Author Topic: new age social workers  (Read 4694 times)

Offline bcolinshazel

new age social workers
« on: November 15, 2020, 03:34:48 am »
Was anyone else here indoctrinated into the way of the shaman by a social worker?

I can't be the only one?

Offline Sparks

Re: new age social workers
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 07:45:55 pm »
I don't know of any members in here, maybe some other ex-New Agers? I hope they will reply to you.

I googled <"way of the shaman" "social worker"> (two exact phrases).

Result: About 1,430,000 hits. Amazing!

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: new age, appropriator and pretendian social workers
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 11:29:01 pm »
Natives who've had the bad fortune to be hassled by mainstream social workers have encountered these people. Any area with newagers has newage social workers. Sometimes in those places most of the social workers, therapists, alternative healers, etc are appropriators and pretendians of some sort. The more of a hippie/newage center it is, and the fewer real Indians live there, the bigger a problem it is. Some of the appropriator social workers have been involved in trying to steal and sell Native children. Some of them try to get jobs on reservations to work these scams. Others just stay in white communities and encourage their white clients to do fake healing ceremonies. Some of those people are fronts for bigger ceremony sellers and cult leaders, including sex traffickers.

Offline bcolinshazel

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 11:24:49 pm »
holy shit! what is wrong with these people?! it should be illegal. thank you for your thoughts.
for these people to even try to take that bs to a rez has got to mean they are brain washed.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 11:34:10 pm »
it should be illegal.

A lot of what they do is illegal. Why do they get away with it? Because racism. Because of the bias against anyone whose kids wind up in the system. The social workers are given unearned power over peoples' lives.

for these people to even try to take that bs to a rez has got to mean they are brain washed.

The predators who infiltrate Native communities are not brainwashed. They are predators. They are criminals. They choose to exploit and do harm. They do it because they like it.