Author Topic: John Allen Hill / John Two Hawks / John Twohawks  (Read 110154 times)

Offline BlackWolf

Re: John Allen Hill / John Two Hawks / John Twohawks
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 06:10:38 pm »
He appears to have led what is described as a "Lakota Ceremony" in Arkansas that was part of a World Drum Celebration Day.  On the flyer it's mentioned as the "Four Winds Ceremony".  Does anyone know anything about this ceremony? The ceremony took place in Arkansas.  At this point I think his Lakota heritage is now relevant, and if he is Lakota what the consensus would be from his community ( or alleged community ) in South Dakota on him participating in this ceremony in Arkansas.   

Many who gathered in the park brought their own hand drums and participated in the ceremony, led by John Two-Hawks performing on the world drum. Two-Hawks said
people representing all walks of life had been invited to place their hands on the drum in the dramatic presentation of the Lakota Indian Four Winds Ceremony. He prayed for wisdom to help us “walk on Mother Earth more respectfully,” and that we would “carry the memory of this moment with us.”

http://www.theworlddrum.com/download_files/tekster_downloads/eureka_springs_one_year.pdf

Offline BlackWolf

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 12:30:08 am »
I was given information today that John Two Hawks is Jim Ebury and he comes from Hastings/UK. I was also told that he used to go by twelve Hawks but changed it to "Two Hawks."

Woa Rattlebone, are you serious?  IF THAT IS THE CASE, then we need to work on exposing this fraud ASAP.  From the start I figured out he's not what he claims to be.  I knew he wasn't enrolled with Pine Ridge or the other Rezes, but I also seriously doubted that he was even Indian by the way he conducts himself.  I can't find anything at the moment on Jim Ebury.  There is a John Twelve Hawks I found that is listed as an autuhor of science fiction, but even in the Wikpedia article it says "his real idenity is unknown".  Can you try to find some evidence of this Rattlebone ( that he's from the UK? ).  I'm going to keep looking into it. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Twelve_Hawks

Offline BlackWolf

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 12:47:05 am »
What's interesting is that if you go to both the "John Two Hawks" and "John Twelve Hawks" wikipedia webpages, they both are very elusive about personal information.  The John Twelve Hawks webpage reports that he's idenity is unknown.  And on the "John Two Hawks" webpage it says that his date of birth is unknown.  It doesn't even list a city or state of birth or where he is from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Two-Hawks

Date of birth
When is John Two-Hawks born? What date and what year?

That information does not appear to be public. If it is, I haven't found it.Nerwen (talk) 08:40, 4 February 2008 (UTC)

Offline BlackWolf

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 01:59:06 am »
I went back to the website of the American Indian Heritage Supporter Center and noticed there is a
Johnny Two Hawks operating in the Eureka Springs, Arkansas area.  It has to be the same person.

http://www.aihsc.info/ARMO_fraud.htm

"Individuals Operating In Arkansas:

The following individuals, who either live in Arkansas or travel to the state for various events, are suspected to either exploit, misappropriate, or otherwise mislead the public on their backgrounds or qualifications.  Not included in this list are the numerous officers and officials of the suspect "tribes" and organizations found in the state.  It is advised that before you have any dealings or associations with these individuals, check their claims carefully and in depth.

Arthur Medicine Eagle Sonier (Travels nationwide, has been associated with Manataka)

Dennis Black Hawk (Hoffman) (Cherokee Village, AR area)

Johnny "Two Hawks" Hill (Eureka Springs, AR area)

"Chief" Robert Woableza LaBatte (Travels nationwide, has been associated with Manataka events)

Warren Big Eagle (Travels nationwide, attends New Age fairs, has been associated with Manataka events)

Lyman Weasel Bear (Has been associated with Manataka, but scammed them on a “Sundance”)

Mary "Thunder Woman" Grimes (Operates out of Texas)

“Grand Chief” Robert Grimes (Son of Mary Grimes, Fox, AR)

“First Lady” Starr DaVee Grimes (Wife of Robert Grimes, Fox, AR)

“Sparky Shooting Star” (Works out of South Amherst, MA)

Suzanne Day (Fox, AR)

Rick "Wind Call-er" Porea (Little Rock, AR) (Associated with the fake Ocali Nation and Manataka)

Erick Gonzalez, AKA Omeakaehekatl (Fake Mayan priest, travels nationwide, associated with Manataka)

