General > Frauds

'Pow wow', West Knoyle, Wiltshire, UK July 2005

<< < (2/4) > >>

RobintheDruid:
Thanks Al, Barnaby and Ironhead. I'm going to play it carefully, and the main thing I'd like to do is write a report of it which I can post on here and other sites I've registered with.

However, if you know anyone who lives nearby or in the UK and can also go, if I have some backup I would feel more confident about challenging people.

Al, if you know anyone in the UK who I can join in with to stop this kind of cultural theft, I would like to start to get active on this.

And thanks very much for coming to Glastonbury in the first place and raising my awareness of this issue.

Robin

RobintheDruid:
Oh by the way, I can be reached on the following:

RobintheDruid@hotmail.co.uk
and RobintheDruid@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers

Robin

Barnaby_McEwan:
Okay, I'll be in touch when I know what I'm doing.

Robin Whitlock:
Barnaby, (and others) if you do make it to Wiltshire, my mobile number is 0786 776 8081. Don't try and call me just yet though as I need to pay my bill and Orange may try and cut me off, tho I should have paid it by the time of the pow wow.

By the way I was working the door for the Assembly Rooms in Glastonbury last night where there was a trance-dance rave gig with pseudo-shamanic overtones. The flyer mumbled something about a crystal skull made of red rock that was discovered in Arizona, and there was such a thing on an altar in the middle of the dance floor. The dj had rigged up this dj's booth which looked vaguely like a tipi being made up of three poles with white nylon sheet draped around it. Either side of this was two long backdrips cut and painted to look like totem poles. On each wall was a hoop with a drawing of buffalo-headed 'medicine man' on. Then there were various characters going around with braided leather costumes and face paints (including a good friend of mine whos into all this). Early on the music consisted of ambient trance dance e.g. orbital type stuff interspersed with recorded Native American chanting and drumming. A couple of the local New Age egotists were prancing around on the stage either side of the dj's booth.

Thankfully I was on the door, and by the time we had closed the doors at 11, the pseudo-shamanic stuff had given way to some really kicking right on techno (yehh!)

Anyway, just thought that would amuse a few people.

Hippies, pah!

Robin

180IQ:
I saw similar stuff when I visited Japan in 1997. Some of the kids were wearing tie-dye shirts, bell-bottom pants and lots of beads and leather. Same music too. And h-e-a-v-y drug use. Many were passed out all over the floor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version