Author Topic: Welcome Back  (Read 11973 times)

Autumn

Welcome Back
« on: October 26, 2014, 09:08:58 pm »
Welcome back!  You were down so long.  What happened?  Were you hacked?

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Welcome Back
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 11:05:36 pm »
No, no, nothing like that. Everything is fine. We have had no breaches of security. We just had some technical difficulties with our domain. Everything should be resolved now.

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 06:11:52 am »
Glad to see everything up and running again.  ;D

Offline Laurel

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 08:06:05 am »
Hooray!

Autumn

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 11:29:04 pm »
Just wondering.  Is there any way you could send out an email alert to the members of the forum if this happens again?  This is the second time since I have been a member that the site was down for an extended period and I get puzzled and nervous every time it does down because I know there are "enemies" to the site who would like to see us down for good.

If you can't send a notice, I understand.  Next time I will just be patient and hope for the best (as I did this time).

Thanks.  And good work getting it back up.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 04:31:05 pm »
If the site is down we can't reach members that we only know through the site. While we were down we set up a mirror site at newagefraud.net that explained it all. It was quickly indexed by google, so a search would have found it. We also set up a Facebook page to keep people updated; it's linked via the .net site.

Epiphany

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 04:42:01 pm »
I had the same experience as ShadowDancer & Autumn, didn't find the .net site via google search, like SD I also tried the downforeveryone site and was told the site was up, I figured that meant that the site was still indeed "up" - as in something was visible, just not what should be there. Glad to see the forum is returned safe and sound. Thanks everyone for working on it.