Author Topic: Jimmy Tenrivers, Tomas Shash  (Read 47947 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Jimmy Tenrivers, Tomas Shash
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2016, 12:42:56 pm »
Merged the question with this topic. There's a search function, and questions should be asked in Research Needed.

CF, I don't see any signs of this group claiming to be Aztlanistas. Just faux Cherokee and faux Jewish. Where did you hear the Aztlan claim?

Offline Whoiam

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2016, 03:12:23 am »
I have known Tomas Shash since he was a teenager. He is in his 60s. He is Chicano. He was born in El Paso, Texas & raised in East LA. His real name is Tomas Ramirez, although he probably changed it. He went to Garfield High School in East LA & later to Friends World College. Most people of Mexican heritage are certainly native, but his family has never claimed that as far as I know. He was never raised in a warm springs Apache Tribe; not at all. He was raised in East LA. His 5 siblings would agree. His first language is Spanish. He gets the Atzlan from a term going around in the 70s where people, justifiably proud of their Aztec roots used it as a word to express the pride. Tomas is Chicano. Period. He lived at 4102 Zola Avenue, Pico Rivera, California after his Latina mom remarried after the death of his Latino dad. If he has proof of an Apache connection, he should prove it. His paternal grandmother never left Mexico; his paternal grandfather was Spanish-speaking & his maternal grandmother only spoke Spanish. They all came from Mexico or the border. It's a fabrication. He lived at "The Farm" where Steven Gaskin was the head of a commune of hippies & a church. Seems like a replication.

Piff

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2016, 03:49:47 pm »
Whoiam, thank you so much for your information.

Do you know about how long Shash was at The Farm? Do you know if he rose in the ranks? Can you tell us more about how Shash is duplicating The Farm?

Along with helping research frauds, I have a special interest in cultic high demand groups, so your mention of The Farm got my attention especially.

Piff

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2016, 04:01:41 pm »
The address Whoiam listed does show up in public records as owned by a Rameriz family.

Article on Stephen Gaskin / The Farm https://culteducation.com/group/1289-general-information/8048-is-stephen-gaskin-a-second-christ-some-still-say-yes-some-disagree.html "If you disagree with Stephen's philosophies, it's like slapping God in the face.".

Offline Whoiam

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2016, 09:24:38 pm »
He wasn't at The Farm long, maybe 6 months. He didn't rise in the ranks, as far as I know. My mention of " replication" of The Farm simply arises from the fact that he has developed a "community" & is the head of a self-developed " church." That's what Steven Gaskin did. He was definitely a cult leader with so many followers & Gaskin had a "four marriage." Some people seem to crave followers. Tomas isn't a bad guy. He has made himself a life not having to do much. He is simply not a member of a warm springs Apache Tribe. He was born & raised in a Chicano family. Check Garfield High School records in East LA. He would have graduated in 70 or 71. His grandparents were never separated from their parents & placed in boarding schools for native children as he has said. Complete fabrication. Ask him to prove it. He can't. Still, as I said, most Chicanos are natives, albeit largely from Mexican origins.  Something to be very proud of.

Btw, The Farm eventually abandoned Gaskin as its leader.

Offline Whoiam

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2016, 05:03:43 am »
Btw, there was a post that the Zola Street address showed a Ramirez owner. That's probably not related to his family. His mom married young and became Delia Ramirez. After her husband Roberto Ramirez died when the first 4 kids (Roberto Jr, Luz, Tomas & Rebecca) were born & they were living in East LA, she married Guillermo (Willie) Chavez & became Delia Chavez & they moved to Zola Street in Pico Rivera. They had a son, Willie Jr, who became a gang member & is in prison in CA for murder. Delia had another son between marriages. The other 5 kids were never criminals. She raised all those kids as the Spanish-speaking Chicanos they are.
Tomas married a woman whose dad is Filipino & mom white. They had kids & divorced. He married a Palestinian woman, had a kid & divorced.

Piff

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2016, 01:33:10 pm »
Thank you Whoiam.