NAFPS Archives > Archive No. 1

NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN Floyd Buffalo Hand

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ann:
I also believe we have to stand up for what is right...I did not get to know Floyd that well...Did not want to...I beleive he meant what he said about the whites.Is it true or racist...I say the devil comes in all colors..

Cetan:
If you look at history it is not hard to understand why there is still a distrust and even hatred of outsiders, especially whites by many Lakota.  If you need healing going to a wicasa wakan is not lile looking for a western doctor; you will meet the right person if it is supposed to happen, usually through family or kolas but you dont go seeking them out.

tachia:

--- Quote from: Cetan on June 28, 2009, 12:28:23 am ---If you look at history it is not hard to understand why there is still a distrust and even hatred of outsiders, especially whites by many Lakota.  If you need healing going to a wicasa wakan is not lile looking for a western doctor; you will meet the right person if it is supposed to happen, usually through family or kolas but you dont go seeking them out.

--- End quote ---

(since i have been given permission to actually participate in this open forum thread)

cetan .. your statement about distrust and even hatred goes for all our peoples, not merely the Lakota .. given our histories with whites and outsiders i too would not think it hard to understand .. ..
on the second part of your post: i am glad you brought that up .. again that statement goes for all our peoples .. you do not go seeking a healer out .. there are a lot of questions about ann, but i guess i will have to leave them  for others to ask.. i really do not feel like going to the trouble of deleting yet more posts of mine because someone thinks they should be above questioning .. :) .. ..

jmo cetan .. but if you have to go around seeking out a healer or even as the OP stated "trying to decide which medicine person to go to" .. and one of your choices is a man such as this floyd guy .. then i would say something is wrong, with you, your family, extended family, friends, community etc .. but bottom line something is wrong with that picture .. ..

tachia:
interesting article on the Sundance with a quoted "story" by floyd buffalo hand .. idk, but i thought there were some strange ideas in his "story" .. .. ..
source: http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_3574.shtml

tachia:
source: http://www.rickross.com/reference/millennium/millennium1.html
an interesting quote from floyd:
"Floyd (Looks for Buffalo) Hand, Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, South Dakota. Hand, 59, a healer from the Oglala Sioux tribe, points to ancient Sioux and Hopi prophecies that speak of the imminent arrival of "Star People," wise extraterrestrials who will remove Indians and chosen others from a planet that will soon be deviled by a 1999 drought, followed by floods and earthquakes. "The reason is that humans have not been taking care of the land, have been chopping trees and polluting the air," says Hand. A further warning: "Get the hell out of New York in seven years! That's when the earth plates will shift and tall building will sway."

as i said, there is a lot on the internet about this guy .. some of it good and some not .. some admirable and some just weird .. .. i did find a few things about him that were positive things ..

does anyone know any more about him, possibly from personal knowledge, rather than just internet research?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version