General > Frauds

Cherokee Blackfoot Cultural Circle

(1/8) > >>

educatedindian:
Before Marlon and the nice lady Ms. Dupree came along and took up our time, I'd planned to post about this.

By sheer chance, as I was flipping channels on one of my rare days off and I saw on the People's Court a case involving a group calling itself the Cherokee Blackfoot Cultural Circle. Did anyone else see this?

The group appeared to be Blacks wearing bits of regalia combined with fezzes and skullcaps and a "chief" wearing a black head scarf or covering similar to what I've seen in pictures of Sikh believers from India. They all had various titles like Chief Two Feather. The chief was wearing a sash with what looked like the CNO symbol embroidered on it.

The case was a woman who'd lost money in a business venture with them and also given a donation. She wanted her money back but the "chief" was withholding it because she possessed COPIES of Cherokee treaties downloaded off the net. They insisted the copies were sacred and wouldn't give her money back until she gave them up. And (sounding familar) she'd criticized them and they insisted any criticism was "slander."

All I've been able to find so far is this brief notice.

http://www.nanews.org/archive/1999/nanews07.041
 PRESS RELEASE:
 It gives the Native American Nations great pride in announcing this press
 release in regards to the FIRST ever in New York City, Assembly of Indian
 Nations Parade.   
    On Saturday, October 9, 1999 from 12:00 noon to 6:00pm, we will host the
 First Native American Day Parade, starting at Macy's on 34th Street and
 Broadway and ending at the Veteran's Memorial Eternal Light Circle on 23d
 Street and Park Avenue.
 For more information please contact:
 Chief Red Deer
 Cherokee/Blackfeet Cultural Circle
 (917)-253-3404
 (212)666-9478
 or
 Chief Firebird Graywolf
 (718)378-1838
 Cherokee / Blackfeet Cultural Circle
 P. O. Box 2070
 New York, New York 10

tachia:
here is the web site for the “cherokee/blackfeet cultural circle???
http://cherokeeblackfeetcultural.bizopiaweb.com/Default.aspx?tabid=663424
(it took a good bit of digging to find this site! .. enjoy .. *grin*)

there is a lot more if you really dig .. here is some of what i found ..
================= On Sat Jul 15 18:23:59  ;
Name: Chief Firebird GrayWolf
Comments:   Dear friends,My tribe is made up of people of African blood I am a Uku Chief and my Principal Chief is Chief Sitting Sun of the Ohatchee Cherokee Tribe of Alabama and New York we are recoginized by State Law . We would like to communicate with you and leaarn about your Association. I am also a Clan Mother for NENA.(north eastern native american association)which is a interbribal association. Would you be so kind as communicate with us. Thank you Chief Firebird Graywolf.
The Black Native American Association (BNA) is an intertribal group of people with African-American and Native American heritage who organized in the late summer of 1992. Due to the adverse impact of past and present governmental policies, the Black Native American Association does not minic 'Blood Quantum Police" tactics. We do not require proof of tribal enrollment or recognition. Our membership is comprised of people of all ages and from many walks of life including students, teachers, housing developers, trainers, social workers, journalists, activists, chemists, and more.

Although our association was founded in the Oakland-San Francisco Bay Area our intertribal membership includes indigenous peoples from all over the world. We intentionally honor ALL our ancestors. Our Association is an integral part of urban and rural Native American Communities as well as active in many different activities in the Black Community. In terms of Native American involvement we are a member of the Bay Area American Indian Representatives (BAAIR). We participate on various committees such as the Indigenous Peoples Day Celebration and Pow Wow in Berkeley, California, which replaces the exclusive and insulting Columbus Day. Additionally, we participate and support the International Indian Treaty Council’s United Nation’s activities for Non Governmental Organizations and the Bay Area’s Intertribal Friendship House.

The founders are Don ‘Little Cloud’ Davenport: Seminole ( Bird Clan/Creek/Chickasaw/Sudanese; Zenobia Embry-Nimmer: Black and Tslagi (Cherokee); Richard (Rip) " Henonoquaad ( Keeper of the Fire )" Harris: Creek and Choctaw, and Bonita Roxie Aleja Sizemore: ( Porch Creek Band / Seminole / Choctaw / Tslagi, with her African ancestors from Mali and Sudan. The BNA developed to its current state after the founders came together at the 1992 annual Silver Star Pow Wow held in Oakland, California, sponsored by the American Indian Film Institute A detailed history of the organization is available here. We have a collection of links useful for those interested in Native American geneology, crafts, dress and folklore.

the above group has a yahoo group at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bnaa/

http://www.saponitown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=607&page=5
02-04-2006, 07:12 PM
maude

I am a ceremonial chief to the CherokeeBlackfeet Cultural Cirlce in New York. Many folks there also carry Saponi descendant blood in their veins.
Chief Red Deer's number is (917) 951-0294 or (877) 280-1625.
My number is 202) 986-3935. I would like to invite you to a meeting here in DC if you are on this end in April.
April 22nd, Chief Red Deer will be here to talk about the Cherokee Blackfeet Cultural Circle, we will have a naming ceremony & we will sign folks up for membership, that includes tax free status.
Do Na Da Gahvoni Wado
Louise Thundercloud
Chief Louise Thundercloud

