General > Frauds

Nibiiwakamigkwe AKA Kay LeClaire AKA Kathryn Le Claire in Madison, Wisconsin

<< < (3/10) > >>

cellophane:
That's quite solid, thanks.

It's really striking for someone to ease into a new identity out of nothing (no vague rumors of Indian ancestry or such), and have it be so elaborate and all-consuming, in such a short time.

cellophane:
4Ground Festival Connects People, Land, and Histories
https://www.artsmidwest.org/news/2022/06-13/4ground-festival-connects-people-land-and-histories

Throat-singing with Taiquaa//Ambe Omaa – ayaga//babaami-ayaa (to travel around)

--- Quote ---Nibiiwakamigkwe, meanwhile, is Oneida, a descendent of the Leech Lake Band of Minnesota Ojibwe, and registered with the Manitoba Métis Federation. Those tribes don’t have throat singing as part of their heritage, but nibiiwakamigkwe began learning the skill about 10 years ago, when they attended their cousin’s wedding and throat singing was a part of the festivities.
--- End quote ---

Is Kathryn really registered with them? Does the Federation require proof? nipinet, the other person claiming indigenous affiliation in Giige, is, in their bio, "a citizen of the Manitoba Métis Federation and a direct descendant of the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa."

Did she have a cousin who married into an Inuit family?

cellophane:
(she -> they).

nipinet themselves seem to be the same as Ned Pines, whose background and work history (in particular Thistle Studios) match those of Ned Landsem's LinkedIn profile. The pictures on Giige and LinkedIn could be the same person. Ned Landsem's job history (barista, writing tutor at Marquette) matches info for Rachel Landsem. I also see recent references to nipinet Landsem. Rachel Landsem appears in some high school related news items from Wisconsin and Minnesota.

cellophane:
Rachel Landsem was born in 1994 (graduated high school in 2012). I think their mother is Stephanie Landsem, a writer of Christian fiction. That is based on the following: Stephanie wrote in her website:
https://stephanielandsem.com/review-and-giveaway-clouds-a-memoir/

that she'd met fellow writer Laura Sobiech when Laura was pregnant with her son Zach, and when Stephanie's oldest daughter, Rachel, was one year old. Zach Sobiech (who died tragically at a young age) was born in May of 1995. That would put this Rachel's birth year in 1994 as well. Rachel Landsem graduated from St Croix Catholic Middle School in Minnesota in 2008. Bruce and Stephanie Landsem donated to St. Croix in 2015, as did Bruce's parents, Norman and Juanita Landsem.
Stephanie Landsem was born to William Wetzel and Jeannette Reardon, and appears (with Bruce) in Willianm Wetzel's obituary:
https://www.lemleychapel.com/memorials/william-red-wetzel-2/

From Norman and Juanita's marriage record, Juanita Landsem was born Juanita Mae Jeanotte. She and her parents, Leo and Josephine Jeanotte, are all listed as Indian in the 1940 census. Both parents were born in Belcourt, North Dakota, home of the Turtle Mountain Chippewa.

To sum: nipinet, Kathryn Le Claire's associate, is apparently indeed one-quarter Turtle Mountain Chippewa.

Advanced Smite:

--- Quote from: cellophane on November 29, 2022, 04:44:49 am ---4Ground Festival Connects People, Land, and Histories
https://www.artsmidwest.org/news/2022/06-13/4ground-festival-connects-people-land-and-histories

Throat-singing with Taiquaa//Ambe Omaa – ayaga//babaami-ayaa (to travel around)

--- Quote ---Nibiiwakamigkwe, meanwhile, is Oneida, a descendent of the Leech Lake Band of Minnesota Ojibwe, and registered with the Manitoba Métis Federation. Those tribes don’t have throat singing as part of their heritage, but nibiiwakamigkwe began learning the skill about 10 years ago, when they attended their cousin’s wedding and throat singing was a part of the festivities.
--- End quote ---

Is Kathryn really registered with them? Does the Federation require proof? nipinet, the other person claiming indigenous affiliation in Giige, is, in their bio, "a citizen of the Manitoba Métis Federation and a direct descendant of the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa."

Did she have a cousin who married into an Inuit family?

--- End quote ---

Nipinet is a Turtle Mountain Chippewa descendant. KL has genuinely Indigenous people around her. Sometimes all it takes is one person to give you legitimacy and others follow...then when the red flags pop up it's hard to question the person. Especially when your work is interwined with them.

I hadn't seen that article. KL claiming to be "registered" with the Manitoba Metis Foundation? From what I've found, I don't think that would be possible. Her dad's Le Claire family is French Canadian. There is some difficulty tracing them back further than Chicago in the 1860s. The family member that runs the genealogy website seems to have worked on it fairly extensively. No suggestion of Metis ancestry. I'm going to work on getting the rest of the genealogy posted. Then I have some timelines that are really interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version