Anita Mimms-Ganglauf (North Little Rock, AR)

Valerie Goetz  (Bigelow, AR)

S.D. Youngwolf (Winslow, AR)

Jim "Two Feathers" May (Eureka Springs, AR, associates with John Two Hawks)"

Offline BlackWolf

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 02:07:12 am »
It looks like its the same person because it has him listed as "Johnny Two Hawks Hill" on the AIHSC site, and on his Medicne Retreat Website page it list his wife as Peggy Hill.

http://www.johntwohawks.com/theRetreats.html
Retreats

Our Retreats are great for anyone who is looking to grow and learn, connect and discover, reflect and replenish, to be inspired and moved and to realize your full potential in this life. The Retreats are led by John Two-Hawks and Peggy Hill, and most of them take place atop More Mountain in the ancient Ozark Mountains of northwest Arkansas, with spectacular views and plenty of natural space for self renewal and quiet. Other Retreats are held in various sacred places and locations throughout the U.S. and are also led by John Two-Hawks and Peggy Hill.

Offline Rattlebone

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 03:12:01 am »
I was given information today that John Two Hawks is Jim Ebury and he comes from Hastings/UK. I was also told that he used to go by twelve Hawks but changed it to "Two Hawks."

Woa Rattlebone, are you serious?  IF THAT IS THE CASE, then we need to work on exposing this fraud ASAP.  From the start I figured out he's not what he claims to be.  I knew he wasn't enrolled with Pine Ridge or the other Rezes, but I also seriously doubted that he was even Indian by the way he conducts himself.  I can't find anything at the moment on Jim Ebury.  There is a John Twelve Hawks I found that is listed as an autuhor of science fiction, but even in the Wikpedia article it says "his real idenity is unknown".  Can you try to find some evidence of this Rattlebone ( that he's from the UK? ).  I'm going to keep looking into it. 

I will have to ask my source if they can provide me with any additional information. They seen that myself and some others were discussing this individual on Facebook,  and they let me know they had know him.

However on the link above you provided, when you scroll down it says

"Information

The following information comes from the few published sources.

John Twelve Hawks is his "adopted" name, but in the Spiegel interview he states he is not an American Indian. In the Spiegel interview he talks about visiting East Germany before the fall of the Berlin Wall. In the USA Today article, his response to a question about religion began with, "When I was in my twenties..." and when an editor asked him whether the "realm of hell" could be compared to current conditions in Iraq, Hawks replied "it's more like Beirut in the '70s". In the Spiegel interview and in the London Telegraph article, Hawks states that he drives a 15-year-old car and that he does not own a television. [3] These personal facts and a description of JTH's unique lifestyle were confirmed in the 2008 Joseph Mallozzi Weblog interview.[4]

The SFF World interview indicates that Twelve Hawks lived in a commune and learned about literature by stealing books from a restricted university library and then returning the books the next day. In the same interview, he states he wrote The Traveler after passing through some sort of personal crisis. In the interview in SFF World Twelve Hawks claims that he has "no plans to go public" regarding his identity. [5]

In the audiobook version of The Traveler, there is an interview with John Twelve Hawks where he mentions that he has been practicing martial arts for years.

According to Twelve Hawks' agent, Joe Regal, "He lives in New York, Los Angeles and London", and The Traveler sets its story in all three of these locations.[6]"

So if the person mentioned in this link is the same, then it is saying he has admitted before to NOT be American Indian.

Offline BlackWolf

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 04:04:23 am »
So if the person mentioned in this link is the same, then it is saying he has admitted before to NOT be American Indian.

John Two Hawks was also discussed briefly on Indianz.com.  They pretty much figured out he was a fake, but I don't think they found out his true identity.  The key is to link the two if they are one and the same.  On the John Twelve Hawks wikipedia talk page, "his true identity" is a big topic in itself.  I'm also wondering about the Johnny Hill name.  I guess he could have had a legal name change over here but we can see if we can link that with the other name you mentioned ( Jim Ebury from the UK).  Maybe somehow we can check the marriage records and/or other public records of Johnny Hill and Peggy Hill if that even exist and see if we can find his place or birth. That Johnny Twelve Hawks is very careful about giving out his identity.