02-05-2006, 02:15 AM
maude
Hello all, there is another group to consider, "The Cherokee Blackfeet Cultural Circle" in New York. We are currently in a membership drive, you need to supply ID . Contact Chief Red Deer at (917) 951-0294 or (877) 280-1625. My name is Chief Louise Thundercloud, I can be reached via email at: maudehills@aol.com. I am the Southeastern representative of the CherokeeBlackfeet Cultural Circle here in DC.
Chief Red Deer will be here on the 22nd of April to talk about the Cultural Circle, we will have a naming ceremony & folks will be able to sign up for membership.
It is the 22nd of April at 2:30, 901 G Street NW. Washington DC .
You can call (202) 986-3925 (me) for information.
I have a group in DC for the unity of all indigenous folks. Most of us are mixed bloods on this coast, many do not have any documentation on a written basis, most have oral history & actually both native & african peoples kept pretty strict oral histories, those things are very important.
Chief Louise Thundercloud

We, The World, WBAI, Good News Broadcast, New Realities and Planet Heart
With 11 Days of Global Unity Present
Message from our Cherokee, Navajo, and Brazilian elders
7:00pm-9:00pm Kraine Theatre, 85 East 4th Street
Between 2nd and 3rd Aves, near 2nd in Manhattan
Take the F or V Train to 2nd Ave or the #6 Train to Astor Place
A gathering of our native Elders featuring:
    * Grandmother Two Feathers, Cherokee Tribe
    * Chief Red Deer, Cherokee and Apache Tribe
    * Margarita Romponas, Cherokee, Apache and Seminole Tribes
    * Lygia DMC, Tuti Guarani (Brazilian) Tribe
Posted By: Chitua Duncan <Send E-Mail>
Date: Tuesday, 18 October 2005, at 12:47 p.m.
    Halito! My People.
I am glad to join you once again here on this Black Indian Forum.
I just wanted to say that we had a great time at the Pow!Wow! in Enid Oklahoma. Their was the blessing of the grounds by Chief Red Deer of the Cherokee Nation in New York,the drumer's and singer's were from the Ponca Nation here in Oklahoma, there were Creek's Seminole's,as well as a few Sac/Fox,that took part in this Pow!Wow!.I would like to take this time to ask that all Black Indians try to come to next year's Pow!Wow! it's going to be bigger than this one was, the Black Indians United org, has asked the Navajo Nation to join us in 2006 for the next Pow!Wow!. I hope that we as a people can come togather and heal the sore that is eating away our pride,love,and the will to become one.
                 With 11 Days of Global Unity Present
Message from our Cherokee, Navajo,
and Brazilian elders
7:00pm-9:00pm
Kraine Theatre, 85 East 4th Street
Between 2nd and 3rd Aves, near 2nd
in Manhattan
Take the F or V Train to 2nd Ave or the #6 Train to Astor Place

A gathering of our native Elders featuring:
Grandmother Two Feathers, Cherokee Tribe
Chief Red Deer, Cherokee and Apache Tribe
Margarita Romponas, Cherokee, Apache and Seminole Tribes
Lygia DMC, Tuti Guarani (Brazilian) Tribe

With music by Rosemary Werley (Cherokee, Navajo and Seminole) and
her indigenous band Plus chants  and prayers with Lygia DMC, Spirit Walk Woman and musical accompanist Christopher, with  Ebony Three Arrows (Tsalagi Black
Indian, Fire Keeper for the Green Mountain Band of Ani Yun Wiwa under
Chief Dhyani Ywahoo) .
Come gather with Our Native Elders and hear important messages about our sacred mother earth. Don't miss this opportunity to be with them at this very special evening! Including live performances and prayers. Proceeds benefit 11 days, We, The World, WBAI and Planet Heart.
Suggested Donation: $10, Call 800-609-9202 ext. 2 or  apr22b-@wetheworld.org
Limited Seating!! Cash only at the door.
www.wetheworld.org/apr22

tachia:
please note ..

*warning* surf the web site of the "cherokee/blackfeet cultural circle" at your own risk .. though i did find the site, i really do not wish to be held accountable for anyones subsequent health problems  .. .. actually i did not make it very far before turning back .. will try to peruse more tomorrow .. ;)

frederica:
I've heard of them that's about it. But not very much. States they are recognized by Berlin, Germany the Indigenous Baltic People of Prussia. Need Ingleborg for that one. Looks like a mixture of African, Asian, Algonquian, South American, Cherokee and whose knows what else. It's hard to say what they are even talking about. frederica

Ingeborg:
I'll be glad to comment, but I can't find anything like that on their page:

--- Quote ---States they are recognized by Berlin, Germany the Indigenous Baltic People of Prussia
--- End quote ---

Can you give me some further directions, please? thnx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version