Author Topic: NAFPS website and forum unavailable  (Read 163 times)

Offline Sparks

NAFPS website and forum unavailable
« on: August 02, 2022, 10:40:48 pm »
The last couple of days the website has been unavailable a couple of times. Yesterday, I got this message:

504 Gateway Time-out
—————————————
nginx

Later, when the front page became available, and I clicked the 'Forum' link, this one appeared:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

The first thing happened a couple of months ago, too, and then again today, after several hours of access.

How come? Are you under hostile attack? Can it be mended and avoided?

Offline Sparks

Re: NAFPS website and forum unavailable
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 08:31:13 pm »
Erratic behaviour continues. Some of the error messages I received today, using Firefox:

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.newagefraud.org.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to www.newagefraud.org. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

I tried another browser (Brave Browser) which told me something like "ERROR — CONNECTION REFUSED".

So I went back to Firefox, and suddenly everything is as usual, for the time being.

Offline Sparks

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 12:09:55 am »
The domain was recently down for almost a week.

All the time, this was the message: "ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE".

I hope you found out what happened, so it can be avoided in the future?

Offline KrazyKraut

• Psiram
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 04:58:20 pm »
Apologies, the problem was on our side. There was no attack.

We had a partition running full (causing a crash) , we had a serious backlog on updates, + several other nastiness. I have not been involved in this for years now and it was quite a challenge.

Current status is everything is updated and fixed on the server side. However, the hardware is a bit dated. We will thus migrate to new hardware this year which will cause some more outage. However, this will be planned and announced.

Feel free to contact me by PM, we have set up means to communicate in case we should go offline unexpectedly again.

My sincere apologies to you for not communicating this sooner.