NAFPS Archives > Archive No. 1

NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN: Chief Red Hawk aka Ed RedHawk Laughry

<< < (6/6)

earthw7:
my question would be how did these guys believe they comes from the Lakota People when the Lakota did not
break off from the Dakota people until 1600 in the area of Wisconsin before that they were all Dakota.
I have to shake my head at these people who make up our history to make their claims that they belong to my nation.
There was no Blackfeet/Blackfoot band of Lakota until 1670s so how can these people come from them?
All one has to do is read our winter counts. Then they say that they are in place where we dont have territory,
there was only a small band of Sisseton under Red Thunder who went out east to fight with Tecumseh not the Lakota.
History gets confusing when people want it to benefit them. I would ask for the name of these relatives from the Lakota
Nation before i would believe them

Kris10g:
Blessings all, when I was married to Ed Laughrey aka Chief Red Hawk he was not claiming he was Indian.  I think he wanted to be someone he was not.  The impression I got was that he was never happy with himself or felt like he measured up.  I think he lived a very sad life and left alot of pain in many people's lives.  There is ALOT I could say but now that he has passed that would be inappropriate.  I wish the family he left behind many blessings.  I can only imagine the pain..... :'(

educatedindian:
Laughry's widow asked we remove this thread. I pointed out we gladly would move it to No Longer a Concern. The problem is those "Cherokee tribes" that still claim he was a chief of theirs.

What was really disturbing is that she admitted she teaches their children that he was Redhawk and a Cherokee chief.

Defend the Sacred:
If Laughry's widow, and others, are still claiming he was a Cherokee Chief... I think his history is still of concern.

We could add a note to the first post in the thread, making it clear that he has crossed over, but that we need to leave this information up as people are still using his lies in an attempt to legitimize fake tribes.

educatedindian:
I did a search of the UCN site. Laughry is not mentioned anywhere on it, not even as a supposed "chief" who passed over. I don't know if it's because he became more of an orthodox LDS member as time went on, if he cut ties with the UCN, if Laughry's widow asked them to remove any mention, or they simply removed any mention after his death.

I also couldn't find any more mentions of Laughry as "Redhawk" other than old newspaper articles or posts at forums. Laughry's old site is still around but not in use.

I'm moving this thread to Archives. Should there be efforts to use his name to promote a successor, other exploiters, or phony tribes we can always move it back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version