Both John Twelve Hawks and his American publisher state that he has never met his editor and that he communicates using the Internet and an untraceable satellite phone, usually employing a voice scrambler. All biographical information about his background is based on five sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:John_Twelve_HawksPublicity stunt?

Yeah. I keep thinking that someone, someday, is going to discover that Twelve Hawks's real name is "Grisham" or "Meltzer". . . . --Michael K. Smith 16:03, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
He's probably a Pseudonym of one of the authors on doubleday, that way it would have been easier to get it published--Nk70 18:10, 13 April 2007 (UTC)

Offline bls926

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 04:37:55 am »
You were given bad info, Rattle. John Two-Hawks is not James Ebury from Hastings, U.K. Ebury made a comment on Two-Hawks' facebook yesterday. If you follow that comment to James Ebury's facebook, you can see they aren't the same person.

John Two-Hawks
http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Two-Hawks/51561668078#!/pages/John-Two-Hawks/51561668078?v=wall

James Ebury
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=wall&id=100000614294817#!/profile.php?v=info&id=100000614294817

Offline BlackWolf

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 05:08:34 am »
If that's the case then I guess we're back to Johnny Hill.  I think either way, he's a fraud and should be moved to the fraud section.  He was listed on the AIHSC site, he's making a lot of money at his retreats teaching Indian ways and spirituality, and he's doing so called Lakota Ceremonies in public. He's so arogant he's even got posters of himself for sale.

http://www.johntwohawks.com/theJTHPosters.html

Although it hasn't been confirmed yet, I doubt that he's know at Pine Ridge, Rose Bud, or Standing Rock?  And Is there a Lakota here that can comment on his speaking Lakota in that Rock Video at the end?  This man is'nt just a flute player that claims Indian heritage and isn't enrolled, he seems to be scaming a lot of people and misrepresenting Lakota people. 

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 06:28:51 am »
It would be hard to find public records of a marriage without knowing the state they were married in.
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline BlackWolf

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 04:40:53 pm »
Critter said
It would be hard to find public records of a marriage without knowing the state they were married in.

I guess you could start with Arkansas or other places he was known to have been.  It just seems stange for someone to be important enough to have a Wikipedia page, yet know one can find information on where he was born.  And he himself seems not to not want to give that information out.   I mean he's a public figure at this point.

Offline BlackWolf

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2010, 05:06:54 pm »

bls826 said
You were given bad info, Rattle. John Two-Hawks is not James Ebury from Hastings, U.K. Ebury made a comment on Two-Hawks' facebook yesterday. If you follow that comment to James Ebury's facebook, you can see they aren't the same person.

This is the comment James Ebury left on John Two Hawks facebook page.  I guess we can conclude that James Ebury goes by the name Jim Two Hawks and is from the UK?

James Ebury good song. jim two hawks uk.
Yesterday at 6:03am

Offline bls926

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 06:05:50 pm »

bls826 said

This is the comment James Ebury left on John Two Hawks facebook page.  I guess we can conclude that James Ebury goes by the name Jim Two Hawks and is from the UK?

James Ebury good song. jim two hawks uk.
Yesterday at 6:03am

I can understand why someone got confused, with the way James Ebury signed his comment. I think it's safe to say Ebury is just another Brit in love with all things Indian; maybe even fancying himself Indian, at least in his heart. He wouldn't be the first and unfortunately won't be the last.

Offline BlackWolf

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 06:12:01 pm »
bls926 said

I can understand why someone got confused, with the way James Ebury signed his comment. I think it's safe to say Ebury is just another Brit in love with all things Indian; maybe even fancying himself Indian, at least in his heart. He wouldn't be the first and unfortunately won't be the last.

That could be.  But its interesting that they both use the name "Two Hawks"  It appears he ( James Ebury ) is telling John Two Hawks "Good Song" and then signing his name as Jim Two Hawks from the UK.

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 06:58:55 pm »
Critter said

I guess you could start with Arkansas or other places he was known to have been.  It just seems stange for someone to be important enough to have a Wikipedia page, yet know one can find information on where he was born.  And he himself seems not to not want to give that information out.   I mean he's a public figure at this point.

Except it is broken down by counties.  I've not seen where a person can search an entire state for vital records. Need at least the name of the city or county. 

Probably easier to search on his wife's name, since his name, "john two hawks" may not really be registered anywhere. If can find info on his wife, may be able to search in a 'back door' sort of way..  again, would be easier with city info.. 
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html