Author Topic: Andrew Big Smoke  (Read 13924 times)

Offline Ric_Richardson

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Andrew Big Smoke
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 06:26:13 pm »
Tansi;

The Meadow Lake Tribal Council, with Chief Helen Ben as leader, is the Tribal Council which Canoe Lake First Nation belongs to.  The Chief of the Canoe Lake First Nation is Guy Larivierre, whom I meet with, often.

I am sure that you have already been in contact with them, but I will show Guy the photo of "Andrew Big Smoke" the next time I see him, in case this person is from there but has chosen to use a different name.  There are probably concerned family members, who would likely want to know where he is.
Ric

Offline zoi lightfoot

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 10:50:27 am »
Thanks Ric,at the moment we are trying to get him to come in to the IIC,so we can make sure he has proper shelter regular meals and emergency health care if needed until we can get him to go back to Canada

Offline zoi lightfoot

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 12:32:45 pm »
Just to up date everyone,we established contact with Andrew and have set up an emergency contact with his grandmother and elders.Hes been fed watered and accomodated,and he is also healthy which we are thankful for as he is insistant on continuing his journey.His peoples know he is out here and what his purpose is which we've been asked not to hinder and we must therefore respect.
On Friday,Andrew continued his world trek and he is at this time in Holland,all i ask is you watch out for him,he still has a long journey ahead of him.
Thanks all of you for your assistance with this.