moving this post to its proper place
In Spirit

Piff

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2017, 07:04:27 pm »
C2654525    WICHOZANNI VILLAGE

Registration Date: 05/12/2004
Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA
Entity Type: DOMESTIC NONPROFIT
Agent for Service of Process: WOHPE TWO FEATHERS
12565 RIM ROAD
OROVILLE CA 95965
Entity Address: *
Entity Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 4162
OROVILLE CA 95965

This corporation has active status, they have submitted their paperwork properly for the last two years.

Uploaded here are two photos from summer 2015:  https://www.facebook.com/pg/nimbus.co.at/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1288276844546142

Piff

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2017, 07:11:47 pm »
Here is Michael D. O'Brien's father William George O'Brien http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=105523798&ref=acom

The U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010 reports his service:

Name   William Obrien
Gender   Male
Birth Date   7 Oct 1925
Death Date   16 Mar 1994

Branch 1   NAVY
Enlistment Date 1   18 Oct 1942
Release Date 1   17 Apr 1946
Branch 2   ARMY
Enlistment Date 2   30 Oct 1952
Release Date 2   30 Apr 1953
Branch 3   ARMY
Enlistment Date 3   10 Apr 1964
Release Date 3   31 Jan 1986

Michael D. O'Brien may not have been raised by his father for his entire childhood. His mother Dolores Dorothy Garcia remarried when he was young.

Michael's father and paternal grandfather are listed white in records.

Piff

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2017, 07:35:17 pm »
Here is Michael D. O'Brien's mother's obit http://www.thepilot.com/obituaries/dolores-franciullo/article_399d2f40-9ab0-11e5-b463-3783fa2fc15a.html The obit has some inaccuracies. But this obit combined with other records is very helpful.

Michael's mother Dolores Dorothy Garcia was born in Manila, Philippines. She and William George O'Brien married in Manila in 1946. At the time of her naturalization petition to become a citizen of the United States, they had four children with them:

Michael D born 10/7/48 Ft McKinley Philippines
Leilani born 1951 Los Angeles
Susan and Sharon, twins, born 1953 Los Angeles

We can match that to her children named in obit:

mother of five children: Michael Two-Feathers, Leilani O’Brien Taylor, Susan O’Brien Kingsley Frakes, Sharon O’Brien Belvin

Michael appears to use a different birthdate now than what is listed on his mother's naturalization application.

Piff

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2017, 07:40:10 pm »
Dolores Franciullo

Dolores Luwani Mendiola Garcia O’Brien Franciullo passed away Saturday, Nov. 21, 2015, in San Diego, after a long period of decline. She was 90 years old.

Mrs. Franciullo was married to John Franciullo for 57 years, and was the mother of five children: Michael Two-Feathers, Leilani O’Brien Taylor, Susan O’Brien Kingsley Frakes, Sharon O’Brien Belvin and Johnny Franciullo. Mrs. Franciullo was the grandmother of seven: Christopher Frakes, Nahele Two-Feathers, Tashena Two-Feathers Thornburg, Laramie N. Taylor, Vestal C. “O’Brien” Taylor IV, Brianna Belvin and Priscilla Two-Feathers; and four great-grandchildren: Zoee Frakes, Lilianna Thornburg, Paisley Frakes and Corbin Thornburg.

She is survived by her husband, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and in-laws, Vestal C. “Pat” Taylor III, Wohpe Two-Feathers, Brad Thornburg and Nicole Manuel Frakes.

Mrs. Francuillo lived a long and colorful life. Born in Honolulu, she was raised in the islands. She moved to the Philippines just before World War II and joined the Red Cross, where she served with the famous Red Cross nurses during the war. In 1945 she was awarded a Bronze Star by Gen. Douglas MacArthur for bravery for her service with the Philippine underground army.

http://www.thepilot.com/obituaries/dolores-franciullo/article_399d2f40-9ab0-11e5-b463-3783fa2fc15a.html

Refer to the prior forum post for some clarifications of this obit, as seen in her naturalization petition.

Piff

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2017, 07:49:20 pm »
A Facebook post from July 2016, written by a woman:

Good Morning.... Just finished sundance at Pilot Rock last Friday. Been coming to Pilot Rock for many years to sing. Thank you to all the people who came this year.
Thank you to Michael Two-Feathers for creating a space that includes EVERYONE. That the leaders of this dance opened further in their lives because of your leadership, therefore, passing that inclusive energy down allowing us all to experience a LARGE family dance in harmony with good will toward each other like never before for the 5 days I was there.
Thank you Wohpe Two-Feathers for your prompt responsible responses with messages on the computer or phone calls throughout the year that people knew what to do because of your communications with hundreds of people and we were all in sync and not wondering till the last minute. Thank you for your female energy in camp and you kindness that made us all feel so welcome by you.
Thank you Jimmy Coldiron for your drum leadership and creativity with the drum and songs that got carried to the dancers.Thank you for allowing ALL men on the drum and helping in a way create more of a bond and inclusion with each other by your example and because of your actions. Thank you for your patience and kindness that was a beautiful example of a tight family that allows for peoples imperfections without sacrificing a thing.
Thank you Mike Daily for all you do for sundance and for me. Thank you for your encouragement of many who want to learn these songs and your dedication to continue to keep these songs alive for the past 30 + years.

Piff

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2017, 11:17:04 pm »
Here is an extensive description of his father's military service: https://www.vhpa.org/DAT/datO/G05259.HTM

Most notable for our purposes here:

A remarkable man who lived a remarkable life, he was a soldier's soldier, an Irishman's Irishman and a good friend to all that knew him.