General > Frauds

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DreamingandMedicineWheel/

(1/4) > >>

educatedindian:
Their welcome message:

"Description

Niyawe Skeno!(Thank You For Being) It is our greeting when meeting, saying hello or see you later! It's being thankful to be in the person's presence. It's greeting the person's UATA OKYE (Core)

This space is ONLY being used to screen for applicants who are truly interested in learning Shamanism/ Dreaming, Seneca tradition, healing and learning about the medicine wheel... Silent members after a time will lose their membership here as it stagnates all of our wheels ...

There is a monthly fee to get into and to be a part of the sites where this teaching goes on. Everyone receives much time and energy. What you put into it is what you get out of it... This means that you need to speak up and work on things. It is up to you to bring energy to your wheel.

What is Shamanism? It is about survival... it is dreaming, seeing the what is of you and others in order to grow, learn and heal. It is studying your personal wheel to learn about you through healing and learn how to use your medicines. Both fun and hard work, but well worth it.

We have been named Utháyôni'nika'aa by the Elders. This means Coyote, Little Wolves. Our sacred tool is LAUGHTER and Light heartedness.

To All Applying:We let in a certain amount to come in at a time, so I thank you for your patience. To All Here- please when you can answer the entrance questions, ask any questions you have, set up your interview at your earliest convenience so that we may get the others in."

An actual Six Nations member had this comment:

"There is no such phrase as "Niyawe Skeno."

"O:nen ki' wahi" is how you say "goodbye for now" or "see ya later."

I have no idea what language "UATA OKYE" comes from, but it's not from the Six Nations. Anything comparable in Iroquoian would be "Orenda."

cleardreamer:
I just came across this one myself and was about to post when I saw it was already here. Whoever this is seems to be spamming Craig's List in every part of the world (mainly Europe) EXCEPT the US and Canada (but I could have missed something) with the link. Interesting...

GoddessGirl:
Anyone know any more about this group?
GoddessGirl

frederica:
Not the group itself, but just the name sounds a lot like a takeoff of SunBear. Started something called the Bear Tribe. Wrote several books, I think one was something like Using the Medicine Wheel to interpert Dreams. He was Ojibwa and  what he was saying was not their Traditions. I don't know if they are Seneca Traditions or not. Plus, they are charging fees. I would be skeptial.

Superdog:
The website this yahoo group stems off of is located here:

http://www.totemreadings.com

Seems like it's a woman claiming to be a "Seneca shaman" who was trained by her grandparents.

Just skimming through and the only name I'm finding is "Wahtsikæte'"

She's got a pay list for services such as totem readings and consultations, hands on healing lessons.  The yahoo group is the start of a screening process.  If you participate actively in the yahoo group for two weeks you move on to another group called Dragonflies for another two weeks.  The second group is described as an extended interview process.  The first two groups are free of charge and off minimal shamanistic teachings and lessons on Seneca culture....she doesn't go into any detail of what happens after that.  The website is just a paysite to set up consultations.

Someone's gonna have to see if they can figure out the real name  of this one.....probably someone we've heard of before.

Be careful reposting her stuff.  She's got a copyright claim on her page.  Might be trouble.  Not a big site though...takes a few minutes to go over it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version